Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

GOODLUCK so sorry that happened to you. I hope when you are ready to give it a go again, that your BFP is quicker and as sticky as ever!:dust:

AFM... CD13: You can stalk my chart!! Looks like my body is gearing up to OV, donations start on Fri so I hope OV doesn't sneak up on me! Got my 2nd HIGH today on the CBFM! We are getting excited. Trying to keep my focus. Temps are pretty steady. I am using the CBFM and OPKs... will likely test on 2.13.12 and beyond, in order to see if we get a BFP before our angel's due date of 2.15.12. FXD!

I am out this month. AF came right on time at day 28. I am just crushed, sad, and a bit numb.
Ann

I am out this month. AF came right on time at day 28. I am just crushed, sad, and a bit numb.
Ann

Sooooo sorry hun. hugs ! :cry:

We are all here for you ! :flower: Bring on AF and the next cycle ! :happydance:

p.s. did you see my comment to you earlier? (its a few posts ago)

AFM: I got a POS digi OPK tonight. D comes into town tomorrow night and we will do our 1st insem then. I was hoping I would get a pos OPK later in the week so we would have more insems, but 1 or 2 will have to do. So I'm just on top of the moon seeing that smiley OPK !! I just love peeing in cups now... haha !!

ann- so sorry,. i wish i had a friend i wanted to try to conceive with.. i just couldnt make that work for me.. so i have the one shot iui. im going open id so atleast i can feel better that the kid (if it ever happens) can find out about dad... heh maybe he and i can get together in 18 yrs.. he sounds hot =) . i thought my first try last month would be one go.. bfp ,, ride into the sunset (3 of my friends go prego first go). cycle 2 now and my hopes are as low as they were high last month

Ugh, I'm so gutted! I contacted my donor from my youngest daughter and asked if he mind donating again, because he told me a few months ago that he wasn't donating to anyone new. Well, I guess one of the children from his donation developed autism, and he's worried about that happening again. Now, I don't have any issues with autism or raising a child with autism (I've worked with autistic children, and already raise a child with disabilities), but I was really hoping that my youngest child would have a full sibling.

thats a shame, i know what you mean about a full sibling, i love that my boys are full brothers and feel a little bad that any more children i have will only be half siblings (although the will be raised just like full siblings so guess it doesnt matter really)

My two oldest are full siblings from my husband, Anberlin is their half sibling. It would have been nice for her to have a full sibling too.

However, none of the kids know and hopefully will ever know the difference. As far as they know, all three of them have the same Daddy (and they do, but one has a different biological father). There's a very long story behind why Anberlin was conceived via AI with donor sperm and why she's not biologically my husband's, which is described in my Waiting To Try journal (Fairy Tale link in siggy) but to look at her with my husband, you'd never know otherwise!

https://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq12/ZoeAndIsaiahsMom/009118.jpg

Ann - sorry to hear, hugs

BrandiCanucks - your youngest daughter and her daddy look alike :) You are right, no one would ever know that they aren't biologically related!

Just a little update here; February finally arrived, with a bit of luck our boy will be born this month. It has been a challenging pregnancy, but -of course- worth every discomfort :) I am ready to share the little man with his other mommy and the world :) The weight of the belly is starting to get to me and I wish I could sleep back through the night .. if only ones before the baby is born!

my 2 children have different fathers but they both look like me x
hope its the same with this baby, donor is same colouring so heres hoping x

Good luck summer! Wishing you easy labour and delivery dust! May I ask where in Ontario you are? I'm in Brantford.

SUMMER totally remember joining and being in 1st Tri together! That time has come for you, how exciting! Bring on the baby!:flower:

ANN so sorry that AF flew in Hun! :hugs:

DODGE you still have plenty of time, the digi, as with any other OPK or monitor, is showing the surge, so you will likely OV 12-36 hours later. Means you can get as many donations you want in. As well, the day after OV is still good for insem! GL FXD!:dust:

BRANDI those two look just alike, there will be no need for them to know till you are ready to tell. Hope the donor situation works out soon.:dust:

DRSQUID try not to stress, it can very well be your cycle! :dust:

AFM... CD14: You can stalk my chart!! Looks like my body is gearing up to OV, I was able to move my donation to Thursday evening! Tomorrow! Come on TWW! A HIGH today on the CBFM! Trying to keep my focus. Temps are pretty steady. I am using the CBFM and OPKs... *FXD BFP before our angel's due date of 2.15.12*:dust:

1st insem done! We will prolly do another one tonight.. Now the long ass 2ww begins!

Oh & i got to meet his mom last tonight when i dropped him off... Shes really nice!!! Good vibes! Too bad she thinks that we are dating.... Haha

Today is day 2. I'm so nervous. Im hoping to anxiety alone won't detour the process. And my ovulation strip still isn't saying I'm ovulating. But i have a wonderful donor that's willing to help.

I'm definitely ovulating today. Normally, I don't mind dealing with the ovulation pains, but I know this time won't result in a baby, so I'm quite disappointed.

thanks for the good wishes. looking forwrad to sat and hoping that my depression with femara has at least led to nice juicy follies

I'm definitely ovulating today. Normally, I don't mind dealing with the ovulation pains, but I know this time won't result in a baby, so I'm quite disappointed.[/QUOTE

I get ovulatiin cramps too. Do they help you determine when to inseminate?

I'm definitely ovulating today. Normally, I don't mind dealing with the ovulation pains, but I know this time won't result in a baby, so I'm quite disappointed.

I get ovulatiin cramps too. Do they help you determine when to inseminate?

Yup. I keep track of my CM and know when it increases that OV is approaching, and I always get pains when I OV. I also know that my OV date is always CD13 when I'm regular. My cycles are still sorting themselves out from birth 9 months ago. Today is CD13 so hopefully I'm getting back on track.

MEME AN MOMMY Welcome! Yes, you have to give us a little insight into your journey... I am sure someone if not all of us can help out!:dust:

DODGE sounds good! Hope you have caught that eggy. I too had insem last night!!!! FXD!:dust:

BRANDI I know what you mean. Just try to tell yourself that the sooner this cycle is done, you can start the next where you WILL be successful!:dust:

AFM... CD16: You can stalk my chart!! Donation completed last night! No PEAK yet, but still high. CM is very watery! Have another donation set for Monday so... Come on TWW! Trying to keep my focus. I hope that you all have an excellent weeekend full of BFPs and successful eggy chasing! *FXD BFP before our angel's due date of 2.15.12*:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->