Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hey ladies! i'm supposed to be having donations right now but my donor and i have decided to skip this month...between some family stress and his crazy work schedule this month just seems too busy/nuts to get it done...also, i got a smiley on a CBD yesterday (7days after my period stopped) and last month i got the smiley 8days after my period and when i use the Clear blue with lines or first response i dont get a pos till like 10 days after my period so i'm confused and wonder if our timing has been off? next month we're going to start about 5-7 days after my period ends and do insem every other day until cd 12 i think...i used to always get my surge 10 days after my period ended every month without fail so i thought i was regular but now i'm confused and not sure:shrug: dont know why i would get smiley on digital and negative on expensive line opk's? ah well we are def going back to our RE for iui/ivf in august if home insem doesnt work by then...
:dust: to everyone!!

hey ladies! i'm supposed to be having donations right now but my donor and i have decided to skip this month...between some family stress and his crazy work schedule this month just seems too busy/nuts to get it done...also, i got a smiley on a CBD yesterday (7days after my period stopped) and last month i got the smiley 8days after my period and when i use the Clear blue with lines or first response i dont get a pos till like 10 days after my period so i'm confused and wonder if our timing has been off? next month we're going to start about 5-7 days after my period ends and do insem every other day until cd 12 i think...i used to always get my surge 10 days after my period ended every month without fail so i thought i was regular but now i'm confused and not sure:shrug: dont know why i would get smiley on digital and negative on expensive line opk's? ah well we are def going back to our RE for iui/ivf in august if home insem doesnt work by then...
:dust: to everyone!!

I just think your body changes after awhile. i went from having a pos on cd 14 to cd 12 and when i got pregnant it was cd 9 and i am regular every 24 days i get a period but i do ovualate at diffrent times

Just wanted to let you all know that we are finally preggers with # 2! After TTC on and Off for about four years. We were ATTC since December 2011 and on our fourth cycle in March we used a Known Donor and caught our egg!

Hi New here and was wondering if anyone could please help. I tried AI but did not work I am pretty sure I done it wrong and wrong date. When I sucked up the sperm with syringe I got bubbles? I inseminated but not sure if I got it far enough? I know it sounds all stupid questions but I did conceive natually in January and much to my upset I miscarried. I am very upset. Could someone please tell me how to do idiots guide.

omg im so pleased i come across this forum im new here and considering iui via sperm donation. Ive recently turned 30 and im getting really broody esp when i have vivid dreams about having a baby then wake up to realise it was only a dream :cry: People will say i should wait for MrRight but realistically i could wait along time and then regret not having a baby when the time is right for me.
Can anyone point me in right direction for websites as dont think i could possibly ask any male friends as they all in relationships and may be inappropriate. I have searched a few and come across Prideangel and wondering if anyone here used this site and if so what is it like?

Hi New here and was wondering if anyone could please help. I tried AI but did not work I am pretty sure I done it wrong and wrong date. When I sucked up the sperm with syringe I got bubbles? I inseminated but not sure if I got it far enough? I know it sounds all stupid questions but I did conceive natually in January and much to my upset I miscarried. I am very upset. Could someone please tell me how to do idiots guide.

Have you read thru some of the post in this forum? How much research did you do before you inseminated? How did you track your ovulation?
did you practice a bit before insemination day? a syringe doesnt have to be shoved all the way in although closer to the cervix the better but sperm swim. thats why you are told to lay back with your legs up to aid in the direction of the sperm. Do you know where your cervix is? I ask these questions because without knowing the answer you can either get your time wrong. or just totally waste the sperm.
I used softcups to inseminate some call them instead cups. so unsure about the bubble in the syringe thing.
also did you attempt to orgasm after insemination.

omg im so pleased i come across this forum im new here and considering iui via sperm donation. Ive recently turned 30 and im getting really broody esp when i have vivid dreams about having a baby then wake up to realise it was only a dream :cry: People will say i should wait for MrRight but realistically i could wait along time and then regret not having a baby when the time is right for me.
Can anyone point me in right direction for websites as dont think i could possibly ask any male friends as they all in relationships and may be inappropriate. I have searched a few and come across Prideangel and wondering if anyone here used this site and if so what is it like?

Have you tried www.knowndonorregistry.com

Thanks Jazz at the moment looking into the whole process as recently had implant removed after 3 years and no idea how long it will take for period to arrive (im sure i seen abbreviation for it but no idea what most mean :blush: ) but you guys all inspire me and great that no shame that i am single but still want to be a mum. I myself suffered mc in 2007 and understand what some have been through on this or are going through at the moment :hugs:

My girlfriend and I are going to TTC in August. We're really excited. But I am kind of nervous about starting to chart and the whole finding out when I ovulate and such. I have always had crazy wacky menstrual cycles and I am nevous that I may not be able to have children. I want to start tracking my cycles and charting...just nervous.

hey ladies, well we decided to get one donation in this month so fxd for a bfp lol i'm thinking i might have been a day late but oh well it's worth a shot...to refresh your memory i had a smiley dig opk on sat am then no smiley at 7pm, then smiley at 3pm sunday and no smiley monday am...negative on line opk's the whole time (clear blue and ic's) but the IC did get close to being positive sat and then got lighter sunday so i'm thinking my surge was sat but donor couldnt donate until monday am at 10am so i'm not sure about this month. i'm still confused as to why i get smiley's on cbd and not on line opk's...i've always gotten positive opk's with lines for as long as i can remember....oh well i did notice sat night i had some whitish discharge which i rarely have so maybe i was getting set to O...sure wish we had gotten donations in fri and sat :( oh well....we shall see :shrug:

welcome to the newbies and best of luck! :)
:hugs:

I would start charting your temps now, learn as much as you can about your cycle

Thank You! :) Will I ovulate the same time every month?

Some people do, and some don't. Some people do but have a month here and there that they O earlier or later. For instance, I usually O on CD 12, last month, for whatever reason, I'm thinking stress, I didnt O until CD 20! I use OPKS and even had positives opks from cd12-20! So last cycle my egg stalled for a bit. So it's really important to temp and chart that way you can see how your body works and get at least a better idea of when you will O. GL!!

Thanks ladies I appriciate the info! This will be my very first time charting and tempting. I need to get on top of it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->