Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Welcome Merri and Gilka :hi:

Faith, hope that witch stays away :grr:

Ticking, :hugs:

AFM, AF is due somewhere between tuesday and thursday; there was a bit of a discrepancy with FF over my OV date, I think it's CD16. Been having A LOT of symptoms this month including a BAD back since OV day...have tested with IC's, 3 BFN's :dohh: may test with a FRER on monday :thumbup:

Ps, thought I'd better explain the abbreviations for the newbies :thumbup:

AF = Aunt flo
FF = Fertility Friend
OV = Ovulation
CD = Cycle day
IC's = Internet cheapy tests (found this one out myself the other day, lol :winkwink:)
FRER = First Response Early Result

:thumbup:

Thanks for the abbreviations c.30 - was wondering what some of them meant....and couldn't for the life of me figure out what AF meant!! :laugh2:

welcome Gilka! nice to meet u as well! :flower:

C30, thank you! and hopefully it's a little early and that preg test will show BFP soon!! just say NO to aunt FLO!! haha ;)

another abbreviation i use alot is AFM, which stands for "as for me" ;)

enjoy the weekend ladies!

Welcome newbies, and well done Cheryl for the abbreviations, especially the ic one ;)

Ticking that's lovely that your are putting things in with Jesse.. Good luck with your donations, lets hope that day will be blessed in more ways than one :hugs:

Welcome Gilka & Merrihopes your in the right place dont be afraid to ask questions no matter how stupid you may think it sounds :lol:

C.30 hope you get that BFP soon

Im really cant wait till June to start, being really impatient but need to see how my cycle is after 3years of implant but honestly cant wait to start if i could i would start in May. Im going to be a nightmare during TWW :rofl:

hi ladies! how are all you lovelies doing? im in the dreaded TWW yet again. symptoms so far are no different from last month except for a bit of creamy cm. my cm is usually dried up or watery by now. trying not to think about it too much.

Welcomes newbies and f'xd to all my fellow TWWaiters and everyone else no matter where you are in your cycle!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend.

I am not really sure how we all keep our sanity month after month. This is our second month ttc and mother nature is testing my patience. LOL. Last month we did IUI and got a BFN. This month we decided we would try at home thinking that it would be a more relaxed atmosphere. We picked up the tank with our two vials of donor sperm Friday. By all our charting and calculations her surge should have been this morning. Nope! So now I am sitting her with every possibility running through my head. Is it late? Did we miss it? Her temp has not spiked yet so I am hoping we still have time. Fingers crossed that that line shows up soon.

Hi all- I have just joined this forum and am looking forward to sharing experiences & support; and learning more about this new journey. I've decided to move forward with single motherhood and am happy to have found a great resource like this.

@ Gilka~ I am also hoping to start AI this summer as well.

*has tantrum*

My ovulation has gone AWOL! was meant to ov two days ago and NOTHING!

I need either Ov or Af...

Thank you for everyone's welcomes and responses. I am trying Soy this cycle too. My AF came back as normal for a while after chemo. Last November, it went crazy. It is getting shorter and shorter. A day every month. So, I am hoping some soy will stabilize it. I have tried exercises and extra vitamins. I cried when I realized I lost another day this cycle. It looks like it may be too late to switch banks. Ov is this weekend. It's an idea for next month.

Hi ladies,

I'm about ready to give up trying,
I ovulate on cd10/cd11, and someone told me that this reduces my chances of conceiving
Any ideas how I can lengthen it by a day or 2??

Ticking you must be having a down day.. I ovulate early too, surely early ovulation isn't bad as it gives a longer LP? You know you can get pregnant and you will again soon I'm sure. :hugs:

Thank you for everyone's welcomes and responses. I am trying Soy this cycle too. My AF came back as normal for a while after chemo. Last November, it went crazy. It is getting shorter and shorter. A day every month. So, I am hoping some soy will stabilize it. I have tried exercises and extra vitamins. I cried when I realized I lost another day this cycle. It looks like it may be too late to switch banks. Ov is this weekend. It's an idea for next month.

Welcome :) Am trying soy this mOnth too xxx

Welcome Myra

@Ticking there is no scientific evidence to show that early ovulation results in miscarriage. Like JLondon says you know you can get pregnant and miscarriage can be result of many things sometimes no reason at all. Don't worry about it and don't listen to advice on internet as 99.9% of the information is worthless unless from certified gynaecology doctor.

AFM im meeting donor tomorrow for first time. Im so nervous hope he is as nice as he is in our chats. Im considering to start trying early as i ovulate end of this week/beginning of next. I texted donor to find out if he is ok with this arrangement if all goes well tomorrow. Hope he dont think im being too pushy

Just got reply from donor hes happy to donate whenever once everything sorted :) but another younger relative posted 12week baby scan on facebook im happy for her and her OH but had a wee tear cause really want it to be me

Well I should have been 20 weeks pregnant today, but instead I was collecting flowers to take to the funeral directors for Jesse's cremation tomorrow,
Life is soooooo cruel as I'm having to have a donation tomorrow too, eith that or miss a month :(

Hello everyone, haven't been on here in awhile. We decided to take a break after 6 months of ttcing without success using known donor and fresh specimens. We are now doing donor insemenation at a feminist center in our town. We go for our second appointment after all our tests came back ok. So here we go again on this fantastic voyage. Good luck to those of you trying and Happy and Healthy 9 months to those who are preggers.

I am so sorry Ticking didnt mean to offend you just trying to help you feel better about what you had been told. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow on sad occasion :hugs: x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->