Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hey girls,my netbook is broken again,so never get on here! Noah is 15 weeks now and quite hard work due to his reflux :( Poor wee man is in pain all the time and never sleeps! Hes so happy and smiley wen his medication works tho! Wil try to post pix from my old phone 2mro,this new one doesnt let me!

Hope everyone is well!

Congratulations Hun, hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

I've had 2 donations this cycle, due to ovulate today to fingers crossed :) x

Ticking how long did it take for you to ovulate after your mc? And do you know how quickly your hgc levels went down? I've just been going through my mc this weekend and really don't want to have to wait too long to try again.

Hugs Hun, so sorry for your loss :hugs:
My AF arrived 31 days after op, and ovulated as normal,
This month I ov on cd12, so donations were done weds afternoon and thurs night and ov Sunday so doubt any would have lasted xx

Thanks.. you never know, some strong one may have been waiting :dust: I can't wait to try again. I just feel a bit useless right now, as if I'm meant to be having a baby but aren't.. I'm sure you know what I mean :hugs:

JLondon- dont get discouraged..although i know how easy it is to get that way! :growlmad:

ticking- hey you could have a few :spermy: hanging around for a few days if you had some nice EWCM!

Jazz- Congrats on the new baby! :blue:

Congratulations Jazz, he is gorgeous :cloud9: I'm glad your wife got to see the birth.

Amylu, welcome and lots of :dust: to you :thumbup:

Mami, congratulations, H & H 9 months to you!

MrsMM, still following your journal, I may not post much but I'm always reading :hugs:

Faith, lots of :dust: to you, that BFP's surely right around the corner! :hugs:

Luna, love the avatar pic!

Ticking, as the other's have said, there may be some good swimmers left waiting :thumbup:

J, thinking of you as always :hugs:

Sorry if I've left anyone out :hugs:

AFM, I'm on CD8, I started testing with the CBFM yesterday and will start on the smiley OPK's, CM and CP checking on friday (CD10). Doing it slightly different this month in that I'm waiting for my POS OPK and then travelling up to my donor and getting a donation that evening. My timing has perhaps been a bit off the last couple of months with delayed OV, probably due to having to travel to donor, so thought I'd try this. I expect to OV anywhere from CD11 - CD18 so anywhere from saturday 12th - saturday 19th :thumbup:

Amylu, welcome and lots of :dust: to you :thumbup:

Thanks! Have had my positive opk and really bad ov pains today, so the dates are right which is a great start! Insemination this eve too. Good luck everyone!

jazzntee~ CONGRATS!! what a cutie! :thumbup::thumbup:

amylu~ WELCOME!! g'luck on this cycle!! :hugs:

ticking clock~ u know they say spermies live up to 5 days in ya so fxd for ya!! :dust:

lunabean~aw Noah is such a precious baby too! hope his reflux gets better!! :)

jLondon~i know the waiting game sux! try to keep busy and positive thoughts knowing the big man above is getting your sticky bean packaged just right for you!! it WILL happen! :hugs:

c30~thanks girl! and i KNOW your bfp is just around the corner too! mucho baby dust for you this month!! :dust: and hugs right back! :hugs:

afm~ no surge (smiley face on dig) opk at 8pm last night but positive surge at 9am this morning...insem done at 10am and we did insem day before yesterday...he's planning on coming by the next two mornings as well...do yall think that's too much? do u think he could skip tomorrow and just come by fri am? our plan was to start early and do it every other day but after seeing the surge this morning i just dont want to miss O....we both are pretty positive this month so fxd for good things! :)

lots of baby dust and positive love to everyone!!!! :)

FAITH hang in there Hun!:dust:

JLONDON first off, I still feel the need to send you :hugs: as I understand.... 2nd, I am sending this :dust: Come on eggy!!!:dust:

CHERYL Thank you sooo much Hun! GL! I have a sneaky feeling about this month for you, gotta love that CBFM!!! Maybe we will be bump buddies soon!:dust:

JAZZ AWESOME!!! He is just adorable! Sooo happy you all were able to skype that delivery, I know your wife was just super excited! I am soo very happy for you and your growing family.

AMYLU welcome and GL!!!:dust:

AFM... Well... my temps seems to be up and down now. No doubt an effect of the most recent MC. I did test this morning, and it was a stark white BFN! My journey is not over however, as we had an HSG in April and are holding out hope that the next three months we ring true to the high fertility afterwards. I am focused on getting into summer MILF shape while TTC! I will let you know when AF officially sets in, but till then, GL to all May testers and see you in June to the rest!:dust:

Thank you all for your kind welcome! I feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone. This is our 5th month trying since the mc, here's hoping... Although had an awful insemination this eve. Lots of leakage (sorry if tmi) and i worry we wasted some! Also my back aches so struggled with legs in the air.
Has anyone asked their donor to get sperm tested? I'd like to know if he has good swimmers rather than waste months but think he may be offended.
Lots of luck to you all, and keep strong x

Thank you all for your kind welcome! I feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone. This is our 5th month trying since the mc, here's hoping... Although had an awful insemination this eve. Lots of leakage (sorry if tmi) and i worry we wasted some! Also my back aches so struggled with legs in the air.
Has anyone asked their donor to get sperm tested? I'd like to know if he has good swimmers rather than waste months but think he may be offended.
Lots of luck to you all, and keep strong x

Don't be afraid to ask, he should have done it to begin with. But if anything ask what kind of medical history he has and has he done any recent testing, keep it general he might pick it up.

Just to give u guys an update, i read this thread everyday but never know what to say, but i did meet and received a donation from new donor, in the meantime a friend of mine at work got her BFP on her first try >.< lets just say i'm a happy upset person lol. Anyways the donor (a friend from work) came forward as the donor and he offered to help me so i don't have to drive 2 hrs to get a donation, he would be local and available in short notice :D so as upset i was about her BFP i'm looking forward if this cycle is a bust but i'm still hoping that the guy in the city will do the trick. My old donors amounts were low, "but hey it just takes a drop right", well the new donor had so much that some of it was squeezed out of the soft cup when inserting (sorry if tmi) has this ever happened to anybody???

momwannabe- good luck..i got my bfp on my second try with AI w/my hubbys sperm but had been trying since october naturally..in that time 5 of my friends got pregnant w/"oops" babies..so trust me i know how you feel!!! GL to you hun!!

amylu- i had TONS of leakage as well..even w/legs in the air..but lo n behold i got a :bfp: on my 2nd cycle of insemination..so i kinda think its ok! GL hun!

I'm going to see my dr about my early ovulation, as I ovulate normally around cd10 I have been told and read online that it increases the risk of MC's, so I want to see if they can do anything to delay my ovulation xx

Thanks, I guess because we got pregnant using this donor in November (and then had a mc) I feel a bit like everyone will think I'm being silly if I get his swimmers tested!
I've spent time today reading through this post, and some of your journals. I have to say I am so amazed by your spirit, positivity and support of each other. I hope you get your positive tests very soon! Xxx

Hello all! I've been out of the loop for a couple weeks here but I'm back! And..... I got my BFP!!!!!!! 9dpo! So this month we used preseed and soft cups and that seemed to do the trick! we put the preseed in the soft cup and then the semen in the cup and inserted at night so I could sleep with it in, oh and I still elevated my bum for a little bit afterward. I'll be watching to see you all get your BFPs too!!

Congrats Meishka :happydance: a H & H 9 months to you!

When I initially decided to become a single mom, my plan was to do AI from a sperm bank. I've been reading more though about using known donors~ have any of you had experience meeting/conceiving etc a donor through knowndonorregistry.com?

Last month, I also spoke with a friend (or rather a "friend with benefits," if you will) and told him that I was planning to get pregnant. I was surprised to find out that he really wants to have a kid. Sooo...we had a long conversation about possibly doing this together but not as a "couple." Meaning we both want a child, and would be willing to figure out an arrangement so we could co-parent but we don't see each other as our "life partners." In essence, our child (if we do this) would have 2 single parents. This really appeals to me and am currently thinking through potential challenges/benefits before we talk again. Have/are any of you exploring this route & would you be willing to share your experience?

When I initially decided to become a single mom, my plan was to do AI from a sperm bank. I've been reading more though about using known donors~ have any of you had experience meeting/conceiving etc a donor through knowndonorregistry.com?

Last month, I also spoke with a friend (or rather a "friend with benefits," if you will) and told him that I was planning to get pregnant. I was surprised to find out that he really wants to have a kid. Sooo...we had a long conversation about possibly doing this together but not as a "couple." Meaning we both want a child, and would be willing to figure out an arrangement so we could co-parent but we don't see each other as our "life partners." In essence, our child (if we do this) would have 2 single parents. This really appeals to me and am currently thinking through potential challenges/benefits before we talk again. Have/are any of you exploring this route & would you be willing to share your experience?

i met a really nice donor thru that site, and he is very professional, before him i was using a known donor but haven't had any luck so hoping this new donor can help, i received one donation from him and waiting on af now, tested 2 bfn so far so who knows, but in the mix i found a local donor (same town as me) that is willing to help if this cycle is a bust. he would be an uncle role and that's it, his first donation ever he got her pregnant so fx it works for me too,doubt it though :(

Wow congratulations Meishka! That's amazing!

Hope eveyone had a good weekend. I've been all over the place as I feel like this month COULD BE IT. I've had cramping and feel bloated and sore breasts already.... I'm only 4 days past ovulation. I have always waited until I'm almost due before taking a test - what is the earliest (sensible) time to test?!

Fingers crossed for you all this month - xx

meishka- congrats thats wonderful n super early too!!! yay for you :happydance: H & H 9 months to you hon!!

amylu- im not sure really when is a good time to test! LOL. some start testing at 8dpo..personally i think that's just a waste of $ but then again you have women like meishka who get a bfp at 9dpo..so everyone is different depending on ovulation, implantation etc. i got my bfp at 12dpo this time (2 days before my period was due). with my DS i had already been a week past my missed period when i got my bfp ( we were was NTNP)..so its really hard for me to say when is a good time. if you are a true POAS- aholic and have a big pack of IC's on hand and dont mind the disappointment of a few bfn's then i say go for it. if you are like me and only have a few FRER's i say wait until about 2days before your period to test! GL hun fingers n toes x's for you.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOMS, MOMS TO BE and TRYING TO ME MOMS!!! :cake:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->