Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi Ladies,

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now as we waited to start TTC. We are a lesbian couple of 6 years ready to get our family started me-27 her-25. I am on cd11 of a 28 day cycle first home insemination is scheduled for Sunday and we will do three this month as I usually ovulate on cd15.

I have started going crazy reading and search everything wanting to make sure I do everything "right",so I'm hoping I can find a piece of mind in you guys.

Welcome Iwannabump!
this is a wonderfully supportive and informative forum. If we can be of any help in having peace of mind, I think I can speak for the group when I say that we would all love to help. The first and hardest thing to accept IMO is that there is no "right" way. What works for one doesn't work for all. I'm happy to answer anything you want to ask.

Welcome Iwannabump!
this is a wonderfully supportive and informative forum. If we can be of any help in having peace of mind, I think I can speak for the group when I say that we would all love to help. The first and hardest thing to accept IMO is that there is no "right" way. What works for one doesn't work for all. I'm happy to answer anything you want to ask.

I use to fully understand that there wasnt a "right" way before we were days away from actually doing it but now I've gone completely NUTS. Lol, thanks for the reply and welcome!

Welcome 1wanna! Our first cycle was weird and akward and DH and i were constantly questioning every step. I am on cd 4 of our third round of inseminations.
Are you tracking ov? What method do you plan to use?

Welcome Iwannabump!

A previous post talked about your donor issue, I think that really sucks and a natural response would be to be upset.this process is already difficult enough! Good luck! I will be thinking of you.

Hi Ladies,

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now as we waited to start TTC. We are a lesbian couple of 6 years ready to get our family started me-27 her-25. I am on cd11 of a 28 day cycle first home insemination is scheduled for Sunday and we will do three this month as I usually ovulate on cd15.

I have started going crazy reading and search everything wanting to make sure I do everything "right",so I'm hoping I can find a piece of mind in you guys.

Welcome welcome welcome!!! The girls in here are fantastic & no question is stupid.. No info is TMI! My OH & I are doing home AI due to some issues he has, and this forum/thread was ABSOLUTELY my light at the end of a dark tunnel. I read from the beginning of this thread & the advice was great.

I also feel like I 'know' wot I'm doing until a few days b4 Ov (which means now)... & strangely my mind starts playing tricks & I question everything! So u aren't alone there. I'm due to Ov (I think) in about 3-4 days, so dependant on OPKS we'll start doing AI Monday... I'm hoping to get positive OPKS bcos Ive realised the previous 2 months we likely did the AI nowhere near Ov. So am excited to think if we get it right it might actually work!

Ask away with any questions.. Happy to try & answer anything : )

Welcome 1wannabump :hi: lots of luck for your journey :dust:

firechild, how are you feeling now? I hope it helped to have that rant the other day and I think I would have felt exactly the same in your situation :hugs:

Faith, I'm doing ok thank you, just patiently waiting for my 12 week scan which is on the 25th October :happydance: lots and lots of luck and :dust: for this cycle, I'd love it if we could be bump buddies alongside MrsMM :thumbup:

Leah, I agree with firechild, your concerns are natural. :dust: to you for this cycle

MrsMM, still thinking of you and counting down, not long now!! :hugs:

:hi: to everyone else :hi:

Ticking....those are beautiful! You have a gorgeous LO getting big and strong in there :)

Ticking- thank you for sharing. she is lovely and I bet you are so excited.
Cheryl- the wait would drive me crazy! But I bet it will be so worth it. I do feel better after letting off some steam. this is the only place I really felt comfortable doing so.

I started my 3rd round of clomid one day earlier than usual. what's strange is I have not had any side effects so far and usually they start about 12 hours after I take the first pill. not sure if this is a good or bad sign. I have not tempers the last two mornings because of a lot of trouble sleeping and sleeping in. DH is wanting to try attaching a tube to the syringe to see if we can get as close to the cervix as possible. I have heard that it could mean less swimmers make it through the process and that there is often more waste. anyone tried or trying this way?

Firechild: sorry you are having a hard time with your friend. My Dh and I always joke that we aren't f*ed up enough to have kids. It seems like those who plan things out and do it the right way it never happens for but if you have issues better believe your going to get pregnant. It will happen for you. Try and keep your head up.

Ticking clock: your baby looks beautiful! I can't wait to post some of my own. Congrats!!

1wannabump: welcome!

Thank you ladies for also voicing the concerns for Lisa. I was beginning to think I was the only one crazy enough to worry about her as I read the posts.

Lisa, I truly hope you are safe right now and that the men have not done anything horrible. I would feel so guilty if anything happened to you that we could have prevented by alerting someone.

1wannabump, welcome to the thread :)

Tickingclock, lovely scans, than you for sharing.

Firechild, I found the side effects of clomid were less obvious the more
I took it.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Would also like to share a short home doppler video clip with you :)

https://youtu.be/j11AGE4qsyI

Hey Ebelle.

I too have been worried about Lisa, last night I was checking back to see if she has posted anything. This morning I got up and before :coffee: I checked again. I am praying she is ok.

Still no news :(

Really hope she is fine.

Thanks everyone for your worries :hugs: Sorry I acted so immature when I know you were just giving your best advice from the heart. I think sometimes I am too stubborn and think I know what is best :dohh:

I am fine just very sore today and don't feel like doing much. It wasn't what I expected. Maybe something good can come of it :shrug: :blue: :shrug:

Still no news :(

Really hope she is fine.

Thanks everyone for your worries :hugs: Sorry I acted so immature when I know you were just giving your best advice from the heart. I think sometimes I am too stubborn and think I know what is best :dohh:

I am fine just very sore today and don't feel like doing much. It wasn't what I expected. Maybe something good can come of it :shrug: :blue: :shrug:

I'm glad you're safe Lisa. I think we were all slightly stubborn and thinking we knew best at 19 (I know I was) that's probably why, with our slightly older heads on, we can possibly see the dangers of these situations a bit more than you can.

Ticking, those scan photo's are so lovely, can't wait to share mine :cloud9:

Ebelle, love hearing the heartbeat!!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"