Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Welcome ESHA! I will agree with KELLYnJEN and MOMWANNABE, we found a donor from each of those methods. I also don't think it is too early, the process is long in itself because of all the donor searching and comfortability. Familiarize yourself with these threads, read some journals, we all have been very detailed and will help along the journey! GL:dust:

GL today NIMYRA!!! :dust:

Ladies I feel so out today. 7dpo. Boobs only a teeny bit sore but still beg and I feel shitty and emotional :-(

Quick questions... does anyone on here have PCOS? I do and I'm afraid that it will stop me from getting pregnant. I just called my sister who had PCOS and she said she has never had a problem getting pregnant (naturally). I googled pregnancy with PCOS and it varies from person to person. I go se my doctor Monday I'm going to ask about taking fertility meds right away because my first try will be mid November. Any more tips... all of this is a little overwhelming and although my gf is helpful I don't think she feels the same stress that I do.

Ladies I feel so out today. 7dpo. Boobs only a teeny bit sore but still beg and I feel shitty and emotional :-(

Oh hang in there honey!! Your not out until AF shows. And it's still very early days yet for you. From everything I've ever read, the one thing I'm certain of is that you really NEVER know until AF arrives bcos some girls never get any obvious symptoms. And I'm not fully convinced that symptoms in the TWW can ever be trusted- we are just SO aware of our bodies during the TWW that everything might mean something or nothing at all.

So don't give up hope! My new mantra is that hope is the most important part of TTC, it gets us thru the TWW & it makes us go back & try again & again despite disappointment.. Hang in there

Am doing a little happy dance today! Finally have a smiley face on my OPK this morning!!! After wasting at least 2 months by missing Ov thanks to wacky cycles- i feel like the cat thats got the cream today : ) You'd think it was a BFP I'm so excited about it!!! Funny how the goal posts change sometimes, never thought a positive OPK would make me feel so happy & positive!

Am working till 10pm so can't do any AI till then, and then hopefully another tomoro.. Would love to do a third day as well but that might be pushing it for my OH... But we'll see!

Good evening everyone. My gf and I decided we wanted to start a family.. .we read various websites on how to perform home inseminations...we found a donor, got opks and it worked on the first try. My gf is 5 weeks preg now . I'm still in shock, really didn't think it would work. Baby dust n best wishes to all that are ttc.

Good evening everyone. My gf and I decided we wanted to start a family.. .we read various websites on how to perform home inseminations...we found a donor, got opks and it worked on the first try. My gf is 5 weeks preg now . I'm still in shock, really didn't think it would work. Baby dust n best wishes to all that are ttc.

Congratulations!!!!

:bfn: :cry: I'm 12 or 13 DPO and I know this means I'm out. I've done this enough times to know. Also my temps aren't very high.

So I don't know why I've been feeling all the symptoms I have been, but I guess its something else. And maybe I should worry about the 5 lbs I seem to have gained in the last week.

I know this is only my first cycle with this new donor, but I really thought this was the time, and I'm so disappointed.

I am thinking about investing in a clearblue ovulation predictor - I'm not 100% sure I even ovulated this past month because the test strips I was using were so inconclusive.

Am doing a little happy dance today! Finally have a smiley face on my OPK this morning!!! After wasting at least 2 months by missing Ov thanks to wacky cycles- i feel like the cat thats got the cream today : ) You'd think it was a BFP I'm so excited about it!!! Funny how the goal posts change sometimes, never thought a positive OPK would make me feel so happy & positive!

Am working till 10pm so can't do any AI till then, and then hopefully another tomoro.. Would love to do a third day as well but that might be pushing it for my OH... But we'll see!

The first time I got a smiley, I called DH and was like "I know why they are happy faces, I can't stop smiling." I tested with others for months before that but was always unsure. It is definitely an exciting feeling

:bfn: :cry: I'm 12 or 13 DPO and I know this means I'm out. I've done this enough times to know. Also my temps aren't very high.

So I don't know why I've been feeling all the symptoms I have been, but I guess its something else. And maybe I should worry about the 5 lbs I seem to have gained in the last week.

I know this is only my first cycle with this new donor, but I really thought this was the time, and I'm so disappointed.

I am thinking about investing in a clearblue ovulation predictor - I'm not 100% sure I even ovulated this past month because the test strips I was using were so inconclusive.

So sorry. It doesn't matter how many cycles we go through, it never gets easier to see BFN.
When is AF due?
I am very fond of the digital opks. it took the questioning out of testing for me. I was always so unsure with the reg strips. they are a little more pricey but worth it to me.

:hugs: NIMYRA... It is an investment but it truly was VERY helpful with our conception, each time we used the CBFM we were able to get pregnant, this one is sticking around alittle longer. I got mine from eBay so it wasn't as expensive. GL :dust:

CONGRATS and welcome :wave: BLACKMOON, wishing you a H&H 9 mos!!!!

Sorry about the bfn. Such a disappointing feeling. Not sure if u meant the Clearblue Ov monitor or the Clearblue digital OPKS?? But I think either are worthwhile. I've never used the monitor but I have another brand which is similar. I'm not using it though bcos I found the sticks just too expensive. I've used the Clearblue digital (smiley) OPKS this month & I'm a big fan. No ambiguity- either a smile- or no smile. I've had enough of cheapie ones. Ive also found a great Internet site in the uk which sells them much cheaper than I can get them here (Australia).

I say go ahead and buy... I'm so happy I spent the extra money for the digital OPKS.

Sorry to hear about your BFN but don't give up hope. My gf and I used the clearblue opk and if we hadn't we would have completely missed her ovulation day. From what we had read it said that she would ovulate 14 days after her af started but she didn't ovulate til day 19. The opk made all the difference.

Ladies I'm freaking out. 8dpo here. Just went to loo and wiped. Shed loads of snotty cm... And a streak of pink blood...

Sorry about the BFN Nimyra :hugs:

Welcome and congrats Blackmoon :happydance:

Laura, don't want to get your hopes up but that COULD be implantation bleeding, really hoping it is!!! :dust:

That was my first thought. This has never happened before. Freaking out!

Try not to freak out hunny, it could be IB but it could just be some spotting in the 2ww. Even if that has never happened to you before, it could just be a strange cycle. Either way, I wouldn't think it's anything to worry about :hugs:

Of course. I'm not taking it as a definite or anything like that, but it does give me hope. Which is good, considering my hope meter was at 0% the last day or so

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->