Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Ok. tmi coming:
DH and I began inseminations last night. If I have an orgasm before or after, then it always seems like there is leakage. to be quite honest though I can't really tell if the leakage is preseed, donation, or mine. Everything I read says it is beneficial to orgasm and its part of the babymaking DH and I can enjoy together but is it worth it if we are looking swimmers?
This is so frustrating! I can only take clomid 3 more months and this whole process is making me go crazy! it doesn't matter how much I read pregnant how confident I feel beforehand, every cycle around insemination time I feel like we are doing everything wrong.

Oh that's wonderful and ideal. Great that you are using preseed! It's the only thing I use and it's wonderful, slippery, long lasting. IME providing a fantastic orgasm will indeed involve a lot of female fluid and although I understand your concern about losing precious sperm, I doubt that is it.

As others have suggested, just be sure to keep your hips elevated. I know a lot of gals talk about putting a pillow under the bum, however I find it a great alternative if you instead lay belly down with 2 pillows under the hips so you are up in the air. Provides the ideal angle for NI since a lot of guys like me prefer rear entry, while also taking advantage of gravity to keep the sperms all in and flowing into the cervix.

Ok. tmi coming:
DH and I began inseminations last night. If I have an orgasm before or after, then it always seems like there is leakage. to be quite honest though I can't really tell if the leakage is preseed, donation, or mine. Everything I read says it is beneficial to orgasm and its part of the babymaking DH and I can enjoy together but is it worth it if we are looking swimmers?
This is so frustrating! I can only take clomid 3 more months and this whole process is making me go crazy! it doesn't matter how much I read pregnant how confident I feel beforehand, every cycle around insemination time I feel like we are doing everything wrong.

Oh that's wonderful and ideal. Great that you are using preseed! It's the only thing I use and it's wonderful, slippery, long lasting. IME providing a fantastic orgasm will indeed involve a lot of female fluid and although I understand your concern about losing precious sperm, I doubt that is it.

As others have suggested, just be sure to keep your hips elevated. I know a lot of gals talk about putting a pillow under the bum, however I find it a great alternative if you instead lay belly down with 2 pillows under the hips so you are up in the air. Provides the ideal angle for NI since a lot of guys like me prefer rear entry, while also taking advantage of gravity to keep the sperms all in and flowing into the cervix.

Jake, no offence meant by this but just wondering why you are reading this thread? Given that it's basically for women or men who are wanting to do home insemination & to get support & info, it seems a little strange that u are in here? I'm guessing your answer could be 'to offer advice', but I've gotta say (& I'm speaking only for myself, I don't know how the other girls feel), but I find it a little distasteful to read a post from you telling one of the girls that you 'prefer rear entry'. I will assume that you may not have intended it that way- but it for me personally I find it a bit innappropriate.

OH OK. I like assisted conception very much so just my thoughts and experiences. No offense meant :hugs:

Hey, just found this site the other day when searching for tips for an at home insemination. I think this is the right place for me!!
Heres a little about me and my story.
My name is Shantel, my partner and I have been together for 4 years (december). I am 24 and she is 28. I have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship(yes, I had him very young), but loves that he now has 2 mommies!! And we are going to start inseminating this month! Im soo excited! We have everything in order, from tracking ovulation to our donor. We tried at home insemination 2 years ago, but had hard times and put it on hold. Early this year were ready to go, found a donor but before we got to inseminate he was killed. It was very tragic, he was a family friend. So we kept looking and found another. Well he did nothing but get our hopes up. So we put our dream on hold... And then all of a sudden we actually had 2 friends offer!! So I think its finally our time, it came to us... So now here we are getting ready to start our journey!!

Any tips on home insemination?? I have read a lot and I mean A LOT!! LOL.

Hey girls, how do I get my FF charts to show up in my signature??? I've got no idea how... And does it matter if I do all my charting from my iPhone? I can still log in on a normal PC...

my personal experience was I would lie with my bum on a pillow and my legs up, leaning against the wall. and the month that I got my :bfp: we only did 1 insemination on ovulation day and after the insemination, kept the syringe in and my partner helped me reach a very loving orgasm.

I've never had much problem with leakage and we add a bit of preseed into the syringe + insert preseed in vagina 1/2 hr before insemination. I tried soft cups on the days that I needed to go out after the insemination. But if I was staying home, I didnt use them and simply lay in bed as long as I could.

hope this helps!

Hey, just found this site the other day when searching for tips for an at home insemination. I think this is the right place for me!!
My name is Shantel, my partner and I have been together for 4 years (december). I am 24 and she is 28. I have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship(yes, I had him very young), but loves that he now has 2 mommies!! And we are going to start inseminating this month! Im soo excited! We have everything in order, from tracking ovulation to our donor. We tried at home insemination 2 years ago, but had hard times and put it on hold. Early this year were ready to go, found a donor but before we got to inseminate he was killed. It was very tragic, he was a family friend. So we kept looking and found another. Well he did nothing but get our hopes up. So we put our dream on hold... And then all of a sudden we actually had 2 friends offer!! So I think its finally our time, it came to us... So now here we are getting ready to start our journey!!

AI or NI?

I'm sorry, but what does it matter if it's AI or NI? It's a rather personal question and it's up to the poster if they want to say which method they're using or not.

Welcome and good luck

Hi ladies! (and random gentleman with some possibly well meant but seemingly creepy responses.)

4dpo today. We just finished our "weekend" as we are both off on Sun and Mon. I hatched a new plan to stuff her full of homemade deliciousness and make it so that the eggy is dying to stick around. LOL! Mostly I am making the kitchen my hobby for the 2ww. I have backed and cooked for days and meal planning prep and fresh baked goods are both time consuming and good for DW and a baby. That's what I call multiple birds with one stone. :)

Hey girls, how do I get my FF charts to show up in my signature??? I've got no idea how... And does it matter if I do all my charting from my iPhone? I can still log in on a normal PC...

Access the full site and find the tab that says share. copy a code (not html) and paste it under signature. hope this helps. and I do everything from my phone(that's why I always have loads of typos lol).

Access the full site and find the tab that says share. copy a code (not html) and paste it under signature. hope this helps. and I do everything from my phone(that's why I always have loads of typos lol).

:dohh: you beat me to it! I had to go to my signature for a memory refresher because I couldn't remember how I did it! :haha:

Welcome and good luck

Yes, good luck Shantelleyrae, it looks like you've been on quite a journey to find a donor.

Firechild, your chart is looking good :thumbup:

Jules, I had a quick look on my ipod FF, and at the bottom of my chart there's a "more" option and then "share/email chart". I clicked on "create/preview home page" and got given a link which I clicked on. At the top right of the charts that then came up was a "share this page" button. I clicked on that and got the code that you need to put in your signature box. I think it's bbcode for message boards. I hope that helps and doesn't simply confuse you :haha:

Alternatively, do this cos it sounds a hell of a lot easier :rofl: :thumbup:

Welcome SHANTELLEYRAE!! GL FXD!:dust: to you and OH.... Our stories are soo very similar. We have a 9 yo DD (10 on 10.27) and we are currently in the very early stages of Preg#2. FXD! We have been together for over 16 years however and have been trying forever for number 2 with some ups and downs. If you have any questions, need help, or just plain support this group of ladies is GREAT and I am of course as they will tell you always around! GL Hun!

LEAH, all sounds GREAT! I mean, that's basically how things ended up for us, of course not planned 100% because OV is up in the air always, but as it turns out, we will get to announce during the holidays, conceived during DWs B-day and will be due just after Mother's Day (US) and I kinda doubt I will go fully so maybe right near the day instead. I am feeling some excitement for you two this cycle! FXD! :dust:

Hi Ladies:wave:

Ok. tmi coming:

After we do the AI I always lie down hips up on pillows for at least 30-40 mins. I attempt having an O but cant always manage it lying with legs up on pillows! Not conducive for me! : ) however i did read somewhere that someone was having the O BEFORE inseminating... You could try that,& just be quicksmart with the AI?? Then I reckon if u can stay lying down for as long as possible, then ur probably good!

I think it was you Firechild who calmed me down just after we did the AI last week?? I was flippin out a little worrying that we should've done another one the day after Ov?? I'm not certain but I think it mightve been you?- anyway, whoever it was, they were very wise, & correctly pointed out that at Ov we all have a habit of freaking out & questioning EVERYTHING that weve done.. The day, the timing, the method, did some spill out afterwards??... It does ur head in. So try & relax & know that you've done ur best, & the rest we can't control.

It would appear that for the last two cycles I am getting a positive opk the same day I ovulate. does anyone have any experience with this?
We do our last insemination tonight. though I think its too late, I have been quite cramp all day. I really hope that this is the cycle for us.

Thanks for the chart info ladies... Will try to add my chart after work tonite!

So sorry AF showed NIMYRA... :hugs: I agree, be careful with the SOY, I tried it once and my cycle was almost 50 days.... GL :dust:

Welcome SHEFALI and GL :dust:

LEAH, that chart looks good Hun!:dust:

:wave: Ladies Hi!

thanks sweetie :flower:

Thanks MrsMM24! We got our crosshairs this morning so 3 days in and 11 to testing. That means the 2ww ends exactly on our anniversary . I knew it would be in the ballpark but 14dpo is right on the money! I hope this is it for so many reasons but the cheesiest of which is: She would be hitting the second tri right before the holidays. That means holiday/announcement cards could go our with our gifts. How awesome would that be?!?!?!? we inseminate -2 -1 and 0 so I know our bases are covered. I just hope we get a sticky!!!!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

An anniversary BFP would be awesome for sure!! rooting for you!! GL :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"