Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Ok. tmi coming:
DH and I began inseminations last night. If I have an orgasm before or after, then it always seems like there is leakage. to be quite honest though I can't really tell if the leakage is preseed, donation, or mine. Everything I read says it is beneficial to orgasm and its part of the babymaking DH and I can enjoy together but is it worth it if we are looking swimmers?
This is so frustrating! I can only take clomid 3 more months and this whole process is making me go crazy! it doesn't matter how much I read pregnant how confident I feel beforehand, every cycle around insemination time I feel like we are doing everything wrong.

Oh that's wonderful and ideal. Great that you are using preseed! It's the only thing I use and it's wonderful, slippery, long lasting. IME providing a fantastic orgasm will indeed involve a lot of female fluid and although I understand your concern about losing precious sperm, I doubt that is it.

As others have suggested, just be sure to keep your hips elevated. I know a lot of gals talk about putting a pillow under the bum, however I find it a great alternative if you instead lay belly down with 2 pillows under the hips so you are up in the air. Provides the ideal angle for NI since a lot of guys like me prefer rear entry, while also taking advantage of gravity to keep the sperms all in and flowing into the cervix.

Jake, no offence meant by this but just wondering why you are reading this thread? Given that it's basically for women or men who are wanting to do home insemination & to get support & info, it seems a little strange that u are in here? I'm guessing your answer could be 'to offer advice', but I've gotta say (& I'm speaking only for myself, I don't know how the other girls feel), but I find it a little distasteful to read a post from you telling one of the girls that you 'prefer rear entry'. I will assume that you may not have intended it that way- but it for me personally I find it a bit innappropriate.

i second you. you just wrote what i was thinking. very strange to have a guy around talking like this.. make me very uncomfortable about posting personals.. :shrug:

Hey, just found this site the other day when searching for tips for an at home insemination. I think this is the right place for me!!
Heres a little about me and my story.
My name is Shantel, my partner and I have been together for 4 years (december). I am 24 and she is 28. I have a 9 year old son from a previous relationship(yes, I had him very young), but loves that he now has 2 mommies!! And we are going to start inseminating this month! Im soo excited! We have everything in order, from tracking ovulation to our donor. We tried at home insemination 2 years ago, but had hard times and put it on hold. Early this year were ready to go, found a donor but before we got to inseminate he was killed. It was very tragic, he was a family friend. So we kept looking and found another. Well he did nothing but get our hopes up. So we put our dream on hold... And then all of a sudden we actually had 2 friends offer!! So I think its finally our time, it came to us... So now here we are getting ready to start our journey!!

Any tips on home insemination?? I have read a lot and I mean A LOT!! LOL.

preseed, softcups, legs elevated, Big O post insem.. i am sure you know of all these :D let me know if i missed out anything :)

It would appear that for the last two cycles I am getting a positive opk the same day I ovulate. does anyone have any experience with this?
We do our last insemination tonight. though I think its too late, I have been quite cramp all day. I really hope that this is the cycle for us.

I OV'd the same day as OPK 2 separate months, both times I got the donation 6pm that evening. I didn't get a BFP that way but I do know of a lady, doing AI, who got her BFP with a donation the day after OV and now she has a little boy so "late" donations can work. I think from looking at your chart, your timing has been perfect. My fingers are tightly crossed that this is your month!!

Hello Ladies,

Newbees here just looking at information for the next stage in our TTC Journey.

Im Cassie and My partner is Alex. We would like to find out a little more about the AI process so will be reading and stalking for a little while if thats ok?!

Many Thanks

Casssie :flower:

Hello Ladies,

Newbees here just looking at information for the next stage in our TTC Journey.

Im Cassie and My partner is Alex. We would like to find out a little more about the AI process so will be reading and stalking for a little while if thats ok?!

Many Thanks

Casssie :flower:

:wave: welcome!
This thread was how we started our TTC journey too. :thumbup: There's no need to stalk silently. Feel free to jump in and ask questions. My partner and I are in our 7th month of TTC #1 and I am happy to help in any way I can. These ladies are helpful and super protective.

Regarding the Soy Isoflavones.

I am doing 80, 80, 120, 120, 160? days 2-6. Hoping and praying it does what I hope it will do and doesn't give me an crazy cycle like some people reported. This board is full of stories of women who tried soy and had great success, so I'm trying not to fret too much.

I may have to take a few months off trying after this month, so hoping and praying this is my month!

I have to say ladies that I did doggy with my donor, and got pregnant with the baby I lost,
Anything that helps the sperm stay in will increase your chances

Not defending jake but giving a woman who did NI's view x

Ticking clock, maybe I'm being sexist.. But I'd rather hear that info from you than the previous poster! Not simply bcos ur female but bcos I don't question ur motivations for being in here...I fear he may be a lurker in here for all the wrong reasons.

Today I'm feeling a bit flat. I'm 7dpo & right on usual schedule I've got 1 tender bb!! 7 days b4 AF comes I always get tenderness in my right bb due to cysts... Which makes me feel that this month is a bust : (

Ok, ladies, I've been waiting for my 12 week scan to give you an update here.
Here is a quick recap of my story - 35 yrs old, got my :bfp: on first try with AI when insem one day post-OV, orgasm during insem with syringe, no preseed, no softcup, just legs up for 20 min. Just super surprised it happened so fast, but quite happy today to find out all is well and it seems it's a sticky one :thumbup: :happydance:
In the meantime, I've been reading your posts and following your stories here.
Sending lots of :dust: to Laura, firechild, Shefali, Nimyra and the rest of you wonderful ladies.
I'm sorry to say, but I'm also getting some weird vibes from the only guy here :nope:
@ Mrs MM24 - almost 10 weeks this Friday - hoooray!!! Hope not much nausea and morning sickness. I had the worst 10th and 11th weeks - trobbing headaches and feeling super run down, but we are all different & hope not too bad for you.
@ Sheryl - we are exactly one week apart. Good luck with your 12 wks appointment next week :hugs:

Also, I'm still riding my motorcycle, but forgot to ask the doctor today if I can continue or better not? Suggestions? I'm 12 weeks and 2 days, so not quite sure.

To all - just by looking at the pictures - what do you say - boy or a girl?

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 10
Welcome Cassie, and good luck! I also joined the thread before beginning. these ladies are so helpful and supportive, and truly inspiring. You can come here to vent, to get comfort, or to just update and get some input. I have roamed several threads and feel that the women hear are the most wonderful of all the boards!

Jules- I know it is you that is always reminding us that it isn't over til AF rears her nasty head.:) and remember that AF symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are quite similar. how many times have we seen our expecting mamas on here say that they felt like they were out before they got their BFP?

I have been having a terrible week at work and have really been hating the clomid! The SA for our donor is set up for the first week of November. My doc is really pushing the iui as I only have 3 rounds of clomid available. He even said he will allow DH to push the syringe after everything is set up.:)
All together it will cost us about 700 per procedure (scans, trigger, etc.). It is certainly reasonable, but we will loose the intimacy we have with doing it at home.
DH's birthday is this weekend, I am looking forward to celebrating. if we are on course this cycle, we will test on Halloween.
Where are our BFPs this month girls? When is everybody testing?
Thank you for sharing eli! That's a beautiful lil bean you have there!

Elirose....I rode my motorcycle up until 14 weeks with my first. After that I was just not confident with the balance and my changing body. Strangely enough it was on my bicycle with my second child where I got into an accident. :dohh: so you never know.

Congrats and a happy & healthy 9 months to you!

Ticking clock, maybe I'm being sexist.. But I'd rather hear that info from you than the previous poster! Not simply bcos ur female but bcos I don't question ur motivations for being in here...I fear he may be a lurker in here for all the wrong reasons.

Today I'm feeling a bit flat. I'm 7dpo & right on usual schedule I've got 1 tender bb!! 7 days b4 AF comes I always get tenderness in my right bb due to cysts... Which makes me feel that this month is a bust : (

No probs Hunni, I won't mention the other positions we did, but will say it was relaxed and enjoyable and didn't feel awkward :haha:

Got my crosshairs today but had a slight temp drop. I am officially in 2ww. this is always the hardest time I think. I am going to try my best just to keep my mind off of it. have had lots of cramping and pressure, but that has been pretty common post o on clomid.

No probs Hunni, I won't mention the other positions we did, but will say it was relaxed and enjoyable and didn't feel awkward :haha:

Lol, I'm all for keeping it interesting!! : ) and clearly it worked out very nicely for ur BFP!

Welcome CC2MUMS... I'm certain we all started as stalkers, but as you will soon find, you are going to be jumping in here soon. Do not hesitate to ask away and feel comfy in knowing that we are going to give you all types of info, opinions and support! GL on the journey!:dust:

ELIROSE... YAY! Awesome update Hun! Even more awesome scan pic, I'm going to throw my name in the hat for BOY... As for the MS, it comes and goes... Definitely less frequently than it was a week or so ago, BUT whe few times it sneaks in, it is far more rough, no vomit so I am thankful for that. The biggest thing is my FATIGUE, it is so ridiculous, I can barely stay awake when DD is doing homework after school. I mean, I have NEVER been the the "lazy" type, but you can label me that now. Working 8 or so hrs a day is about all that I can withstand. I have no appetite but make myself eat and I have lost aboout 10lbs, had to dig out clothes from yrs ago, it looks more like 20-25lbs... My scan is 10.23 so we are anxious and scared all at the same time....

How is it going over there LEAH???

CHERYL, how are you getting along nearing that 2nd Trim? We are like 2 weeks apart exactly.

How is everyone else holding up?

Things here are plugging right along. Last night DW had some nausea out of nowhere. I totally know it could be nothing but I can't help but like it. We are both trying not to symptom spot but when stuff like that happens, You can't help but to be a tiny bit hopeful that it is because there is something happening in there. LOL! She also has an earache. It is her first ear infection as an adult and she is not thrilled about it. When we went to see the Dr she told him before he wrote any prescriptions that she may be pregnant and he offered to give her a test. I told him that she was only 5dpo and I doubt she would even maybe show up positive as it is so early. He moved along in the conversation and then asked again if she wanted to take a urine test. Needless to say it was both annoying and slightly amusing that he thought it may come back positive. Other than the earache we are on top of the world right now. Just waiting to see that second line on the 25th :)

CHERYL, how are you getting along nearing that 2nd Trim? We are like 2 weeks apart exactly.

I know, I love that we are PG at the same time! I'm doing really well, thank you. My nausea stopped the day before I hit the 10 week mark. I have a lovely big bloat (I put pics in my journal, page 9) which actually makes me look like I'm pregnant. I've had lots of cramps over the last week which "scared" me a bit but I know they can be normal and my buddies reassured me of this. I'm also having round ligament pain which is also reassuring. :thumbup: I am SOOOOO impatient for my scan, lol. My first tri has flown by but time seems to have slowed down now cos I'm so looking forward to the 25th!!! Will share my scan pic next week :thumbup:

Leah, just seen the date in your post. Looks like we're both looking forward to the 25th. Everything's tightly crossed for that second line for you :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->