Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Leah- chart looks really good! I am hoping and prayer so hard for you and jules and laura. I can't wait to see your BFPs. here's to hoping October is a lucky month for each of us!

I want my anniversary BFP so bad it hurts. Here's to hoping we all get that second line this cycle. :) I've stopped getting too excited about DW charts just because they are always beautiful and climbing....until they arent. ;)

So when is the best time to do the inseminations?? I am soo confused because soo many people say different time frames. My donor knows and is okay with at least 3 times. I was thinking before Positive LH surge, the day of Positive and the next day. For ladies that are pregnant what worked best for you?? Ive seen a lot of people waiting a few days after LH surge.. Im pretty regular, 27 to 29 day cycles. I have been tracking on an app for about a year now. I just started my period yesterday and will start trying this cyce!! Im soo excited and just want as much info as possible! LOL. Getting all my research done before its time. Any advice is much appreciated!! Thanks in advance! And good luck ladies!!

I want my anniversary BFP so bad it hurts. Here's to hoping we all get that second line this cycle. :) I've stopped getting too excited about DW charts just because they are always beautiful and climbing....until they arent. ;)

Maybe you will not be getting excite, but I will be for you. :coffee: waiting and watching.....

So when is the best time to do the inseminations?? I am soo confused because soo many people say different time frames. My donor knows and is okay with at least 3 times. I was thinking before Positive LH surge, the day of Positive and the next day. For ladies that are pregnant what worked best for you?? Ive seen a lot of people waiting a few days after LH surge.. Im pretty regular, 27 to 29 day cycles. I have been tracking on an app for about a year now. I just started my period yesterday and will start trying this cyce!! Im soo excited and just want as much info as possible! LOL. Getting all my research done before its time. Any advice is much appreciated!! Thanks in advance! And good luck ladies!!

Hey :flower:

we are cycle buddies :happydance: i am cd1 today. your insem plan sounds good-before Positive LH surge, the day of Positive and the next day. are you using opks? or do you go by the app :)

your chart looks promising..i hope this is your month!

:dust: :dust:

Thanks, wonderful ladies, for all your guesses on the gender and for your good wishes. Sending truck loads of :dust: to all TTC and fingers crossed this is your cycle :hugs:

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1
Thanks, wonderful ladies, for all your guesses on the gender and for your good wishes. Sending truck loads of :dust: to all TTC and fingers crossed this is your cycle :hugs:

Theres apparently a theory on the gender of the baby depending on when you inseminated. Apparently girl swimmers live longer than the boys but are slower. If you inseminated 3,2,1 days before ov then chances are the boys have died off and the girls are at the top of the tube waiting for the eggy to drop out. However if you insem on the day of ov or the day after the boys will be able to get to the egg on its journey down the fallopian tube way faster than the girl. So if you insemed when you ovulated chances are its a boy.

Mine is a bit more difficult to work out as i used the fertility monitor so insemmed for 5 days from the day of my high fertility right to the evening before ov. Therefore it could technically be both as there was fresh loads going in daily.

Not that I mind what it is, although i do prefer girls names and clothes :) But only 2 weeks and 3 days until i can hopefully find out. Im not holding my breath though as i had an emergency scan last week due to contracting pains and bubble (our nickname for baby) was somersaulting and moving so much they couldnt get measurements let alone anything else!!!

Cant wait to see the baby again!!

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Cheryl, so happy for your pregnancy and looking forward to seeing the scan picture.

Leah I really hope this is your month.

Laura hang in there!

Babydust to all of the rest of you still trying to conceive

Hey :flower:

we are cycle buddies :happydance: i am cd1 today. your insem plan sounds good-before Positive LH surge, the day of Positive and the next day. are you using opks? or do you go by the app :)

I will be using opks but gonna go by the app for the early day. I definitly dont want to miss a single chance of me getting preggos!! I may even see if the donor will be available for a 4th attempt. I have seen a lot of ladies getting it done on the first try, I could only wish that I could be that lucky!! I dont know if I could go through with months of trying, a lot of ladies on here have had a very difficult journey. But in the end, it is definitly worth it!! But I am soo glad I found this thread!! I hope it can keep me sane while trying!! :)

Elirose....I rode my motorcycle up until 14 weeks with my first. After that I was just not confident with the balance and my changing body. Strangely enough it was on my bicycle with my second child where I got into an accident. :dohh: so you never know.

Congrats and a happy & healthy 9 months to you!

Thank you. And about the riding of my motorcycle, I'll wait until it feels uncomfortable or see if I can ask my doctor about it. I'm mostly worried about the shaking and bumping...

Thanks, Ttcrainbow for the gender theory. So far, most votes are for boy. I can't wait 4 and half weeks to do the scan and find out. I also found some gender test kits on Amazon, but I'm not sure how accurate those are and think it's more waste of money. In terms of my preference - as longg as the baby is healthy, I don't really care.
And by the way, I'm glad all was OK with the emergency scan. That must have been horrifying. Do you drink coffee at all? I cut back, but I still a cup or two a day - maybe it also makes the baby jittery. Anyway, good luck with everything. :)

Thanks, Ttcrainbow for the gender theory. So far, most votes are for boy. I can't wait 4 and half weeks to do the scan and find out. I also found some gender test kits on Amazon, but I'm not sure how accurate those are and think it's more waste of money. In terms of my preference - as longg as the baby is healthy, I don't really care.
And by the way, I'm glad all was OK with the emergency scan. That must have been horrifying. Do you drink coffee at all? I cut back, but I still a cup or two a day - maybe it also makes the baby jittery. Anyway, good luck with everything. :)

Thank you :) By the way my bump is (really big for 17 weeks) everyone thinks its a boy too and yea i dont mind as long as i get a big cuddle :)
They still dont know what is wrong but i got a gush of fluid so was worried i was leaking amnio fluid but they think a cyst on my ovary burst but they cannot see that ovary as bubble is in the way. As long as the baby is ok i can live with the pain. I am on cocodamol and for a week i had to take it constantly but it has gone way down now to just a little while every day and i can cope with that pain without pills. I dont drink tea or coffee but i do have a diet coke with lunch and dinner, am going to have to find the caffeine free one i think.
Thank you. We can compare 20week scan photos :)

Its only one temp. it could be nothing. no reason to get excited.
I hate the 2ww!

Tomorrow is end of week one of the 2ww. no symptoms except what has been normal with clomid.
The thread has been quite this weekend. hope everyone is well. good luck to those getting donations and anyone else who might be in 2ww.
Cheryl- can't wait to see some picks this week. so excited for you think of you often.
Leah- fingers crossed!

We may be seeing signs of success. DW got sick after supper and is a cartoonish over emotional version of her self. She is not emotional at all and got choked up twice today. She thinks it is cruel that I am celebrating her misery. I say, someone has to stay positive and it probably won't be the one loosing her dinner. LOL! Just a few more days.

Firechild30- FX for you too!!!

Hey girls, how do I get my FF charts to show up in my signature??? I've got no idea how... And does it matter if I do all my charting from my iPhone? I can still log in on a normal PC...

Access the full site and find the tab that says share. copy a code (not html) and paste it under signature. hope this helps. and I do everything from my phone(that's why I always have loads of typos lol).

Alternatively, do this cos it sounds a hell of a lot easier :rofl: :thumbup:

Geez... I THINK I finally managed to get my chart on here??? So I pasted a link into BnB.. But does that mean it updates to a new chart each new month?? Or do I have to go in and do it each month???

Thanks for ur help girls...

Oh it's not there!!! Hmmmm..

Scrub that... It is now... NO IDEA wot I'm doing here.. Hehe.. ; )

Tomorrow is end of week one of the 2ww. no symptoms except what has been normal with clomid.
The thread has been quite this weekend. hope everyone is well. good luck to those getting donations and anyone else who might be in 2ww.
Cheryl- can't wait to see some picks this week. so excited for you think of you often.
Leah- fingers crossed!

Thanks Leah for the info ; ) I hope ur other halfs loss of dinner is a great sign! Got everything crossed for u both!!

Firechild, it has been quiet here. it's excruciating isn't it this TWW! I hope ur's moves along swiftly... I'm going in holiday a month today to Florida & I really want to loose maybe 2-3 kilos.. Which I could do easily if I wasn't in the TWW! I'm too nervous to go flat out exercising but then when AF turns up I'll be sooooo frustrated that I wasted 2 wks!! Urggghhh am VERY VERY irritable today. I almost blew a gasket with my OH earlier.. I got so flushed in the face & felt like I was gonna explode. And I've also just had a fight with both my parents... Phew.. Need to take some big deep breaths....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->