Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Really feeling out already. Donor going for SA beginning of next month and we may try IUI next cycle. I can only do three more rounds of clomid. this feels like the beginning to yet another very long week.

CONGRATS TICKING!

LEAH, sorry your wife got sick, but definitely sounds like a good sign... Tell her I said, "let LEAH laugh now... if she is anything like my DW, she will get ALLLLLL the symptoms later" :haha: :dust:

GL FIRECHILD :dust:

SWAYING is a hard things to do for gender, but insem days being day before, day of, and day after OV are the most successful but other days an get through too depending on your surge and your fertile CM, definitely worth the CBFM or OPKS... GL :dust:

Hi ladies can I join your thread pls??

I'm on my 6th cycle of home AI with a sperm donor. I have one DS and have had 3 MC's with my ex husband. I never took more than 3 cycles to fell pregnant with my ex hubby but this week will be my 6th cycle with a donor and feel its never going to happen.
Does anybody have any good tips?? We are using the pot and syringe method.

Congrats on the BFP's and good luck to all the perspective BFP's :) xx

Hi ladies can I join your thread pls??

I'm on my 6th cycle of home AI with a sperm donor. I have one DS and have had 3 MC's with my ex husband. I never took more than 3 cycles to fell pregnant with my ex hubby but this week will be my 6th cycle with a donor and feel its never going to happen.
Does anybody have any good tips?? We are using the pot and syringe method.

Congrats on the BFP's and good luck to all the perspective BFP's :) xx

Welcome! I wish I had some great tip for you, but sadly I am still not sure I'm getting right. Are you using opks or temping? Good luck.

Welcome! I wish I had some great tip for you, but sadly I am still not sure I'm getting right. Are you using opks or temping? Good luck.

Thank you, what cycle are you on? I'm using OPK's and they have always been reliable. I even get O pains so know exactly when it happens.
I have just ordered some soft cups after reading good things about them but sadly they wont be here for this cycle.
What days do you insem on? We have been doing the day of smiley face and the 2 days after.
This cycle we are going to try, today ( day before smiley face) Tomorrow ( hopefully smiley face day) and Friday ( 2 days after smiley face)

xx

Welcome MWAAH.... GL to you in your journey. I am willing to give any information I may have as we have been success a few times, have 1 DD, and are carrying a precious little bean now. Please feel free to read more of the information I give posted in my journal... :dust:

How's everyone doing today?

Welcome MWAAH.... GL to you in your journey. I am willing to give any information I may have as we have been success a few times, have 1 DD, and are carrying a precious little bean now. Please feel free to read more of the information I give posted in my journal... :dust:

How's everyone doing today?

I'm having trouble sleeping the last three days - I wake up twice a night, starving and I cannot go back to sleep until i eat something. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. Anyway, having the same crazy symptoms?

ELI... YES! Having the same symptoms. I cannot really sleep more than 5-6 hours every night, and I'm super tired during the day but my body won't allow me to sleep past that. I snack really quick and then try to fall asleep... Doesn't work. Then I only have an appetite in the morning and nothing throughout the whole day... soooo unlike me. Happy 13 weeks tomorrow!!! I can't wait to see that day myself!

We had our 2nd scan today and all seems well in there for the LO. Despite my lack of eating habits and nausea and weight loss.

ELI... YES! Having the same symptoms. I cannot really sleep more than 5-6 hours every night, and I'm super tired during the day but my body won't allow me to sleep past that. I snack really quick and then try to fall asleep... Doesn't work. Then I only have an appetite in the morning and nothing throughout the whole day... soooo unlike me. Happy 13 weeks tomorrow!!! I can't wait to see that day myself!

We had our 2nd scan today and all seems well in there for the LO. Despite my lack of eating habits and nausea and weight loss.

Thanks. Yes, same here - super tired all day, eating during the night, but my appetite is pretty constant - I can't believe you are losing weight though :wacko: I'm afraid I'm putting too much on. I also have those weird occasional cramps and pulls in there as things are getting stretched out. Honestly, every day is so different in terms of symptoms and things happening with my body that when I wake up I wonder - is it going to be all day headache or super emotional day or what - my pregnancy keeps me guessing.

Happy 2nd scan - what a peace of mind to see the little one moving in there and to hear the heart beat :hugs: I wish I had a scan every week.

By the way, what do you think about getting a doppler at home? they are only $50 and I'm thinking about making the investment :-k

Thank you, what cycle are you on? I'm using OPK's and they have always been reliable. I even get O pains so know exactly when it happens.
I have just ordered some soft cups after reading good things about them but sadly they wont be here for this cycle.
What days do you insem on? We have been doing the day of smiley face and the 2 days after.
This cycle we are going to try, today ( day before smiley face) Tomorrow ( hopefully smiley face day) and Friday ( 2 days after smiley face)

xx
Next cycle will be cycle 4. I am on clomid and can only take it for 6 cycles, we have been trying to time inseminations for day before smiley, day of, then everyday until and including day of temp shift. the last two months have been a little confusing because it would appear I get my first smiley the same day I ovulate. Our donor is really wonderful and will provide up to 5 donations a cycle if needed.

I have entered the second week of 2ww. nothing out of the ordinary going on. tender bb (normal), and some pinching and cramping going on. did cd22 bloodwork yesterday, should have results by Fri. hopefully the clomid dosage is fine and I had a good ovulation. I'm trying very hard not to get discouraged. Its going to be difficult to arrange inseminations over the holidays with crazy schedules and lots of extra things to do.

Hi Firechild.

What dose of clomid are you on if you dont mind me asking? My friend had hers upped after the second cycle as 50mg didn't result in good enough ovulation.

On her 5th cycle she was on 150 I believe, even then it took two cycles.

Baby Dust to you x

Hi Firechild.

What dose of clomid are you on if you dont mind me asking? My friend had hers upped after the second cycle as 50mg didn't result in good enough ovulation.

On her 5th cycle she was on 150 I believe, even then it took two cycles.

Baby Dust to you x

I took 50mg first cycle - progesterone went from 10.5(natural) to 13. 2nd cycle doc increased to 100mg (they like to see 15-16 when medicated). lab ran wrong test on bloodwork so this cycle I repeated 100mg and just had bloodwork yesterday. Honestly, I hate the clomid. lol just hoping all the nasty side effects will be worth it:)

Hi all, ive not posted on this for a few months :( we had some issues with our previous sperm donor �� we just started back this month with a new donor, did only 1 insemination 11 days ago and about 1 hour ago i got a bfp!!! On a clearblue digi test which puts me at 1-2 weeks pregnant, im just posting to tell anyone ttc using sperm donation not to give up hope, it can and does work, we were at the point of stopping if it did not work this month but we've been blessed with our bfp as im sure many others will be

Good luck to you all
Xxxx

ELI, I wish I could get a scan weekly too.... due to my history, we have them like every 2 weeks now, if all is well on the 6th, that will be my last scan until JANUARY!!!! That is scary but that also means all is going well. As for the at home doppler, we have been eyeing one since our 1st MC last year and WILL be getting one next month. Just for piece of mind and for DD because she has will love to be able to hear and be a part. She doesn't even know right now as we are focusing on getting to that 2nd Trimester as well as her 10th Bday this weekend! We are watching one or two ono eBay right now and have been for over a year!

MRSMM41- Congrats on your pregnancy and sorry for your losses. I read your journal, ty. My softcups arrived an hour before my donor did so had a quick practice, not sure its in right but its not uncomfortable and there isnt any leakage :) FX

Firechild - goodluck now you are in the TWW. Thats fab you get so many donations. My smiley face came a day earlier than planned (yesterday) so had a donation yesterday with a syringe, today and tomorrow i am trying the soft cups.... I'm feeling a little hopeful. Anything is worth a try right?

Ladyfrankee- Congratulations, you have given me hope. H & H 9 months xxx

MWAAH Thanks, and feel free to read any time Hun, I love all my journal stalkers! :haha: sooo happy they arrived for the donor. And by your description, it sounds like it is in juuuust fine. the part that is the messiest for me is when it's time to take it out, and really not then because I do it over the toilet or in the shower... Besides, after it stays up there where it should be in place I'm happy to know they swimmers are going strong!

I will do, its amazing how time flies, one minute you are reading about someones BFP then next thing you know the little bean has arrived and is a bundle of cuteness.
I put it in at 5pm, how long should I keep it in for?? xxx

You can leave it for 12 hours at most... The shortest time I've left it is 6 so I would say you should leave it in till 11pm.... GL!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->