Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I am not optimistic about this cycle at all. I've been bleeding now for 4 days but my temps are still REALLY high (usually this time of the month they are close to 97.2, currently they are 98.05. I'm wondering if it is the soy from last month still messing with me. I'm doing soy again this month (just started last night) which is maybe a stupid idea, but since this is my last month to try before taking a break I figured I'd give it one more chance.

If this is not my month though, I won't be surprised. At least I'll have a break coming up to let my hormones get back to normal.

Anyone else had weirdly high temps before during early cycle days?

Hey Ladies..Its my first month ttc and I'm at the ttw..I am going insane! I (of course) pick out symptoms left and right but refuse to mention it to my OH because she'll get so excited..I want to be positive but after reading these boards I know the odds are not in my favor for the first time.I used OPKS, Softcups, and Preseed. I'm soo happy to be joining you guys.

Hi mommacait, in my case it was just the opposite - I got pregnant on my first try with a syringe, big O and legs up for 30 mins - that's all, and I'm also 35 years old, first pregnancy (I'm 16 weeks and 3 days right now), so you never know. It CAN happen even the first try - it only takes one sperm & the right time. Good luck to you and sending buckets of :dust: your way and to the rest of you ladies here - hope this month is the ONE that brings you :bfp: and a :baby:

Thanks Eli!! I do hope So..Of course everyone on here hopes whatever cycle it is it's "the one". I used preseed..a syringe..softcup and I made myself O 2/3 times after I put it in so here is to hoping! Congrats on your LO.

I'm excited for the holiday too..I drive my wife crazy talking about all of them..Thanksgiving is ready and I'm nearly done Christmas shopping.. I LOVE this time of year..I love The smell of fireplaces burning in the cold air and everything.

Hi everyone, hope all is going well with everyone. :thumbup:
@Nimyra I don't actually temp and chart so I don't know anything about high temps in that regard. But I was having the same issue with high temps(as in running a low grade fever) during my 2ww. Yesterday at 5 dpo I felt fine all day, just some twinges/cramps here and there in my ovaries but nothing too crazy. I was sitting on the couch last night at about 10 pm and instantly got really hot and my face got really flushed, almost like a hot flash. I'm 27 yrs. old and never had a hot flash before so I just assumed I was getting sick and running a fever. I checked my temp. with a regular ole thermometer and sure enough I was running a low grade fever of 99.1. I didn't feel sick like I had the flu or a cold or anything, so my SO suggested that I maybe call nurse direct or something to see if running a fever could interfere with our ttc process. Lol...we were a little worried. I called an RN and told her I have no cold/flu symptoms just a low grade fever and that I actually feel great, just warm. No body aches or anything. I also let her know that we were in the process of ttc and had about a week before we could test so we were concerned I might be getting sick, and asked if running a fever can prevent the baby from attaching if we were gonna fall pregnant this cycle. She said I had nothing to worry about unless it climbed well over 100 and stayed that way for two weeks or more. She then suggested that I just take 2 tylenol and see if it brought it down (it did about 2 hrs. later my fever broke) and she also went on to say that with the cramping/twinges I'm experiencing, the sore lower back and the low grade fever...that it might actually be my body reacting to hormones and that it's actually very common for women to get a higher than normal temp./low grade fever for a few days after fertilization and right around implantation. I don't know if this helps at all? I'm just keeping my FX that maybe this is what we're experiencing....:happydance:

Thanks Babylove. I'm thinking I have excess progesterone in my system from the soy last month. I may be out of luck this month, but going to give it a shot anyway. I have a TTC break coming up after this month which ought to give my hormones a chance to get back to normal.

Hi ladies,

Im back....andsome of you might remember my issues with my partner (now ex) who didnt want children. I have now found a donor and had my 1st insemination last week. Its gonna be a long 2 weeks wait but I am keeping my fingers crossed....

Gud luck to everyone.....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Nimyra! I hope this is your month, a break sounds nice and I've just started the TTC process lol. It really is something so sensitive and you wanna have your hopes up...but not too up. At least that's how I've been feeling in my 2 ww. It's hard not to symptom spot and think maybe this is it. I just couldn't imagine doing this for so long. I really hope and pray for everyone ttc to have BFP's this month. What an awesome early Christmas present that would be!! Hi letdoit! I'm new to this board and just completed my first insem. last week as well. I'm at 6 DPO and in the dreaded 2 ww too. Good luck to you and lotsa baby dust to all!!

Something weird happened today..I took a test BFN and went back to sleep..Later when I picked it up to trash it I saw a pink little microscopic line on it..now I know about Evaps but can they be pink? I don't want to get excited...It was a FRER. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hey ladies

How many times did you use your donor during your fertile time?

I have long cycles and according to FF my fertile time with be within a 9 day window.

I don't know if i could ask my donor to do 9 samples for me!

Can you let me know your stories/thoughts please :)

x

Mommacait - its probably an evap, but hoping for the best for you. Take another test tomorrow and let us know what happens!

Layla - I usually ask for 3 donations a cycle and aim for 3 days before ovulation, 1 day before ovulation, and day of ovulation.

This cycle I may ask for 4 and add an extra late insemination. Many women just get 1 or 2 donations and aim for day of positive OPK and 1-2 days after positive OPK.

Something weird happened today..I took a test BFN and went back to sleep..Later when I picked it up to trash it I saw a pink little microscopic line on it..now I know about Evaps but can they be pink? I don't want to get excited...It was a FRER. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes Evaps can be pink x

Of course BFN =( It was an Evap..I read all over "They can't be pink" ohhh but they can be.... I'm done being excited already..I don't understand how some of you do this for years! I'm only in one month and nearly like EFF it...I want the prize at the end though.

Hey ladies

How many times did you use your donor during your fertile time?

I have long cycles and according to FF my fertile time with be within a 9 day window.

I don't know if i could ask my donor to do 9 samples for me!

Can you let me know your stories/thoughts please :)

x

Our donor is happy to provide up to 5 donations a cycle. usually we shoot for three. schedules and such have an effect on how many we get a month. do you use opk?

So, I've come down with the flu. which I'm sure is going to put us out this month. Its a bummer because we are taking the next two cycles off, and will probably try iui in Feb.
my temps have been all over the place this cycle. I'm not sure what to think. I can't even tell if I've emulated yet, I have never had such a screwy chart. maybe its from being sick. Last month was such a pretty chart and then this!

My partner and I are trying for the fourth time as soon as possible using at home insem however funding is getting tight and unfortunately our known donor (family friend) is no long an option. So I was wondering if anyone on here has used or knows somebody who has used the sperm donors worldwide website to find free donors? If so, what was your experience like?

Hi Lissa. I used it to find 2 donors in the uk and I found it quite easy. The only thing I didn't like was it didn't bring up a list with last log in as that would save time as some of them don't use it for years.

Ticking. How is your pregnancy coming along? Can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone. Bet you can't wait?

C.30 how is yours also?

Leah, how is your oh doing at the moment? Is she feeling well? Maybe you will get an early Xmas present :)

firechild

Yes im going to be using OPK this time, not used them before tho so im a bit dubious about it

Don't give up Firechild. The flu doesn't necessarily mean you won't ovulate. If you get a positive OPK then go ahead with your inseminations.

Even though I'm not super hopeful about this month I'm definitely going to go ahead with everything.

H i ladies

I have been trying to conceive through donor insemination for nine months now. I use opk and keep track of my cervical mucas and still no sucess :(.
We only inseminate once though as it hard with everybody work schedules but it is in the fertile period normally the day of a positive opk or the day after. my cycles range from 29- 34 days but always come monthly. I have been tested for PCOS in a Transvaginal ultrasound and that came back negative and hormones are ok too. I have also used Preseed and menstral cups still no sucess. the sperm is fresh and has been tested. Considering Ivf or an IUI next step which seems ridiculous as i should of conceived by now .

i have a tilted Uterus could that be a reason for not conceiving ?

OMG, What is going on????????

I just took my first OPK of the cycle and its positive. I'm freaking out because my temps are still high, I've been incredibly tired lately, and I'm wondering if I could actually be pregnant.

I need to wait a few hours to pee again and I'm freaking out.

I've been taking soy the last 4 days and I'm terrified I'll have hurt the baby if I am in fact pregnant.

Please someone reassure me. What do you think is going on???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->