Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I totally agree with Mummylou. Layla, you deserve a doner who is openly comitted to this process. The fact he is hiding it from his wife and you can oly get it from him at work already limits you so much. If it was a simple case of not being available or simply having other plans one month that would be one thing. All of the restrictions mean that you can only have access to him on such a limited basis. I also think your husband may not have a bad idea with having both of the other potential donors "on call" because sometimes life happens even with the most well intentioned donors.
I think you have a fabulous attitude and I sincerely hope that the new year brings you the much anticipated BFP you want.

I didn't realize Layla's donor was hiding his donating from his wife. I don't think I could deal with that. I really like for everything to be out in the open. Makes things less awkward for future children.

:hugs: Hope things work out next month for you!

yes i think its best been honest and i think some times its best if they arent in relationship because they are more flexible x

He hasn't said he was hiding it, just that he doesn't want it interfering with his family life, didn't think much of it at first but now it's been pointed out it makes sense that he is hiding it.

X

Hi everyone. Feeling pretty crazy here. Still getting BFNs but no spotting or cramping yet. I'm REALLY emotional... like on the verge of tears constantly for no reason. I don't know if I'm pmsing. I am only holding out a sliver of hope, but I'm praying praying praying I'll turn out to be pregnant.

r u 12dpo how long is ur LP? and some times it can take a while for a bfp so dont be downhearted hun easier to say i know. no spotting or cramping is a good thing xx

He hasn't said he was hiding it, just that he doesn't want it interfering with his family life, didn't think much of it at first but now it's been pointed out it makes sense that he is hiding it.

X

family life normally means married and kids hun xxx you deserve better it isnt ideal for you when u need on a weekend and he cant do. a donor needs to be commited and honest and open about what hes doing as it only causes upset etc along the line if the wife etc finds out :flower:

I'm out. Spotting started this morning along with a temp drop. I'm really sad. And frustrated because I can't try next month due to travel plans (due to ovulate right around Christmas...)

I know a break could be good for me, but its so hard. Its so hard to trust that there will be a right time to get pregnant and that I just need to be patient for that right time.

Not sure if anyone will have an answer but I'm a bit worried about my temps.

FF has said I have ovulated but my temps are still low, going by the last 2 temps on last months chart they were high, this month it doesn't seem to be doing that

Any ideas?

X

So sorry Nimyra. The month will fly by and you'll be back in the ttc saddle before you know it. Chin up.

Layla, I hope I wasn't too blunt earlier. With everything going on I have been a bit less filtered than I normally am. I hope you do realize that it was with the kindest intention. I just want you to have a donor that is both committed and accessible so that you can make your dreams come true.

We are hanging in there as well as can be expected the events of the week have put a serious damper on the holiday spirit in the house. We have a blood draw to get done today to monitor the HCG in DW system. The injections have made her quite ill. I am ready to be done with this part but I guess there is no way to avoid it. It is onward and upward. This too shall pass.

So... I've been depressed all day. I called my friend who is getting married (who was 1/2 of the reason for taking the time off TTC) and cried to her and she said that I shouldn't let her plans stop me from doing what I need to do. I cried more and felt so much better...

So then there is problem #2 - I'm due to ovulate on Christmas, meaning I'll be out of town with no donor and I can't get sperm shipped due to fedex being close. However, my old donor (who helped me conceive my daughter) will be in on the East Coast for Christmas and is open to me traveling to where he'll be. So even though this is CRAZY, I'm thinking about buying a ticket from where I'll be for Christmas to go down to where he'll be (4 hour flight away) staying a few hours or meeting at the airport, then turning around and going back to my mom's.

Insane, but I think it might be worth the $700 ticket and time away from family.

What do you all think?

The reality is, that I know me, and I don't cope well with doing nothing. The only thing that helps me not be depressed is having a plan and taking action!

thoughts???

leah i hate to ask but what happens now with regards it i didnt know if ur dw would need a op sorry i am so sorry to ask i just dont know much bout ecoptics im so sorry if upsets u :(

layla how are you feeling hun? hope your ok xx I am looking at weekend for ov omg am i nervous told donor to make sure available as started to get wet feeling now sorry if tmi xx is this normal a week before ov?

Mummylou - yes that's normal for me. I start getting mucus about a week before ovulation.

Layla, your temps *do* seem very low. I don't think you have ovulated yet.

As for me, heard back from old donor and don't think the flight idea is going to work out. Have decided on a new plan, which is to delay my holiday travel plans for a couple of days and get donations before I leave from our current donor.

I feel good about this plan.

Leah, you wasn't to blunt hun, I guess deep down I knew the situation I just didn't want to believe it :hugs:

Nimyra, your new plan sounds much better, good luck babe :)

Mummylou, I'm ok thanks, just getting very confused by my temps.

I have come to the conclusion that I haven't ovulated yet, looking back over the years AF all but 3 cycles saw ovulation on CD21. the other 3 of them were 40 day cycles which means ovulation is today if that's what I'm on. so I put that temp in that I disregarded at the end of Nov and FF has taken away the cross lines.

I cant check my cervix, I can never seem to reach it, so over the past week I have asked my hubby to :blush:

4 days ago it was low, hard and closed. Last night it was VERY high, soft and open, I also have lots of watery CM.

So maybe I am due to ovulate today? Question is, what do I do about it, its very short notice to ask any of the donors I have lined up for next month :dohh:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->