Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Fantastic!!!!

Congrats hunni! hope all goes well for you :)

x

Wow ticking, that's really exciting. GL for monday!! Keep us posted :thumbup:

Nimyra, big congratulations, a h & h 9 months to you!

MrsMM, I said it in your journal but I'll say it here too, welcome to team pink :winkwink::thumbup:

:hi: to everyone else

Congrats Nimyra thata fab news, H&H 9 months xxx

congratulations Nimyra#! I'm sending buckets of super sticky baby dust your way!!!!

Nimyra, i have prob asked you before but i forgot. what method did you use hun?

x

Wow! I havn't been here since October, and sooo many newbies and BFPs!! Nim, congratssss!!!!

I am SOOOO broody atm! I don't know when to try for a second though, it took 2.5 years and 6 MC to get Noah, so do I start trying in October maybe, when he's 21 months, or wait until he's about 3?

I cannot believe I'll have a 1 year old in 3 weeks :s

Haven't been here in a while either. I'm still about 8 months away from a tubal reversal, but my daughter's donor has agreed to donate again, so she will have a full sibling! :happydance:

Luna! Hi sweetie, was just thinking of you today. So glad I've been able to share this journey with you.

I think you should try in October (or sooner) because who knows how long these things can take. Would you use the same donor do you think?

I'm a bit in shock/emotional now. Like, wow, this is real now, am I really capable of raising two little people?!

Layla, I used softcups (donation produced directly into the cup, inserted the cup). I don't think I used any conceive plus this month, but I don't remember. I was drinking loads of grapefruit juice as usual and was doing soy (160mg cd 3-7). It was my 3rd cycle on soy.

Hi everyone, new to this thread, hope I'm popping up in the right place. First, congrats to all you lucky ladies who currently have babies cooking - yay!

Secondly, I'm about to start TTC via AI at home with my wife and our known donor.Our donor has been for all the sexual health testing, but I've also been searching for a clinic in the UK that will perform a sperm analysis - so far all the ones I've tried either don't do it or don't do it unless you're going to have IUI/IVF there, which at this stage we're not. One even said they wouldn't knowingly help us create a donor conceived child as there is no legal protection for the donor and those situations can get very messy! I did point out to them (politely) that the law now protects donors where babies are conceived to a couple in a CP (which we are) but they did not respond.

Most clinics ask for a GP referral, which our donor's GP said he would only give if he'd been unsuccessful in trying for 12 months, despite our willingness to pay. I find it crazy that no-one will take our money and do these tests! Has anyone found a clinic in the UK that will do this? (I'm sure there's one in London but we're in the Midlands so that wouldn't be practical for him really) We've decided to give it a go anyway as there's no health risk, and maybe we'll get lucky in the first six months and won't need the analysis at all, but I'd really rather have it.

Lastly, I have asked my GP whether I can be screened for being a CF carrier and tested for CMV (again asking for a referral, happy to pay for it) and he said he had never been asked that and didn't know if he could! Waiting for him to let me know...

Really interested to know what others in the UK have experienced.

Thanks, and lots of baby dust and luck to you all xxxx

Hi everyone, new to this thread, hope I'm popping up in the right place. First, congrats to all you lucky ladies who currently have babies cooking - yay!

Secondly, I'm about to start TTC via AI at home with my wife and our known donor.Our donor has been for all the sexual health testing, but I've also been searching for a clinic in the UK that will perform a sperm analysis - so far all the ones I've tried either don't do it or don't do it unless you're going to have IUI/IVF there, which at this stage we're not. One even said they wouldn't knowingly help us create a donor conceived child as there is no legal protection for the donor and those situations can get very messy! I did point out to them (politely) that the law now protects donors where babies are conceived to a couple in a CP (which we are) but they did not respond.

Most clinics ask for a GP referral, which our donor's GP said he would only give if he'd been unsuccessful in trying for 12 months, despite our willingness to pay. I find it crazy that no-one will take our money and do these tests! Has anyone found a clinic in the UK that will do this? (I'm sure there's one in London but we're in the Midlands so that wouldn't be practical for him really) We've decided to give it a go anyway as there's no health risk, and maybe we'll get lucky in the first six months and won't need the analysis at all, but I'd really rather have it.

Lastly, I have asked my GP whether I can be screened for being a CF carrier and tested for CMV (again asking for a referral, happy to pay for it) and he said he had never been asked that and didn't know if he could! Waiting for him to let me know...

Really interested to know what others in the UK have experienced.

Thanks, and lots of baby dust and luck to you all xxxx

Hiya and welcome,

I used a donor and did AI, FX we got a sticky BFP this cycle ( 8th). But after the 5th cycle I went to my GP who referred me to a fertility clinic at Southampton. They were quite happy to do all the tests for me and him with the view to having IUI with them. The only thing is you have to wait 6 months when using a known donor as they quarantine the sperm for that long. Luckily we fell pregnant before the results came back :) Still keeping my January appointment so far just incase something goes terribly wrong.
Also they were quite willing to let me self refer but said if the GP did I would get my 1st consultation free.
Hopefully you'll find a clinic that will let you self refer, I'm sure if you are paying you will find one. I never had a problem.
Good luck xxx

CONGRATS NIM!!!!! Wishing you a H&H 9 months!!!!!

just had a quick pop in to stalk you ladies.

congrats nimyra lots of sticky dust.

congrats on the rest of the bpf.

cant believe my little AI baby just turned 3, and the second is 17 months. where does the time go.
id say go for it liz, noah is so gorgeous he has the most amazing smile.

i had planned on ttc no3 around now but thats on hold now as i have finally met the guy i want to be with for the rest of my life so guess it will be a few years before we add to our brood.

Hi there

I am new to this board. I have children from a previous marriage and recently found out from my current husband he produces no sperm so we are using his brother as our donor. I am 34 and my husband is 41.. donor is 31.He lives out of state. We are in AZ he is in TX. I was looking up online how to do this since this is my first time attempting this. I read that most use FED EX overnight on dry ice. I am guessing only one sample can be sent at a time since we will use one a day? Or can we keep them frozen here and use one cup a day? I am so confused. It would be so much easier if he lived nearby and we could have him on standby :)

We plan to start this this month Jan 18th ish.... Any help would be great!

Thanks

April

Hey April, you must use the shipped sample as soon as you get it. It won't be frozen just chilled. You can buy biotranz kits and find more detailed instructions online. Most women who use shipped fresh sperm do only one donation a month. Most time ovulation to a t using multiple methods. Typically sperm is shipped day of positive opk for use the next day. Could possibly do the two days post pos. opk but it gets pricey. Other option is to travel to donor or vice versa for a couple of days. Hope that helps!

Im meeting Noahs donor tomro, for his monthly visit, and I'm gona bring up TTC number 2!! I might start in June or july, will have a feb/march baby then, cus if I wait til october, I won't have the baby until summer, and want it to be a few months old so we can go on holiday etc! Omg that's 6 months away :s My family will go mad when they find out lol

hi girls well cycle day 8 for me and first donation this morning xx taking temps again this month I got cold but still doing it. hes offered to do it nearly everyday for a week to make sure we get it covered as that's what did when conceieved my dd

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well!

Lou, good luck on your donations. I hope this cycle brings you your BFP and is the start of a super sticky bean.

Nimyra, How are you feeling? I don't remember if I properly congratulated you, so just in case....I hope you have the happiest and healthiest 9 months and beyond.

Luna, I bet it is super exciting to be planning number 2. I hope your donor is on board and all works out according to your well thought out plan.

MrsMM24, I am trying to be the voice of reason right now. We have had to make compromises in the name of pelvic rest but I assure you that the wink was responded to appropriately :haha:

DW and I are plugging right along. Hopefully AF will show up in the next week or so and that gets us 1 cycle closer to being able to try again. I have to say, I really didn't recognize how much of my time and thought was devoted to TTC. Having this break has allowed me to realize that I was seriously neglecting other things like my own fitness and well being in the interest of trying. I have had an opportunity to get myself back on track and realize that all of the things I was doing in the name of saving for the baby (cutting out supplements for myself stopping nutrisystem, and making myself a priority) were really hurting both of our best interests. I was feeling poorly, missing hours at work and that doesn't help anyone. The loss and recovery process have helped me to realize that in order to be the best Mommy I can be I have to take care of myself first. So I am taking all supplements recommended by my neurologist and started nutrisystem again. I even made changes to our insurance policies and tried to protect us in the event I require another surgery (which is pretty much and issue of WHEN not IF). I have also been able to schedule dental work for DW that we have been putting off because she has anxiety and must take meds before the dentist that don't mesh with TTC. All in all we are both trying to make the loss as positive and we possibly can to be as ready for our forever baby and be the best Mommies we can be. :thumbup:

hi girls well cycle day 8 for me and first donation this morning xx taking temps again this month I got cold but still doing it. hes offered to do it nearly everyday for a week to make sure we get it covered as that's what did when conceieved my dd

Do you use the instead cup or a syringe when you inseminate?

im on cd7. Have been trying to concieve for 3 months. My girlfriend and i have been using fresh sperm from a donor who was been very generous and kind. I dont think it worked last month because I was sick so my temperature dipped and i thought it was for my ovulation so we inseminated too soon. I think we had tracked my period enough and have pinpointed when im supposed to ovulate. I will be tempting and using opks starting either tomorrow or wednesday. Just ordered the wondfo opks so they are scheduled to arrive wednesday.
Does anyone have experience with the wondfo's and their accuracy?
I read that a couple got prego their first time trying using fresh sperm and they inseminated the night before ovulation, the night of and the night after! Is that best?
Im supposed to ovulate on the 13th (sunday) so we are planning to inseminate friday night, saturday night, and sunday night but im wondering if we should do monday night instead of friday night.....???? What would you suggest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->