Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Pooh no I don't mean try at the same time lol. I mean one month me... If bfn she does the next month... If bfn I do the next month etc etc

Ahhhh, okay. I get it now. Still, would be cool. "We have twins born one month apart", lol.

Hi! I'm new to this. My wife and I are getting ready to do our first at-home insemination! We have a good friend who will be donating twice a month. He is married and has 2 kids, so we know his stuff works! My cycles are little irregular, so I'm a little scared how we will do with timing. I've been tracking cycles for about 4 months through temps, CM, and OPK. I've tried doing cervical position, but I can't reach it. I have been looking at my OS with a speculum though. We are planning to use a syringe and and reach the big O. I've been taking prenatals, making healthier food choices (cut out soda, eat more fruits/veggies), and doing acupuncture.
Last month was the first month I had a weird cycle since I'd been temping. My O is usually around CD16-CD20, but last month I went a while with no + OPK. My cervix was open and I had FM for several days. I finally gave up, assuming I was too stressed. I'm pretty sure I O'd a week after my first acupuncture treatment because I had tons of EWM and then nothing after that. It was CD41 and like normal, I got AF DPO 13. This is a lot of info for my first post, I'm just getting a little nervous with our first actual attempt coming up! My goal is to stay positive and avoid stress as much as possible! I'm assuming it won't happen right away and I'm ok with that, so hopefully I won't get too crazy :) It's good to read info from people going through similar situations since we aren't really telling a lot of people. Thanks!

Good luck, Jury.

My advice for dealing with unpredictable cycles is use the ClearBlue Digital 20 stick opk pack and just wait patiently for your smiley before inseminating.

It may reduce your stress level if your friend can agree to another donation if needed, but sometimes doing more is actually more stressful.

I hope you catch your egg soon!

Laura, that isn't a bad idea although if it was me I wouldn't alternate each month. I'd do 2 months then have a break and continue like that as you'd only be using one side ie: left or right ovary. At least this way your giving both ovaries a chance. Xx

Can anyone tell me why I had that big dip when im not due to ovulate for 2 days? My opk yesterday was light. Tuesdays was darker than yesterdays line tho. Im hoping im not ovulating this early

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1357838476249.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1357838476249.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3
Sometimes your body temp is just different for various reasons. I wouldn't read too much into that dip unless you had a positive OPK.

JURY welcome!:wave:

MRS_BROWN, GL! I did the EPO, and as long as you aren't doing them after OV, they worked VERY well for me. I tried the Grapefruit juice and in fact I did both a couple of cycles... I watered my grapefruit juice down, but was still taking in the correct amount of grapefruit juice plus water is a very good thing to be taking in heavily. I have so much more detail in my journal, feel free to read Hun, and GL! does sound like you could be on the way to OV:dust:

BRANDI, yes, I have taken prenatal vitamins for the last 5 years, daily. I am a fitness professional by trade and have been very concerned with helath so I thing this is the best for me and my body. I am in my 30's so it works well to give me the right amount of vitamins I need instead of deciding through all the multi-vitamins, and women's vits, etc. Clearly this covers both :haha:

LAURA :haha: you are soooo right, that would be maddness if you were preg at the same time. However, if you two could handle it cool, I know with our professions we definitely couldn't. I think though that your plan for every other month is a good one and also what FEZZIE mentioned.

:wave: Hi Ladies!!!

Good luck, Jury.

My advice for dealing with unpredictable cycles is use the ClearBlue Digital 20 stick opk pack and just wait patiently for your smiley before inseminating.

It may reduce your stress level if your friend can agree to another donation if needed, but sometimes doing more is actually more stressful.

I hope you catch your egg soon!

Thanks Nimyra! We are getting excited :winkwink: Right now I am using the Wondfo opk sticks. They are cheap, so I've stuck to those. Has anyone had a faster result with the ClearBlue? I usually get a positive the morning on the day that I ovulate. It makes it a little more stressful that I have a late surge bc we have less time to make sure we inseminate! Last month I started using FirstResponse at the same time I was using the Wondfo, but my ovulation was really delayed and they were too expensive to keep buying.

Jury, do you only test once a day (i.e. in the morning)? Because I usually would detect my surge first in the evening, then it would still be positive the following morning. Testing twice a day when you know you are close to surge time is a good practice.

Jury, do you only test once a day (i.e. in the morning)? Because I usually would detect my surge first in the evening, then it would still be positive the following morning. Testing twice a day when you know you are close to surge time is a good practice.

I test twice a day starting on CD13, one around 5am and one around 5pm (depending on when I get home from work). Mine has only been positive the morning of, never the evening before. I stop testing after I get a positive. My BBT confirms my O. That's why I had started testing with another brand, I was hoping for a more sensitive test to pick it up a little sooner....I would like to try and inseminate before I O and the day of. We may not be able to predict it that well though. We shall see!

try doing your evening test a few hours later. Mine would turn positive around 8pm.

Has anyone had a donor who used olive oil as their lubricant? I don't plan to use it on myself, only for the donor since he can't use saliva, lotion, etc. I've read that preseed actually has ingredients that are linked to cancer. Just curious. Thanks!

So I just got to work and I just tested and I got my + !!!!!!! Yayyyyyy we will be inseminating tonight around8, tomorrow night and hopefully sunday afternoon! I hope it works this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->