Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

JURY I have only ever used Preseed. I haven't used it on myself as we used donor specimen that was shipped. It was used in the cup however. GL finding a method that works well for you.:dust:

MRS_BROWN GL!! Sounds so very promising. :dust:

JURY I have only ever used Preseed. I haven't used it on myself as we used donor specimen that was shipped. It was used in the cup however. GL finding a method that works well for you.:dust:

MRS_BROWN GL!! Sounds so very promising. :dust:

I hope so. I don't know enjoy having that stuff in me so much!

Wow....I miss just a few days and look at all of the new faces!!!! Welcome to all of those I am yet to be aquainted with and I wish you the very best on this oftentimes all-consuming journey.
:dust:
Update from here: DW has her post op appointment on next Tuesday to make sure she is cleared surgically and then we are back to temping and all of the other fun minus the insemination and 2ww. We hav this cycle and on the first day of her next, it is GAME ON. lol! In other incredibly wonderful happy news, we have just gotten our first home. Lots of room for a growing family. This last cycle waiting is full of packing moving settling in and a housewarming party. Thant should keep things moving along. We close on Monday and Move in on the first. I haven't ever lived in a house that was MINE. I can't express in words how much this means. Plus as it is 4 bedrooms we have a ready to go nursery! Holy freaking cow right?!?!?! I feel overwhelemd by all of the curves of the last few months but I just can't wait to fill my new home with all of my tiny little humans. :)

Congrats on the new home Leah. Me & dw will also be moving next month! Our first actual place together since I moved into her apartment with her.

Donor just called and he is on the way! Me and dw will sneak in some play while hes in the bathroom doing his thing. Dont want the boys sitting out too long! Then ill have a big O after lol. Hope this works!!!!

Congrats on the new home Leah. Me & dw will also be moving next month! Our first actual place together since I moved into her apartment with her.

Donor just called and he is on the way! Me and dw will sneak in some play while hes in the bathroom doing his thing. Dont want the boys sitting out too long! Then ill have a big O after lol. Hope this works!!!!

Sounds great, MrsBrown! Good luck!

Leah, your house sounds awesome! I wanna come visit sometime, you and your DW sound like a riot!

All's well here, going to have a viability scan in 2 weeks! Praying there will be a healthy bean with a good heartbeat by then! My dd (2.5 yrs old) cried tonight because she wanted me to sleep with her. Bless her! I told her I'd sneak in with her later.

Hi everyone ! I have been away from this site since April 2012..hope everyone is well !

Well to update....me and FOB to be have been talking again and we want to keep trying even though he is not living close to me. He still wants to move back here, but because of his job he won't be able to until probably the beginning of 2014... so we want to start trying again. We have talked about him mailing the sperm....does anyone know much about that? The process ?

Hi ladies!

I am using the at home insemination method with my husband as he is a paraplegic and cannot ejaculate with intercourse alone. My question is, have any of you guys been on clomid while doing at home insemination? I have heard it can cause issues relating to CM so I am wondering what solutions can be made. We already use preseed. My husbands sperm was tested and it is all normal, the only issue is my irregular cycle.

Also, any tips regarding method? It seems lots of people who use soft cups have success, but I would prefer not to use them (kind of not comfortable with doing it...)
I just get him to ejaculate into a cup, and then I inject preseed into myself, as well as suck some into the needless syringe. (Bum propped on pillows entire time) I then inject the syringe, and slowly push the sperm in. I leave the syringe in for about ten minutes, and then remain propped up for another 20mins or so. I then roll on to my side, and go to sleep.

Does this method sound like it may one day be successful?

Thanks!

Hi ladies!

I am using the at home insemination method with my husband as he is a paraplegic and cannot ejaculate with intercourse alone. My question is, have any of you guys been on clomid while doing at home insemination? I have heard it can cause issues relating to CM so I am wondering what solutions can be made. We already use preseed. My husbands sperm was tested and it is all normal, the only issue is my irregular cycle.

Also, any tips regarding method? It seems lots of people who use soft cups have success, but I would prefer not to use them (kind of not comfortable with doing it...)
I just get him to ejaculate into a cup, and then I inject preseed into myself, as well as suck some into the needless syringe. (Bum propped on pillows entire time) I then inject the syringe, and slowly push the sperm in. I leave the syringe in for about ten minutes, and then remain propped up for another 20mins or so. I then roll on to my side, and go to sleep.

Does this method sound like it may one day be successful?

Thanks!

I have not been on clomid, but I have used softcups with no problems. I have heard several people getting PG with using the syringes. There is a thread on here about the success of at home insems. Here's the link !

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

:thumbup:

Mindgames, try having an orgasm. It helps the sperm when trying to conceive, and make sure you get the syringe as close to the cervix as possible. Leave the syringe in while you orgasm too. (Not saying this to be creepy, AT ALL, I promise)

Mindgames, the Syringe method works, just get it as deep as possible and don't remove it for at least 30 minutes.

I strongly believe that preseed is inferior to increasing your body's production of cm using grapefruit juice ( drink about a half carton a day on days you inseminate). Or using egg whites is another option. Egg whites and your body's cm both feed the sperm. Preseed doesn't.

Good luck!

Can anyone tell when I ovulated?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-13-08-34-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-13-08-34-27.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 8
Personally I didn't like grapefruit juice and I know others who have said the same. 2L of water a day was not only good for me and my body but also increased my ewcm. Pre-seed is the only lubricant that mimics and supplements our own bodily fluids which is why so many women use it and use it successfully, me being one of them.

I guess as always different things work for different people but I always had confidence in pre-seed when my ewcm was lacking, and like I said both months I got pregnant, I used it :thumbup:

Ticking, I hope your recent appt went well, thinking of you :)

Hi everyone.
I'm new here, ive been reading...and reading....and reading and then i turn off my lap top...and read stuff from my phone lol wow. So i decided to sign up, and join the forum.
My partner and I have been together for 6 years, and have talked about ttc for a couple years now. This being our first month. We are using my partners brother as a donor. So a little bit about me:
I have 1 daughter who is 12 years old, she is my only pregnancy. i was very young when i had her (only 13) i gained alot of weight threw out the years and my period became very irregular. i just had this strong feeling I couldnt get pregnant and never wanted to try being as heavy as I was so i have spent the last year and a half getting healthy and lost over 200lbs, and decided i was ready to start trying. My periods were still irregular i would bleed for weeks at a time, so my doctor suggested i get on birth control for 3 months to regulate it, and it did. so ive been off for 2 months, we started using opks this month, i will deff. start using the digital ones after this month because these lines have me wondering. i know a light second line means neg, but on the other hand i have had days where there is no second line what so ever, and then on cd14 there was a faint line, and nw cd15 (today) nothing, so whats that suppose to mean? we started inseminating on cd10, 12,13,14, and we are going to again today. is that too much? i dunno. we just want to give it the best chance we can. anyways here I am, its been really great to be able to read your stories and know that it is possible!

Welcome to the group, Mizcee! I don't know anything about OPK's, as I have never used them, but hopefully someone can answer your questions. Good luck and baby dust!

MizCee, it could be that you have a short surge and just missed it. Try testing twice a day next cycle. You could also try switching brands to see if a different brand works better for you. I've had the best results with ClearBlue (both digital and lines versions)

It could also be that your surges just aren't noticeable on tests (rare, but can happen) or that you aren't ovulating. Temping would be a good idea to confirm whether or not you are likely ovulating.

Good luck and welcome!

Wow....I miss just a few days and look at all of the new faces!!!! Welcome to all of those I am yet to be aquainted with and I wish you the very best on this oftentimes all-consuming journey.
:dust:
Update from here: DW has her post op appointment on next Tuesday to make sure she is cleared surgically and then we are back to temping and all of the other fun minus the insemination and 2ww. We hav this cycle and on the first day of her next, it is GAME ON. lol! In other incredibly wonderful happy news, we have just gotten our first home. Lots of room for a growing family. This last cycle waiting is full of packing moving settling in and a housewarming party. Thant should keep things moving along. We close on Monday and Move in on the first. I haven't ever lived in a house that was MINE. I can't express in words how much this means. Plus as it is 4 bedrooms we have a ready to go nursery! Holy freaking cow right?!?!?! I feel overwhelemd by all of the curves of the last few months but I just can't wait to fill my new home with all of my tiny little humans. :)

Congrats LeahMSta! We just bought our first home in March. It has been great to have space and know that it's all ours! It's definitely exciting to tell show people around and point out the "future nursery". :D It should be a good distraction as well! Good luck with everything!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes! We are excited to get started and share with everyone going through the same thing. Good luck to everyone, can't wait to hear positive news from all of you!

Hi everyone.
I'm new here, ive been reading...and reading....and reading and then i turn off my lap top...and read stuff from my phone lol wow. So i decided to sign up, and join the forum.
My partner and I have been together for 6 years, and have talked about ttc for a couple years now. This being our first month. We are using my partners brother as a donor. So a little bit about me:
I have 1 daughter who is 12 years old, she is my only pregnancy. i was very young when i had her (only 13) i gained alot of weight threw out the years and my period became very irregular. i just had this strong feeling I couldnt get pregnant and never wanted to try being as heavy as I was so i have spent the last year and a half getting healthy and lost over 200lbs, and decided i was ready to start trying. My periods were still irregular i would bleed for weeks at a time, so my doctor suggested i get on birth control for 3 months to regulate it, and it did. so ive been off for 2 months, we started using opks this month, i will deff. start using the digital ones after this month because these lines have me wondering. i know a light second line means neg, but on the other hand i have had days where there is no second line what so ever, and then on cd14 there was a faint line, and nw cd15 (today) nothing, so whats that suppose to mean? we started inseminating on cd10, 12,13,14, and we are going to again today. is that too much? i dunno. we just want to give it the best chance we can. anyways here I am, its been really great to be able to read your stories and know that it is possible!

First of all, I am exactly the same way! I have probably been reading way too much, but I definitely feel prepared!

My wife and I are starting TTC in the next week or so. I have been charting my cycles using fertilityfriend.com for the last 5 months though. Are you taking your temps or anything else to keep track of your cycle? I don't do it the entire month, but I have a history of slightly irregular cycles so it's helpful to give me as much information as possible around that time. Last month my cervix was open and I had EWM but I wasn't getting a positive OPK. I had the light second line the entire time. I knew I hadn't ovulated since my temps were staying low as well. I did eventually ovulate, but I had quit using the OPKs by then. I had tons of EWM, my temps went up and the next day I had no EWM and my cervix had closed. I agree that maybe you just have a low surge, but maybe temps could help confirm it for you? I like having a back up incase one of my signs is not doing what it should! lol

Good luck!

Hi everyone.

Welcome to the group ! I have definitely learned a ton in the last year and half from this site, and I continue to learn :) this group has been really supportive !

In the past, I have temped and used digital OPK and internet cheapies. I really liked the digital clearblue OPK's, even though they are kinda spendy, well worth it !

What way are you going to insem ?

OMG, congrats on the weight loss !! That is so amazing !! I have lost 30 in the last 3 months and have another 35 to go to hit my goal, just in time to TTC :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->