Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hi girls well this month as been good i think lol did insem cd 8 10 11 14 and 15 but we did insem 1am cd 14 wud that class as cd 13 still? and this is my chart
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e3e61

Ticking- thats sooo exciting !!!! I will think lots of good thoughts for you!!

Good luck mummylou!

Thanks for the advice ladies, we got a thermometer and are going to start temping tomarrow.
I'm curious how many of you leave the syringe in for 30 mins after being insem. I tried that out yesterday for the first time and I dno wat I think about it? Maybe tmi but during my other insems. It seemed to stay in and yesterday it rushed out as I was taking the syringe out. Hum.
Also do you have an O everytime you insem I kno it helps but I have a hard time having one every time. Anyway, I was going to stop yesterday but we are going to continue on til the 16th as originally planned.

Good luck ticking!

Mizcee, try wearing a pad once you take the syringe out. That helped me. I conceived my daughter on my first attempt TTC with home insemination.

Any suggestions on how to relax during all of this? I am starting to see some fertile CM (CD11) and I am due to ovulate this weekend (CD16-CD20?). This is our first time inseminating so that's pretty stressful. Then, to top it off, we are going to the lawyer this Friday (CD15) with our donor and his wife to sign the contract. They've been a little scared since the donor in Kansas is being sued for child support, even though our lawyer has assured them they will not be held liable as long as we follow through with our plan to have him give up rights in court and my wife will second parent adopt. We are very scared they will back out even though they still say they are 100% in it, they just want to be protected. It's just scary and stressful! Any suggestions to help deal with all of it? I have started acupuncture and have an appointment on Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that.

I have never heard of that before normally you draw a contract up between you all and sign it yourselfs and give each other a copy there are donor contracts on line x

I would suggest trying to place your focus on other things, fun things. Go to the movies, have a nice date night with your wife, etc, anything to occupy your mind other than the upcoming insemination.

My donor was also a victim to a woman he donated to. He had a contract signed that he would not be held responsible for anything relating to the child, but because he hadn't legally given up his biological rights to the child when the child was born, he ended up being held responsible because the rights of the child trumped the contract. We also live in Canada where this sort of thing is technically not recognized as legal He had been reluctant to donate to me again, but he will be. My doctor who is doing my reversal said that if I had trouble conceiving, he could not help me with my donor because it violates laws.

Anyway...

You and your donor and his wife should absolutely be safe, especially if your wife is second parent adopting. This, in essence, means that if anything were to happen, it would be you and your wife who are held responsible for the child, and not your donor and his wife.

Just try to relax and focus on things other than the legality of it all, and the insemination, and when it's all over, continue to focus on the fun.

Such great advice Brandi !!! I will keep it in mind when im stressing out when i start TTC!!

Thanks for the advice BrandiCanucks! I know it all varies depending on where you live and the laws in that particular area. I live in Missouri and the law states that the donation must be "supervised" by a physician for the donor to legally be excempt from all his rights. Going through the lawyer and him giving his rights up in court just makes us all feel completely at ease. It's just these last minute unsurities that have us more stressed than we need to be.

I will make sure we do some fun things this week to take our mind off of everything! Dinner and movie will be a must! It's unfortunate it's not good to drink during this time bc that would probably help as well! lol

Hi Ladies!

I was apart of this group about 7 months ago and have been keeping up with the thread ever since even though I hadn't posted.

I moved onto IUI that resulted in a BFN and it took a toll on me. But I'm back again pursuing the at-home-insemination route and just need the support of fellow TTCers.

AFM, I will be inseminating, using sperm from a cryobank, 3 days back-to-back with hopes of catching the eggy! How's everyone else doing?

Well, I agree with the drink part. I'll have one for you, for good luck, and you can do the same for me when I start TTC after my reversal.

this is my charthttps://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e3e61

and we did it cd 8 cd 10 11 14 15 16 17 have we done enough last month we did it cd 3 cd 7 cd 10 and cd 12 in aft noon n ov cd 13 so didn't really do it enough or keep sperm fresh so that's why I think we didn't catch that month

what ya think girls? xxxx

mummylou we did it very similar to you this month, i m just stopping on cycle day 16. crossing fingers. good luck!

I didn't know I would be terrified and excited all at the same time. I can see from the all the posts on this thread that this is an emotional roller coaster ride. My partner and started our journey in August. Like I did with my last pregnancy, I began tracking my cycles using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. Unlike OPK's the monitor tracks your whole cycle and gives you low, medium,high, and ovulation days. As you begin to use the monitor, it learns your cycle and begins to track even better. However, this time around, and nine years later, I never received any high or medium days.

So, I called my OBGYN and she ran all the full panel of tests. My cd 23 progesterone test came back at 5.6 which explains why the monitor was not able to track any high days or Ovulation. I have a good egg reserve and my FSH was great. I also had a ultrasound to rule out anything physiological and a very small cyst was found on one of my ovaries.

The plan is to start Clomid after the cyst is gone. My ultrasound, which will tell me if the cyst is gone, is tomorrow. If it's gone. We'll start the Clomid in Feb. and inseminate. If it's not, we'll wait.

I am so nervous! This time around we are buying sperm and that makes me nervous. Last time I didn't do a lot of research and just used the monitor for three weeks. The first time I O'd we inseminated with a known donor and then I was :bfp:. Simple. I have a handsome eight year old to prove it. O:)

I have read a lot of post on this thread. Is there anyone else buying donor sperm? If so, could you give me some advice about how you time your purchase with your cycle?

Thanks for listening (reading). I am glad I found a place to share my worries and ask questions. We are not telling but a handful of people we are going to start trying and do not have anyone to ask the "logistical" questions to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->