Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Jury my doctors appointment was nonconclusive. :shrug:
She said it was still early to rule out pregnancy and the office said neg of pregnancy test and there is no sign of UTI but they are sending it to the lab. Basically they just have no idea. She said AF cramps or maybe a uti or maybe nothing. I guess I'll just keep waiting.

Hi there i read 200 pages before joining this group. Wow i am happy to have a place i can relate with! I have been with my wife 7 years and married for 6months. We have a beautiful 8 year old daughter and have been ttc for 5 months with a known donor using at home ai. This process is a crazy ride. We are in our tww currently. We have only ever insem ONE time each cycle and i am sure that is the reason we have not got a bfp already. I look forward to getting to know you all. We are from ontario canada.

Re the air bubbles in the syringe, I would open the syringe packet, draw the syringe in and out and then, as carefully as I could, try to steadily (not too fast, not too slow) draw the sperm into the syringe. Some air bubbles are probably inevitable but, I think someone mentioned this, put the syringe upside down so that the bit that goes inside us is facing upwards and gently tap a few times on the syringe; this will help to get rid of some air bubbles.

tahreettc, first off welcome :hi: and re the 1 donation a month, I think the most donations I ever had was 3 in one month; the last 6 months that I was trying and the months that I got pregnant (had a MC one month) I only had 1 donation and really, if you can time it as well as possible with GOOD OPK's, temping, checking cervical position (CP) and cervical mucus (CM), imvho, 1 donation is good enough...we only need 1 sperm after all.

Lots of :dust: to you ladies :)

astito-I've definitely heard of that before. I think the at-home insemination is a good idea. It can't hurt to try and it's free! lol It has the same success rate as doing natural insemination, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't try it. I really hope it works out for you :)

Elliotsmum-Hopefully everything is just fine and you end up with a BFP :) I hope you get some answers soon!

tahreettc-Welcome! I've been to Ontario, it was beautiful! I don't think it's really about how many times you inseminate, it's more about your timing. We have been doing 2-4 inseminations because my O is unpredictable. What kind of things are you doing to track your O?

Hi Tahreettc...with only one time, sure it is possible, but you should do more to get benefit of higher chance...

Lots of :dust: to you ladies :)

thank you c30...I am gonna do this next time...I was really shocking when I saw too much bubbles in the syringe...

astito-I've definitely heard of that before. I think the at-home insemination is a good idea. It can't hurt to try and it's free! lol It has the same success rate as doing natural insemination, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't try it. I really hope it works out for you :)
Jury, I am sure, we all gona share our positive hpt's here and scream together:happydance::happydance::happydance:

CD1 ladies. We're back!! For the ladies I haven't gotten to meet yet, I am the non gestational mom in my relationship. My DW of 12 years had an ectopic pregnancy in December and as a result, we had to take a ttc break while she recovered from surgery. She is now my beloved "one tubed wonder" and we are eager to have our forever baby.

CD1 ladies. We're back!! For the ladies I haven't gotten to meet yet, I am the non gestational mom in my relationship. My DW of 12 years had an ectopic pregnancy in December and as a result, we had to take a ttc break while she recovered from surgery. She is now my beloved "one tubed wonder" and we are eager to have our forever baby.

Wishing you lots of luck! :dust:

Jury- i would love to do that, if i knew how to get there! lol ive tried to find the success stories page and havnt had any luck, but i guess i just mostly stick to coming straight to this thread.

Leah- wishing both of you the best of luck!

tahreettc- welcome, lots of baby dust your way, hopefully this is your last tww!

Help please!!!!!

My fiancee and I have just begun the at home insemination process. Our donor provides us with the sperm and we go into his guest room to inseminate. This is currently our first time ever trying to conceive. We decided it was best to use the instead soft cups with our donation. We get the sperm within 20 mins put it into the soft cup and insert it around my cervix. I lay elevated for 45 mins then I go to sleep. HOWEVER when I wake up and proceed to take the soft cup out of me and get it out there is some sperm and pinkish blood in the soft cup..... is something wrong? Do I suppose to see some blood? I am really nervous and my husband and I do not know if this is normal or not. Someone PLEASE let me know if they have ever experienced this.

Is there a possibility you are scraping or bumping something? If it's just a little bit of pinkish, I wouldn't worry about it. If you feel like there's a significant amount, then you might want to call the doctor and make sure...

Here's the link to the success story board, mizcee18:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

AFM I tested this morning (8 dpo) and bfn. I know it's still pretty early though. When I went to the restroom a little bit ago, I noticed the slightest bit of pink. I looked at my cervix and there is a little bit of dark spotting and a spot of creamy/yellowish CM. I am really hoping it is implantation bleeding, but I'm also kind of freaking out that it might be a really short lp for me....I normally have a 13 day lp and this would be 9...Needless to say, I'm freaking out a little....

it was really too hard to get out the soft cup... maybe my finger is short, i don't know, but it was not easy as described on the internet or in the box for me...

Here's the link to the success story board, mizcee18:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

AFM I tested this morning (8 dpo) and bfn. I know it's still pretty early though. When I went to the restroom a little bit ago, I noticed the slightest bit of pink. I looked at my cervix and there is a little bit of dark spotting and a spot of creamy/yellowish CM. I am really hoping it is implantation bleeding, but I'm also kind of freaking out that it might be a really short lp for me....I normally have a 13 day lp and this would be 9...Needless to say, I'm freaking out a little....

your signs really promisin Jury...forget lp, there a lot who get regnant with short lp on fertility friend charts...
did u do your test with frer? Anyway, if this is implementation bleeding, you should get your bfp as early as two days later...

Help please!!!!!

My fiancee and I have just begun the at home insemination process. Our donor provides us with the sperm and we go into his guest room to inseminate. This is currently our first time ever trying to conceive. We decided it was best to use the instead soft cups with our donation. We get the sperm within 20 mins put it into the soft cup and insert it around my cervix. I lay elevated for 45 mins then I go to sleep. HOWEVER when I wake up and proceed to take the soft cup out of me and get it out there is some sperm and pinkish blood in the soft cup..... is something wrong? Do I suppose to see some blood? I am really nervous and my husband and I do not know if this is normal or not. Someone PLEASE let me know if they have ever experienced this.

:hi: it's not unknown for some women to spot around the time of ovulation, this coluld be the case for you. If it is more of an amount then spotting, then yes, perhaps talk to your doctor. Good luck.

well girls here is my chart what do u think xx https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e3e61

I have refrained from testing. It was very hard. It will be cd30 and will be 13 days past insemination tomorrow. Part of me wants to test and part of me doesn't. ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->