Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I love charting! I know weird. But, I actually am starting to see a pattern which indicates ovulation! That is super exciting.

It is definitely helpful! I'm so glad I started charting...

mizcee18-So exciting! I'm so glad that everything is ok!

AFM-My temp took a big dip today, so I assume I will start today or tomorrow. Plus I feel like I'm getting a cold. Not a good time. Oh well.

Aw, hope you feel better soon jury.

Mizcee, this is wonderful news!!!!!

2nd and last try at my 4d scan today; we tried last week but I have an anterior placenta, it's at the front, and my little girl was head down, face against the placenta :dohh: we managed to see a little nose and hand in 4d which was amazing but hoping to be able to coax her a little more today to get some good pics. This 2nd scan is free and if we can't get some good shots then I will get some money back but, I want to "see" my little girl :cloud9: it's at 1pm UK time, keep your fingers and toes crossed for us :thumbup:

CHERYL I sure hope that you get to take a peek at your LO!

MIZCEE a HB is awesome news!!! At this stage, that is the best actually. The due date won't get more permanent for a while. I am soo happy you chose to chart, I think alot of the time, charting makes all the difference, getting to see the pattern and plan accordingly... Can't wait to hear more during your journey!

:wave: Hi Ladies!

Hi everyone,

I'm doing okay. Got through the D&C (two actually) and am healing physically. I'm having persistent dizziness (probably still related to hormonal vascular changes in pregnancy) so I'm getting checked out by a cardiologist next week, but hopefully things will settle down as time passes.

Emotionally I'm a wreck and can't stop crying, but I'm finding the miscarriage support board helpful. I'm off work today but am supposed to go back tomorrow. It's difficult to concentrate but I think I'll get through.

We want to try again when we're ready physically and emotionally. I'm not sure yet when that will be. For a while I will probably not be on here much.

Love to you all and deep compassion for those of you who have suffered losses. It is truly heart breaking.

NIM I am glad to hear that you are healing and on the road to healing. Thank you, having gone through two losses, I know how you are feeling, and understand, staying away for however long it takes, know that we will be here for you when you are ready to return. :hugs: to you and your family!

c30-I hope you get to see her today!

Nimyra-Glad to hear your on the road to healing now. I can't even imagine how hard it must be....you're in my thoughts... :hugs:

AFM-AF showed up today, on to cycle #3.

Anyone on clomid and doing at home insemination? Or has anyone had success with clomid + at home insem?

Aw, hope you feel better soon jury.

Mizcee, this is wonderful news!!!!!

2nd and last try at my 4d scan today; we tried last week but I have an anterior placenta, it's at the front, and my little girl was head down, face against the placenta :dohh: we managed to see a little nose and hand in 4d which was amazing but hoping to be able to coax her a little more today to get some good pics. This 2nd scan is free and if we can't get some good shots then I will get some money back but, I want to "see" my little girl :cloud9: it's at 1pm UK time, keep your fingers and toes crossed for us :thumbup:

Hope she's behaving!

Hope she's behaving!

Well she was still head down, in the right position for birth, with the placenta in front of her. There was not enough fluid between her head and the placenta so no 4d photo's or dvd. I'm fine with that though because we did get some great photo's nonetheless. I'll post a few here but all 11 of them, lol, are in my journal (check the link in my sig)

1) Her mouth is open and she may be showing us her tongue, her hand is also on the right side of her chin.
2) Looks like a smile.
3) "talk to the hand mummy" her hand with what looks like long fingers. I felt her move for this pic and then saw that it was the hand; feeling it and seeing it was surreal and wonderful.
4th) A foot!!!! She's got her mummy's size 7's, lol :)
:cloud9:

We saw her little heart beating and heard it and I'll never get bored of that sound. I had some money refunded cos we couldn't get the dvd or the colour photo's but the scan, even after the first visit, really did let me bond with her :cloud9:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 8
  • foot.jpg
    foot.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 9
Awwww fab pics, I love the foot one!
My lil girl is 6 weeks old tomorrow!!!! Going far too fast x

Awwww fab pics, I love the foot one!
My lil girl is 6 weeks old tomorrow!!!! Going far too fast x

I know, it's amazing how fast it goes, I'm always being told to appreciate every second. Even with this pregnancy, the 2nd half has been flying by, it's almost "blink and you'll miss it" :haha:

c.30...I am very happy to see your baby....so sweat...:baby:
I am 6 dpo and of course negative hpt (poas addict):blush:

The pics are fabulous!

AFM... I've come to unload. I've finished my 4th and final insem this month and yet to have a pos OPK. I am freaking out. But I had a HUGE mood swing tonight out of no where. I am hoping that this means the surge is on it's way and that it's not too late. My timing was not nearly as good this round as last time so I seriously doubt it's going anywhere. This whole process is really awful for the both of us and I'm not sure it is going anywhere. My cycles are all messed up. And the insem thing is so emotionally and financially taxing.

On top of all this I just started a new job and new hours start next week
(11a-10p) and I'm not sure how I will factor in AI with that schedule. The current donor will not donate without us both at home when he's here. So I guess if we decide to continue I will have to go back to the drawing board to find someone else. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be a party pooper. :wacko:

Anyone on clomid and doing at home insemination? Or has anyone had success with clomid + at home insem?

........:shrug:

Hi, I'm pretty sure in the couple of years I've been in this thread there have been ladies on clomid who have had success. Check out the posts in this thread from the ladies who have got their BFP's, I would think they would mention clomid if they'd been on it :thumbup: Good luck :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...tificial-insemination-success-stories-20.html

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I started reading from the beginning to see if this question has been asked. But I haven't seen it as yet. So I skipped ahead. I hope that's ok.

I'm TTC and I'm flying to meet my donor two days from now. To save money I'm going to be staying with a friend, and I don't feel comfortable asking him to Come to my friend's place. Does anyone have any suggestions about how and where we could meet?

Thanks for your help.

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I started reading from the beginning to see if this question has been asked. But I haven't seen it as yet. So I skipped ahead. I hope that's ok.

I'm TTC and I'm flying to meet my donor two days from now. To save money I'm going to be staying with a friend, and I don't feel comfortable asking him to Come to my friend's place. Does anyone have any suggestions about how and where we could meet?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome :hi: Here are a few ideas: see if you can book a hotel room for an hour or 2, this is possible at some hotels in the UK. Or, you go to his house to do the insemination, taking your friend if you're comfortable with that and he's ok with that. Failing both of those ideas, I have heard of some donors producing the donation in toilets of supermarkets for example, and then handing it to the recipient who then inseminates in the ladies toilets - the latter would be my very last option but of course, it's what the donor and recipient are both happy with.

Hope that helps and good luck. :thumbup:

Thanks C. I'm so excited. This forum has helped me learn so much already. Thanks to everyone for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->