Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Nimyra, I know you must be devastated by this. Know that you are in our thoughts. Remember to breathe and try to take it one day at a time. I am so sorry for your loss.:hugs:

Okay ladies i need some advice
I've had cramps since 1dpo. I'm now at 9dpo and I'm so tired of them. Not unbearable pain but very annoying and bad enough i keep making a face that makes my DW all excited that its implantation cramps but its been days now. Anyone have advice? I'm poas tomorrow but it's still early to show pos.

hi friends,
we gonna try self insemination tomorrow...we did once yesterday. my dh put his semen into a soft cup. then I put the soft cup to my vagina...
tomorrow I will try with a syringe. the problem is the semen yesterday was too thick, I mean too creamy. so is it possible to pull out with syringe? I am planning to add preesed first...Is it better to wait for ten minutes for liquidaion? does this method kill some of the swimmers? Thank you so much if someone can help...baby dust to all!!!!!!!!!!

Elliotsmum-last month I had the same thing happen. I was convinced my body was pissed off bc of the sperm...something that it hadn't seen in a very long time lol This month hasn't been nearly as bad. I really think my body was just getting used to the whole thing. I wouldn't worry about it though. After AF came they went away. So, hopefully either way you'll get some relief soon!

astito-We use the syringe method. We've sucked it up right away and after it liquifies. It seems to be a little easier to get it all after it liquifies a little, but either way works fine. I don't think it kills more of them, they are supposed to live for about an hour outside the body. Remember there are between 250 million and 500 million sperm in there...it only takes 1! Good luck :)

thank you Jury3. The amount of the semen was only half of the tablespoon and it seemed to me impossible to get success with this method...

The first couple of donations our donor gave us were small amounts. I've read that it doesn't really matter what the volume is so much, it can still hold the same amount of sperm. We considered using the softcup and preseed, but ended up not doing either. I say just do what you are comfortable with. If it doesn't work this month we may consider using the softcup and/or preseed next time.

Thanks jury- you are probably right my body is probably very confused as its never had sperm there before. Haha. If it doesn't go away in a few days and I don't get my BFP I'm calling the doctor, or clinic.
Thanks again

Astito- good luck FXd for you

Have you been testing already? If not, when are you going to? I'm anxious to test...I'm 5 dpo today, waiting at least until 8 dpo. I may wait until 10 or 12 though...we'll see!

Don't test yet if it might make you sad.
I did test 7dpo no surprise it was neg, but it still made me a little sad. I am going to test tomorrow morning, that will be 10dpo. On a happy note, we did our taxes and are getting back enough to redo our kitchen so if I'm not pregnant this month we are taking on a renovation. We can really only afford it if I do some of the work but there is no way I'm putting a pregnancy on the line.
If we do the kitchen I'll just keep temping and tracking and pick it up at the end of the reno.

Elliotsmum-Did you test this morning?

mommy2be-30 weeks! How exciting!

hi friends,
I did my second insemination this morning. I waited the semen to liqify a little then used a 10 ml syringe.
When I pull the semen into the syringe, there was some air bubles in it. Is this create a problem?
I inserted the syringe until all part was inside...Is this sufficient?
Thank you friends...baby dusts to all!!!!!

We get air bubbles in our's too. This last time we tipped it up and pushed some of the bubbles out, while trying not to push any sperm out. That helped a little. I don't think the air bubbles matter, I just didn't like how they felt when squeezing it in! We push the syringe in as far as possible so it's closer to the cervix. I usually have the entire syringe in as far as I can get it in and still get my fingers around the grips at the end. I try to hold onto it while the wife pushes it in. I can't say it's for sure successful, but that's what we've been doing...

NIM I have just logged on properly and saw your news. I am so very sorry for your loss! :hugs: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. I know that is is a devastating situation having gone through it myself in the past. Please be well.

MOMMY2BE How are you? I've missed you! Hope all is well as you round this corner in your journey.

MIZCEE I hope the results come back favorable Hun, how are you holding up?:dust:

I tested this morning with a frer but I noticed it expired 1/2013 oops it came out neg and so did the dollar store test. I've been having cramps on the right side for 10 days and in the last 2 I developed a full (I have to pee) type feeling. The nurse line at my dr office said it was a concern because it could be trapped air or an infection. I have an appointment this afternoon and I'll get a preg test while I'm there.

Astito - try and get the air out. I'll ask the dr more when I see her.

thanks so much friends...I hope you get your bfp this cycle...:happydance:...

Nim- im so sorry this has happened, just the thought is brutal... hang in there. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Asisto- my wife turned it upright and tapped it a little to get the bubbles to the top then tried to get as much as possible out.

Jury- cant wait for you to be able to test, hope this is your month!

Mrsmm- im holding up good thank you! just waiting til monday for the next ultrasound. but im guessing everything is good because my morning sickness is getting stronger and stronger by the day! lol
we never waited for it to liquify,we insem'd imediately. as far as the volume- it was always around 2-4 ml in the syringe while at the pharmacy the pharmacist said not to go any further than about a finger length inside so thats what we did.

we used a lube that was similar to preseed the pharmacist recommended the first time we insem'd but found it much better not to use it.

dont know what the magic, or the secret is, just know it worked!

Elliotsmum-How did the doc apt go?

Mizcee-Glad things are going well! I was worried about you after your last post...You should post your methods on the At Home Insemination Success Stories page so we can all learn from you! :)

Astito-If you haven't read the At Home Insemination Success Stories board, you totally should! There are lots of suggestions for you there. I've found it very helpful.

Jury, I did. This is why I want to give some chance to home insemination before IUI. my dh has ejaculating problems during inside me, but there is no problem with maturbating:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->