Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

No one is telling you not to be happy mind games, just be a little cautious that's all
Having lost a baby by MMC I know how hard it is to hear bad news

I'm sorry to be disagreeing with people in here but again, if MG doesn't want to be cautious, that's her look out; no one can tell another person how to feel.

When I had my early MC, I kept the hope alive even though I was told from day 1 by a dr that the pregnancy wasn't likely to be successful; for me, believing and hoping that my little bean would stick I think helped with the process that I went through in those weeks.

At the moment MG is happy and wants people to be happy for her and with her cos she's getting clear BFP's. If that's how she wants to go forward, who is anyone to say she should feel/be any different? :flower:

Because really...is there any denying this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 21
It was more the comment about be "dismissing" things that was upsetting for me! I was just following my doctors instructions and waiting until I've certainly missed my period.

Which I have, and I just had a repeat blood test at 11:00am. I should have my results in the morning.

have you had a scan mindgames?? how far should you be hun x theres so many pages to catch up. when was af due

hi girl just read the 8 ways of ovulation on here . and I was wondering it says its best few days before ov and day of ov. so wondering as I ovulated cd 13 last cycle im cd 10 today and done a donation do we do it cd 11,12,13 or wait till opk is pos as I ovulated day after pos opk last month

mindgames-I'm excited for you! Your tests look great and I'm sure your blood test results will come back just fine.

I know people are just trying to share their stories and suggest caution, but sometimes that can really bring someone down when they don't want to be brought down...or when there is no real reason to be brought down. Our donor's wife likes to throw out that it took them a year to get pregnant. For someone just starting out and who has a slight disadvantage because they don't have sperm handy every time they want it, it is totally discouraging. I have to keep my head up though because I know our situations are different (she wasn't doing anything to confirm O, no opks, no temping, etc and she has PCOS). Everyone's story is not the same. Like I said, your tests look great. I think we should let the doctor figure it out. I'm sure it will all turn out just fine! Cheers to a H&H 9 months!

hi girl just read the 8 ways of ovulation on here . and I was wondering it says its best few days before ov and day of ov. so wondering as I ovulated cd 13 last cycle im cd 10 today and done a donation do we do it cd 11,12,13 or wait till opk is pos as I ovulated day after pos opk last month

Do you always ovulate on the same day? Are you saying you've already done 1 donation this month? It sounds like you might want to wait for the positive opk....

done three so far and doing another weds and once got pos opk three days in a row

We got our smiley today!! This means that the first grueling 2ww in a long while is approaching. We are inseminating tonight and tomorrow an then Thursday we will have the last one of the cycle. We stuck to our tradition of Chinese food and fortune cookies. Here's to hoping that We don't have to wait another year.

https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/heidipeppers/9784aac0-adb2-41e1-9917-6109f3fe310c.jpghttps://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/heidipeppers/f07e7acb-6737-440f-b843-db3af76e6d74.jpg

After 8 months... I finally got a peak reading on my monitor AND (for good measure) a positive OPK! 100mg of Clomid is all it took. Spermies are on their way!

Welcome back firechild, it's good to see you, good luck for your next try :dust:

Leah, hope you get that smiley real soon! :dust: for you too :)

Look at your beautiful baby! Forgive me if I missed somewhere; do you know what you're having or chosen a name?

Thanks MrsM and Leah!
Labs were good. took 150mg clomid cd5-9. The days til u/s seem very long! I am getting more excited the closer we get. started opk today, but no smiley.

Good luck to everyone receiving donations, hope winter babies are in our futures!

Welcome back firechild, it's good to see you, good luck for your next try :dust:

Leah, hope you get that smiley real soon! :dust: for you too :)

Look at your beautiful baby! Forgive me if I missed somewhere; do you know what you're having or chosen a name?

Thanks MrsM and Leah!
Labs were good. took 150mg clomid cd5-9. The days til u/s seem very long! I am getting more excited the closer we get. started opk today, but no smiley.

Good luck to everyone receiving donations, hope winter babies are in our futures!

Thank you!! I'm having a girl, called Deanna and she's due in 7 weeks and 6 days :cloud9: on May 6th :)

Leah and HP, hooray for smiley's and peaks - I know they used to get me very excited, lol. Good luck with donations :dust:

Firechild, hope you get your smiley soon :thumbup:

Leah and HP - Good luck ladies!!! It's always so exciting to see the smiley faces lol Lots of baby dust to you! :dust:

AFM-Lots of EWCM starting, just waiting for our smiley. We start insems tonight though and will do them Thurs and Sat as well.

Leah and HP - Good luck ladies!!! It's always so exciting to see the smiley faces lol Lots of baby dust to you! :dust:

AFM-Lots of EWCM starting, just waiting for our smiley. We start insems tonight though and will do them Thurs and Sat as well.
Good Luck Jury!

Ok ladies. This will hopefully give hope to anyone who has been in my situation and basically been told to be cautious. My first blood test was negative. Despite positive hpts. I was only 10 or 12 dpo when I took it. This blood test....

HCG is at 500 which is perfect (and even slightly high) for 4 weeks and 3 days PREGNANT.

So yes, there is such thing as a false positive, my doctor told me it was simply too early.

Thank you to everyone who supported me and let me celebrate my happy news!

Congrats hun xxx

hope it's a happy & healthy nine months for you xxx

Ok ladies. This will hopefully give hope to anyone who has been in my situation and basically been told to be cautious. My first blood test was negative. Despite positive hpts. I was only 10 or 12 dpo when I took it. This blood test....

HCG is at 500 which is perfect (and even slightly high) for 4 weeks and 3 days PREGNANT.

So yes, there is such thing as a false positive, my doctor told me it was simply too early.

This has made my day :happydance::happydance::happydance:

This has made my day :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thank you! You've been the most supportive!

This has made MY day as well! Now I just am so scared to get my first ultrasound! I was on clomid! What if its twins!? Haha. More to love! :cloud9:

Ideally we would have inseminated Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday but our donor was out of town and couldn't ship on Saturday. I got a peak reading on my monitor on Monday and we inseminated today. My question is, do you think it would be worth it to ask for a donation for Thursday (have him ship on Wednesday night) if my monitor is still giving me peak readings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->