Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

mindgames, why were you on clomid? did you have ovulating problems? is it better we use it even if we have regular cycles and lh surge? I am asking this because I have no insurance and if clomid is really helpful, I may visit a doctor even if it costs a lot...

I had irregular cycles and my husband is a paraplegic, so our fertility doctor prescribed it to us.

In Canada, since I don't have medical through work, my prescriptions are not covered. I took 100mg of clomid for 5 days. So 10 pills total, and it was $75.
Worth it!

Congrats mindgames, such great news. So IF it is twins what are your thoughts? My DW would be thrilled she keeps saying "it's two for one, how can that be bad" my thought is more...its twice the work.
What do you ladies think?

Astito- someone said before that Walmart has clomid for like $12 so it's not that expensive.

I would be thrilled with one baby, or two babies! But it would just be slightly more nerve wracking with two. I mean I'm a FTM so two babies would be more of a struggle, financially, emotionally, etc. but it would be worth it. My only hope is that if they're twins, I hope it's a boy and girl haha. That way I won't feel the absolute NEED to try again in the future....trying to conceive was one of the most difficult processes I've ever been through, not fun. The outcome will be totally worth it all though.

MINDGAMES CONGRATS! Again... :happydance: Just as I said, it was just too early. WIshing you and DH a H&H 9 months!

LEAH and HP GL with insems!!! :dust:

I hope tomorrow's temp confirms O and in a few days we can get to testing. I'm totally ready to know that our forever baby is in there cooking. Bring on the happily ever after.

I'll be you'll get crosshairs for either today or yesterday. Good luck in the 2ww! We are still waiting to O (no positive opk yet either), did our first insem last night though and have another one tomorrow and Saturday.

For those of you who used/use softcups, how did you do it? We tried for the first time last night. We put the goods into the cup and then inserted the cup. I tried to put preseed around the rim, but I couldn't get it in bc it kept slipping. So, I ended up wiping some of it off. Then when I actually got it in, some of the stuff got squeezed out. Does this happen to other people? I added preseed to the cup before I put the sperm in, maybe I shouldn't do that next time? We might go back to the syringe and then put the cup in after...

HP- just a quicky about CBFM. It will automatically give you 2 peak day's, so don't bother wasting your sticks after the first peak. xx

Kezza- Thanks! Don't you have to keep using the sticks when it tells you so the monitor can continue learning your cycle?

At the start I still tested the day after the 2nd peak so that the monitor could learn my cycles. Some would say that was a waste of 1 stick but it made me feel reassured that i was doing it right. Once I learnt my cycles a bit better, I would re-use an old stick on that 3rd day after the 2 peaks because, either my temp had risen or I'd got my second smiley and was VERY confident that I was about to ov or had.

I guess it's up to the user; if testing after your second day of peak reassures you HP, I'd carry on doing it. If however, it's say your 7th month of trying and your monitor would probably know you by now, you could think about using an old stick - it's really just to save a few penny's and like I said, up to the user.

Good luck all :)

Thanks C.30. You're right, you'd think after 7months the monitor would know my cycle. However, during those 7 months I was having anovulatory periods so I never got a peak reading. I assume because I was getting high days for the entire 20 days I was testing that my estrogen was increasing but I never had a LH surge. Using the monitor is how I knew something was wrong! Taking 100mg of Clomid this month has given my body what it needed to get that LH surge! I still don't know if I ovulated 100% yet but I will have my BBT and 21 day progesterone to tell me for sure. Today the monitor said not to test. It's the first month of not testing for 20 days in a row! I actually wasted a stick this morning because I assumed the monitor would ask for one but it didn't. :happydance: Not sure I will use the "old stick" trick but I love knowing all of this information. :thumbup:

Ah, there you go, didn't realise you had anov cycles, that's where the monitor can come in very handy! Glad the info helps :thumbup:

Jury, the one time I tried just putting the donation in the softcup, it spilled out over the top :dohh: (Eww, lol) this could have been because I put too much pre-seed in the cup as I know someone who used this method without any spillage. I only did it that once cos I was having to leave the hotel I was staying in so didn't have time to do the lying down for an hour before softcup which was my routine.

Yeah, I think that may have been my problem too. Maybe next time I will put preseed in myself first and then put the cup in...

Don't put more than 1-2ml of preseed in the cup. It will spill if you put too much in!

if you only put a little bit (i just "grease" the bottom of the cup lightly) it shouldn't spill.

Congrats mindgames! How exciting...what is your due date? What cds did you take clomid?
We did clomid Aug-Nov- doc determined 150mg worked best for us (to get the right day 21 numbers). So, he started us right back on 150mg after a 3 month break. I do ovulate on my own and have very regular cycles- but my progesterone was low and our Dr. said clomid would give me stronger o.

We are doing one insemination this month (previously, we would do 3-5). Also, I have not been temping- I found that I would obsess and stress myself out over individual temps and interpreting my chart as a whole. I am trying to decrease my stress with the whole process. I am trying to be more positive and even have fun with the trying (I started a baby board on pinterest:).
Hopefully tomorrow is a good day for us- if everything checks out with the u/s, the Dr said he may give me a trigger shot and then we need to inseminate Saturday. I have been praying and praying and praying!

Regarding the twin discussion- I would be happy and feel blessed, but I think I would be so nervous my entire pregnancy because of all the increased risk.

Good luck to everyone getting donations, I keep you in my prayers also.

OMG!!! help!!! I did a digi opk yest and was negative woke up this morning to tons of ewcm and this is my chart omg omg I cant have ovulated! I got neg digi yet got pos digi last month and ovulated day after it!! what do I do ??

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 10
Can't see the chart but haven't you had insems already??? If so and you have ov'ed then surely you're covered? :flower:

ive uploaded it as a photo now hun if you wanna see. and had donor Monday yesterday doing today and tomorrow if poss. and did last Friday too. we did it day before ov and day after ov before and didn't work that cycle

ive uploaded it as a photo now hun if you wanna see. and had donor Monday yesterday doing today and tomorrow if poss. and did last Friday too. we did it day before ov and day after ov before and didn't work that cycle

I would say the timing looks great! Good luck!

Did you just start opks yesterday? If so, maybe you missed the surge? Your temp from today could be a fluke, you'll have to wait and see if it stays up. However, I'm pretty sure you are covered either way!

I think the digi opks work just fine. I love mine. Like I said, if you just started opks last night, you might have missed the surge.

Hi all.....I believe the 2ww has officially begun! Exciting and terrifying. I forgot how invested I get. I am currently planning life as if we are already pregnant. Lol!

For those of you who used/use softcups, how did you do it? We tried for the first time last night. We put the goods into the cup and then inserted the cup. I tried to put preseed around the rim, but I couldn't get it in bc it kept slipping. So, I ended up wiping some of it off. Then when I actually got it in, some of the stuff got squeezed out. Does this happen to other people? I added preseed to the cup before I put the sperm in, maybe I shouldn't do that next time? We might go back to the syringe and then put the cup in after...

Jury - I love that you seem to ask the questions I want to know the answers to! We decided to use the softcup this time too and a little bit spilled out when I inserted it. We did not use preseed. Should I? Our donation is mixed with TYB to feed the sperm while on their trip from OH. It's already pretty watery and didn't think the preseed was necessary.

We changed from using the syringe last month because it seemed like a lot was leaking out. Every time the plunger was pushed more would leak out! I think we lost a lot less using the softcup. After the obligatory 30 minutes of handstands, I laid down for 30 minutes. I then wore the softcup for about 4 hours after that. When I took it out, there was still some semen left in it. It was about 1/3 of what we had originally put in. Is that normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->