Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

leah-We do the same thing! We are always saying, "well we can't do that" and such. It's hard being in that limbo....planning like you're preggo just in case and then back to not having to worry about it.

hp-I bet you have a little more since it's mixed already. So it comes out even while the syringe is still in? That could also be because there's more volume bc it's already mixed...I wouldn't worry about the preseed since it's already mixed. If the cup has less leakage than the syringe, I would keep doing that. Can you tilt it more? I've heard some say that they kind of scoop it along the bottom side of vaginal wall...I haven't tried it myself, but maybe you could try that? I think we are going to try the cup again but with very little preseed this time. I love the cup though, so nice not worrying about leakage!

leah-We do the same thing! We are always saying, "well we can't do that" and such. It's hard being in that limbo....planning like you're preggo just in case and then back to not having to worry about it.

hp-I bet you have a little more since it's mixed already. So it comes out even while the syringe is still in? That could also be because there's more volume bc it's already mixed...I wouldn't worry about the preseed since it's already mixed. If the cup has less leakage than the syringe, I would keep doing that. Can you tilt it more? I've heard some say that they kind of scoop it along the bottom side of vaginal wall...I haven't tried it myself, but maybe you could try that? I think we are going to try the cup again but with very little preseed this time. I love the cup though, so nice not worrying about leakage!

We have about 7ml of semen and TYB. Is that a lot? I don't know how much it should be but it's more than half of the 10ml syringe. How much is a typical "donation" amount? I've watched the softcup video a few times and feel like I got it in perfectly. I am absolutely going to try to tilt it a little more next time. I love the cup too. Did you have "extra" when you took it out?

hi girls couldn't do donation tonight but tonight is first day of tons of ewcm so think its beg of fertile time you think? we are doing today 15th march sat and sunday hoping temps will confirm ov by tues as I don't have any more opks left did donation last fri snf this Monday and Wednesday.

Please pray for us! Today is a big day: u/s and possible trigger...will inseminate tonight or tomorrow based on Dr recommendation.- if the u/s shows everything in there to be in good shape.
I want this to be it so badly! I've been praying continuously...not just for me...for you girls too. This journey can be so trying and a roller coaster of emotions. it will be wo worth it to hold a little miracle in our arms! Good luck to each of you, whatever stage you are in! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers today and tomorrow! This could finally be it!

firechild30-Good luck!

hp-I can't say what a typical amount is, but our donor usually has about 3ml-4ml? I think once it was about 5ml. Last night it was somewhere between 3 and 4 ml and I didn't lose any. However, I put the preseed into myself about 20-30 min before we did the insem so it would already be up there. Then I just lightly coated the softcup with preseed and put a very small drop in the syringe before sucking up the sperm. So, I didn't have as much in the cup this time. It was much easier. So, maybe the 7ml is a little more than what you can squeeze in there. Like I said though, if you lose less with the cup than the syringe, I would keep doing it that way.

I always have a little bit left in the morning. Before the cup, I would have a little bit that leaked out in the morning and/or throughout the day. With the cup there is a little bit left as well, but not very much. It's usually all spread out too. Since you seem to have more going in than me, that may be why you have that much left over.

Keep in mind though, that doesn't mean the actually sperm didn't make it up there. You are seeing semen, so the spermies may have swam out of it already is my thinking. I always have a little leftover around my cervix when I check it too.

3DPO!!!!! We got our crosshairs :) I think this wait is going to go fairly quickly. We have so many balls in the air right now. Obviously there is this, we just moved into our first house, CO just passed civil unions so we are planning a ceremony for October 25, and we are trying to buy a new car. When I say there is a lot of balls in the air I am not kidding. The most awesome part to me is that after our civil union, I will be able to be on the birth certificate. It is like all of my dreams are coming true at once!!
HP don't worry about the leftovers. It is mostly just proteins and pre seed. The swimmers should still be getting to where they need to be.
Mummylou I wouldn't change the temps or discard anything. It will happen on its own I am sure. Just relax and trust your body.
Jury how is the wait for your smile treating you?

Firechild best of luck at the ultrasound. Update us on how things went. I am cheering you on!

Leah-Yay for crosshairs! You do have a lot going on! That's so exciting that you'll be able to be on the birth certificate! I wish we were going to see that soon, but we live in MO and it's way too religious/republican to pass anything like that right now. Eventually they will, but it will be a while. Our donor has to give up his rights, then we have to do a second parent adoption. Anyway, congrats on the upcoming ceremony!

I just did an opk and the lines are getting close to the same color. It still didn't get me a smiley on the digi, but I'm assuming it will by the end of the day. So, we are close!

friends, can you easily pull the softcup out? I really feel hard when trying to get it out:cry:

Leah-wow! Looks like the planets are aligning for your family.

sorry I can't help any of you ladies with softcup questions- we tried them 3 times, but they were uncomfortable and just way to much hassle.

U/s went very well. lining is thick...had 3 good follies, one on left and two on right...they measured 22, 23, and 17. I was given the hcg injection, so we will inseminate Sat afternoon.

the wait will be even harder for us this time because I will have all the symptoms from the hcg shot.

Leah-wow! Looks like the planets are aligning for your family.

sorry I can't help any of you ladies with softcup questions- we tried them 3 times, but they were uncomfortable and just way to much hassle.

U/s went very well. lining is thick...had 3 good follies, one on left and two on right...they measured 22, 23, and 17. I was given the hcg injection, so we will inseminate Sat afternoon.

the wait will be even harder for us this time because I will have all the symptoms from the hcg shot.

:hugs: we will be here with you.

Hi ladies.
I have been reading this thread for a week or so and I am so glad to have found it. So much great info and advice, not to mention great support :hugs:
I would love to join you all on the journey to trying to conceive via ai.
I am 34 and decided the time is right for a baby. I will be going it alone since I have still not found my 'forever woman'!. Luckily I have a very supportive network around me.
I will be using a known donor. He is a very good friend of mine and I love him to bits so feel very blessed.
I am currently waiting for AF to show her face (the first time I have ever been looking forward to it and it's late already, typical!) so that I can start the countdown to ov. :coffee:

Hope you ladies are all well.

Hi ladies.
I have been reading this thread for a week or so and I am so glad to have found it. So much great info and advice, not to mention great support :hugs:
I am 34 and decided the time is right for a baby. I will be going it alone since I have still not found my 'forever woman'!. Luckily I have a very supportive network around me.
I will be using a known donor. He is a very good friend of mine and I love him to bits so feel very blessed.
I am currently waiting for AF to show her face (the first time I have ever been looking forward to it and it's late already, typical!) so that I can start the countdown to ov. :coffee:

Welcome to the madness oxygen. :thumbup:

astito-While sitting on the toilet, I bear down. I can't flip my hand around to hook it properly. So I have to insert my finger, nail side and hook it in the top of the cup by straightening my finger and pulling. Once I give it that little pull and it's out from under the bone, I can then grab it and pull it out.

Firechild-Exciting! Good luck!

Oxygen-Welcome!

Hi ladies.

Welcome! These are the most wonderful group of ladies! You will find so much wisdom and support here. I wish you lots of luck! Do you plan to temp or use opk?

Leah- lovely temps so far.

I have been completely exhausted and super emotional(I am normally not, and it is rare for me to cry). I have burst into tears like 5 times today! I had horrible cramping last night, so bad it woke me from sleep- better today, but still twingy.

Thanks for the welcome ladies. :flower:
I have started temping to see if I can get the hang of it but I also have a cbfm and will be using opk's as well since I have read that the cbfm can sometimes miss your peak until it gets to know your cycle better.
Still waiting for AF! Hurry up! :coffee:

well girls as you can see from my chart haven't ovulated yet and no donations since Wednesday!!! hoping today and Monday and hoping that will cover me really gutted couldn't do yesterday or Friday!! think this month is out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->