Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Good luck jury, Lou, hp! May we get babies for Christmas!

I woke up feeling quite discouraged. DH is great about reminding me to try to stay positive.
My only symptoms so far are: emotional, crampy, and some acne. I find it a little odd that I'm having no sore bbs- in all the previous months that I have taken clomid, they begin hurting right after o until the day the witch shows. I think I may call Dr. today and see about scheduling a progesterone blood test just to make sure I o'ed. I'm quite confident that I did but my body's signals are confusing. If we did not get pregnant this cycle, I think I will start temping again.
It's so difficult when you want it so badly...the waiting is the hardest part.

hi girls well got donation 12.30am but my temp rose this morning so does that mean I ovulated yesterday or today if yesterday I missed it didn't I even though I had sharp pains and tons of ewcm at midnight

Fingers crossed it was this morning Hun. There's not really any way if telling for sure when it happened, but the egg is still viable for about 12 hours so even if it was yesterday evening you should be fine, everything crossed,

I'm looking forward to getting started again in October with a new donor. DP is trying this time

I am thinking I need a new one to be honest as this one isn't commmited at all. I don't know where to start any ideas?

There's loads of sites around. I've linked to my favourites on my blog - https://weforgotthesperm.blogspot.co.uk/p/sites-we-like.html

Fingers crossed it was this morning Hun. There's not really any way if telling for sure when it happened, but the egg is still viable for about 12 hours so even if it was yesterday evening you should be fine, everything crossed,

I'm looking forward to getting started again in October with a new donor. DP is trying this time

When your DP starts trying, you will have to pop over to my non-gestational mom thread. :thumbup:

I know this isn't really the place for this, but I know some of you have been through miscarriages before...

I seem to be having some complications from my missed miscarriage. It's been 3 weeks since my D&C and my hcg levels are dropping slowly... still getting positive pregnancy tests. I am also suddenly in a lot of pain and the doc I saw today says she thinks I have an infection (endometritis). I just started antibiotics and am waiting on the results of an ultrasound (the ultrasound tech wouldn't tell me anything). My doctors don't seem to have a clue and I'm feeling so worried and discouraged.

I'm terrified of getting really sick or having fertility problems from this. I could use some reassurance and encouragement.

Thank you. :flow:

nimyra firstly keep calm darl xxx you can some times get an infection which will clear up with antibiotics xxx when do you see some one again to talk about the results of the u/s

I guess someone is going to call me from the Ob office or I'm supposed to call if no one does.

HP-Definitaley looks like you O'd! Yay! As far as the rocky temps, is there anyway you could set an alarm to take your temp at the same time everyday? I set mine for 4:30 no matter what time I need to get up that day. That way it's always at the same time. I can go back to sleep though....if that won't work, I wouldn't worry about it. You can still see an obvious shift in your temps and that's what's really important.

Nimyra-I'm sure everything will be ok! I can't imagine what you're going through...Keep in mind that all kinds of crazy things happen, more severe than even an infection, and women still end up having more babies. Try not to let it get you down :hugs:

Nimyra, just wanted to offer my support and a big :hugs: I hope you can get some answers from your dr and that the physical pain goes away soon. Then hopefully you can start on the journey to get your body and mind back to what is normal for you. We're always here so please don't worry about posting, you're more than welcome to! :hugs: again x

Havnt been on in awhile, Im so sorry to hear your news Nimyra :( I think sometimes if they dont do D&C properly at can cause an infection, but don't know about further complications etc?

How do those of you who use a known donor go about meeting them? I don't know how I'm gona meet the donor come June, we used to meet at my sisters house, but she's moved house and doesnt live in belfast anymore, so dont know what we'll do! I always get a positive opk out of the blue, like today, so it's not as easy as just taking a bus to my sisters and getting him to meet there anymore, but cant afford to keep booking a hotel for 2 nights every month out of the blue! He isnt always free either, and it's too far for him to come down here twice, he has a motorbike, but it's a 2 hour trip each way, we met up 3 times over 5 days when I got Noah. Logistically it's a nightmare, as I'd have to bring Noah with me, but we have no-where to meet!

Honestly, Luna, meeting at a coffee shop and using instead cups in the bathroom is a valid option. I know it isn't ideal, but it still works.

Nimyra, I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that your healing is quick both your heart and body.

Luna, I understand how challenging your situation is. My hope for you is that you not need to rent a room much longer because you are good and pregnant. :)

Cheryl, I love that you've stuck around. You have such kind words to share and are always so uplifting and kind. I just wanted you to know that it is appreciated.

To all my ladies in the 2ww, I think I'm going NUTS. Tell me.....does every temp appear to hold an uncovered message and every twinge become potentially meaningful? Lol!!! We are in our downhill slope now but this week tends to be the week that everything that gives you hope may be AF and everything you believe to be AF could be far more. DW must be ecstatic that I have to go to the office for the next 3 days so I can't observe her every symptom. Lol!

I dont think he'd be up for that, he's nervous enough as it is lol I dont think we'll get as lucky as it working first time again either! Noah is a fluke baby! Unless I go to his house, but would have to travel over 3 hours each way over the space of a week, hmm

Leah- my FXd for you and your DW and congrats oh the upcoming wedding!

Luna- isn't it funny how men become so nervous about sperm when they know its for a baby, any other time they will "deposit" in a car, or in the shower. Btw Noah is so adorable in that little hat!!

I know! They should just get on with it, nevermind if anyone is near them! lol. may be slightly dodgey asking to rent a hotel room by the hour lol. I dont even think you can do it here, maybe I'll just hafta get a hotel room for 2 nights a month, and hope he can get to us a few times! We used a hotel with our very first donor and insemination, and it was a nightmare!! C is quite good though, we could book it and he could go to the hotel and see Noah, we could wait outside and eave him in the room, then I go bac in for the goods and he leaves! Noah can amuse himself n the floor while I do the insemination. Would be kinda cool if he was there when his brother (though hopefully sister!) is concieved! Timing will be a nightmare, though I was convinced timing was all off when I got him, so who knows! Just remembered I need to hunt out all my vitamins etc, havnt a clue where they are! Forgot there was so much to ths ttc malarky!

I know when I was looking at hotels some offered short term bookings of an hour or a couple of hours for "the business man or lady who wants to rest between travelling" :winkwink: you may want to look into that in Ireland :thumbup:

For the last 6/7 months that I tried, because I was having to travel 3/4 hours to the donor (there were none closer :dohh:) I had to do travel lodges, premier inns etc. First time I did it I was SOOOO nervous, I'd never stayed in a hotel, let alone to do THAT :haha::winkwink: Re timing, I used to OV anywhere between cd11 and cd 16, which I know compared to some women is a short window but for 1 of my donors, I'd give him an approximation of dates and then text him the morning of the smiley, around 8am and he'd confirm he was ok to donate 6pm that evening and I'd get in my car or on the train. There were some months, because I got the insems early I just knew I was out which can be frustrating. Hopefully once you get to know your cycles again, you may be able to work out timing.

Good luck :thumbup:

Leah, thank you so much, that was a lovely thing to say :hugs: yep, the 2ww can certainly send you a bit :wacko::winkwink: I was a serial symptom spotter :blush: and EVERY single twinge meant something, right?!?!?! Good luck to you too and all the other ladies getting donations or in the 2ww :dust:

Luna-What type of O range do you have? I O anywhere between cd13 and cd20 (although it might be cd21 this month...). We have been having our donor do 3-4 donations. We do them every other day starting when I start to see EWCM. That might help eliminate the last minute thing, but I know not everyone is comfortable with the every other day thing. Our donor only live 10 min away and is a good friend, so we are lucky in that department. He has been pretty weird about how many donations and how much notice we give. This month we just told him to plan on this day, this day and this day. Then when it was the day of and I didn't think my body was ready, we cancelled and said push those days back. That way he had a plan and it wasn't such a shocker on him. He actually offered to do one more donation as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->