Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Sorted my donor dilema. Was chatting to him last night and he said using his house is no problem, Noah sees him there sometimes, and my sis said she'll drive us up and back, and to pack a bag for Noah and leave it at her house so when I get an almost positive opk, I can just drop him round and get the next bus to Cs house! Im scared now tho, what if Noah feels put out by another baby? What double pram will fit on a bus since I dnt drive? My sis has no room in her car for another carseat, what if I cant establish bf cuz Im running round after Noah?! Maybe I should be thankful with the 1 I have

You could get one of those prams where the seats sort of go on top of each other?

mizcee-Thanks for the update! So glad to hear everything is going well :)

Luna-I'm glad you have the donor sorted out. I'm sure Noah will love having a sibling! What child doesn't feel put out by their sibling sometimes lol I'm sure there is a solution to the carseat thing...what do all the other parents with 2 kids do?

Welcome naaxi!
Leah- those temps are super pretty!
Cheryl and rainbow- sorry to hear of the icks! It will all be worth it when you get to hold your little ones...I will keep you both in my prayers.

I can't tell if I am having any legit symptoms because of that stupid trigger. I'm exhausted, came down with a cold, backache and cramping have been pretty steady, nausea on and off. DH feels super hopeful- I feel like we are already out. have 8 more days before we can test.- went for progesterone blood draw yesterday.

She has 2 kids herself tho, the 3 kids in the back in their seats,and us 2 in the front. Just wont be able to get a lift anywhere,asda etc when its raining! Ah well lol.

LEAH Congrats on the upcoming 10.15.13 nuptials!!! I looove that they passed a law there in your state. We are lucky to have been married for a while now, as we are near almost all the states where it is currently legal. Also YAY for those CHs!!!:dust:

JURY Hang in there Hun, I know more states will be coming around.... Federal cases being heard at the Supreme Court as we speak today! :dust:

OXYGEN7880 :wave: welcome and GL!:dust:

NIM :hugs: I am so very sorry for your loss Hun! Although I have my share of experience with MCs, an infection I do not. I do know that they can get right on it and hopefully it clears up soon so you can heal physically as well as mentally. We are all here for you Hun!:hugs:

LUNABEAN welcome back! Glad to hear that you were able to get things sorted with your donor. GL with TTC #2! I was a part and remember your journey with NOAH, and can't wait to follow your next LO!:dust:

NAAXI GL FXD! I hope you see some BFP results soon!:dust:

TTCRAINBOW nice to see you around agin. Yeah, I have to say, I think the Heartburn is some of the hardest to deal with. It is what gets me down on my best days these days. The pelvic girdle pain has been a killer for the last 3 wks, but I am so use to it. Hang in there, you are almost to the LO's date!!!

MIZCEE YAY for awesome U/S!!! So happy to hear all is going well with you 2! Ummm... we need to see a ticker Missy, get on that!!! :haha:

JURY Hang in there Hun, I know more states will be coming around.... Federal cases being heard at the Supreme Court as we speak today! :dust:

Yesterday was our 1 year anniversary for the legal wedding we had in New York. Can't wait until it will be recognized everywhere!

omfg woke up 7am to thickkkk snow anyway still snowing temp rose this morning looks like ovulated yesterday!!!! omg cd 20 and last did it cd 17!!! last cycle was cd 13 before that was cd 19 and this month cd 20!!!! its been only 10months of cycles since my dd. and I bought some pg decaff today so going back to decaff and semi skimmed milk and I am cutting out chips etc :( I have ordered 20 digi ov tests £24 amazon I am also going to took at some soy infusions wot do you think girls

I would stay away from skim/low fat milk products. They say low fat milk products have some kind of effect on fertility.

ican never read the lines other wise I would too lol xxx I get confused with them. and I have full fat milk lol and decaff tea. so im ok with that jury ?

Yeah, I would stick to that. Here's an article about the study...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/64192.php

I use the cheap opks until they start getting darker, then I use the digis. My cheapies don't always look positive...

They work well for me,thankfully! I cant wait to try again, Id start sooner if we werent going to Haven in jume!

Good plan jury and I will look into getting some cheap opks to use along side then :) saves the 20 pack and might stretch a few months. and what else do you girls use as its AI this time for me

TTCRAINBOW nice to see you around agin. Yeah, I have to say, I think the Heartburn is some of the hardest to deal with. It is what gets me down on my best days these days. The pelvic girdle pain has been a killer for the last 3 wks, but I am so use to it. Hang in there, you are almost to the LO's date!!!

Ah thanks. :) you haven't got far to go yourself now have you? Do you have any names sorted yet? I can't believe how quick it has come round. Pelvic girdle is possibly the weirdest pain I have ever had. I would never wish it on anyone ever.

A few things I think I forgot to mention when I tried to conceive.
I don't know if they helped or if it was purely luck that it worked that month with our little sticky but here they are.

Vitamin b6. I took one a day from first day of af. It's meant to help thicken the lining and a few people use it to lengthen their luteal phase. Worth having a look at as doesn't do any damage. But get the pure b6 not a multivitamin as you never know vitamin a could be hiding in there.

Progesterone cream. I only used this for a few days and rubbed it into my belly every 2nd night (did it for about a week) as made my skin feel weird, like I was putting on paint instead of cream.

I also tried to eat more natural vitamin a (not tablet form) ate a lot of edamame beans. I stopped having hot baths as it changes your body temp.

The best thing I ever used was the Clearblue digital fertility monitor as it gave me the 4 days prior to ovulation (I occasionally ovulated day 21 instead of my usual day 14/15) and it meant that not only was I able to know for sure that I was around ov time but meant I had 3 to 4 insems directly before ov) and it also fed my addiction to peeing on a stick as I got into such a habit of taking tests that I almost missed my bfp as I just assumed it would be negative as it had been that morning. It's about £70 in the uk but worth every penny to save the rushing around and hurrying to meet the donor in such a small window

Sorry I know most of you probably know all the tips but doesn't hurt to have them out.

Hi ladies. Hope everyone is well. I am feeling a bit blue today. DW said she feels like AF is going to be here soon. Her usual LP is 13 days and we're on 11dpo. I am still holding on to a tiny sliver of hope that she is being overly cautious and we can have a surprise bfp but I'm also afraid to be hopeful. Ugh. I don't like this part of the wait. So near to an answer and so far from it still. I think I'm going a bit looney.

Temps still look lovely Leah. Have everything crossed for you both xxx

Thanks Laura. I showed her the chart too and she said she's not convinced. I'm the more optimistic of the 2 of us so I suppose that it is my job to hold on to hope.

Leah- good luck girl!
Jury- happy anniversary to you and your DW. FXd for the end of DOMA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"