Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

She is here! Little KJ maid her grand entrance March 22, 2013@ 2:46 pm after 20 hours of labor and an emergency C-section. She weighed in at 8 pounds 22 ounces and measures 22 1/2 inches long. Mommy, Mama and baby are fine.

https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee382/kelleymartinez/image_zpsc588bee7.jpg

She is here! Little KJ maid her grand entrance March 22, 2013@ 2:46 pm after 20 hours of labor and an emergency C-section. She weighed in at 8 pounds 22 ounces and measures 22 1/2 inches long. Mommy, Mama and baby are fine.

https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee382/kelleymartinez/image_zpsc588bee7.jpg

Congs dia, she looks darling.

Well girls as you will that I got cross hairs this morning and I ovulatd on thurs and last donation was early Monday ! so am totally out! and it even says low on ff...so I am going to be using the clearblue fertility monitor clearblue digital ovulation tests and some conceive plus and also temping...I was thinking do I start donations when I get my first high incase he cant do day of positive opk? I have had to find another donor as the one I had wasn't reliable was in the beg but then couldn't be bothered to answer texts/calls.

With the monitor you should try and get a donation on the first day of the high fertility and every day or second day until the peak. Good luck.

Leah is your OH still feeling like AF is coming? I felt like that and got a bfn that morning but after lunch something just told me to take another test and it was a bfp! In just a few hours. Nature is blooming hard work, especially having to wait. Have everything crossed for you still.

friends,

i did my second insemination today (ov day). the first one was three days ago...
But I still feel anxiety because there were too much bubbles in the syringe...is it really normal? or did I do something wrong?:cry::cry::cry:

That's normal. Tip it up and gently tap it then push out bubbles. I never get rid of all of them, but it helps. Just make sure to push it in slowly, that helps with bubbles too I think.

There isn't much you can do about bubbles. Also it depends how much 'juice' you got in the syringe. We had a small amount one of our insem days n had more bubbles than normal but worked for us. Good luck.

We have the same trouble with bubbles.
I'm beginning to wonder if the donation looses too much warmth in the travel to our house...its only about a 7 minute drive, but do the swimmers die if they get too cool?
DH is very hopeful and excited. I am blue:-( was very weepy about it yesterday. I don't really think I'm having any symptoms- or the one I may be having could just all be in my head. its hard to go through this. I don't know how long I will be able to keep this up this round...the constant disappointments really puts strain on all the other parts of my life.

Hi ladies, im new to this part of the forum.

I have joined a forum to find sperm donors / co parents FREE..
i am thinking about going ahead with it using artificial insemination at home.

xx

Firechild30 I am only at the start of my ttc journey so can't pretend to know how you feel but just wanted to offer my support and really hope it all works out for you. This will be my first insemination and the charting, temping and opk testing is full on so it must be really hard to go through month after month. :hugs:

AFM I am currently on cd8. It is my first month and I am using the cbfm. It went straight to high on cd6 but I have read that can happen until it gets to know your cycle. I am also using opk's so I can hopefully pin point when ov is coming just in case the cbfm misses it this month, as can happen.

astito-I agree with firechild. Bubbles won't make the sperm not work or anything like that. The only concern with the bubbles is if air gets into the uterus, that's why I said just make sure you squeeze it in very slowly! The first month we had some cramping and I had wondered if it was from too much air. The next month we made sure to do it very slowly and there wasn't as much cramping. Don't get discouraged :)

firechild30-I would keep the donation against your body as soon as you get it until you are ready to put it in. When a man is being tested at the doc, they are told to keep it at body temp until they give it to the doc. So, I would try that. We have about a 10 min drive from our donor's house and I keep it in the front of my pants...

HA_x3-Welcome! Good luck!

Oxygen7880-I agree, I've heard the same thing about the monitors. I think it's def a good idea to be doing the opks too. I've considered using the monitor, but I'm not sure...

Trying to keep my feet firmly planted but have you ladies taken a look at my lovely wife's chart?!?!?!? It's is beautiful! She still thinks she is going to start but oh how I hope she's wrong. I am ready for this like I have never been before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->