Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I agree with Laura on that one waiting for af to come due Thursday/Friday

I've had a tremendously stressful month and a half. My OPK's and BBT never showed O but I still carried on and had 4 insems anyway, praying for a miracle. So far since I've started (Dec) i've been 30-35 days and had a + OPK each time until now. Finally last week, I made an appt. Had everything checked out and my bloodwork came back good but I did have BV. I'm not sure if this contributed to my problem or not? But he thinks I might have PCOS. Le sigh. My LH FSH and Testosterone levels came back ok but he wants me to come in when I get my next pos OPK to get a sono of my eggs. AF finally showed up at cd 46. This is so disheartening. I also have to get an x-ray of my tubes which will cost me, since my insurance doesn't cover any infertility related treatment. I am glad that my dr. is cool with my at home insems! And I'm elated that I haven't contracted anything from my two donors.

Meanwhile I've had the strangest AF of my life. So I'll just start testing at cd10 and see what happens. I emailed my donor and told him everything, asked for a couple of months off until we get back on track and I was SOOOO happy that he is supportive and willing to make this journey with us. I was feeling such dispair that he may not be patient enough to try to make this work since this will be harder for me than the other women.

So now I'm just in ttc limbo and I have no idea what to expect. But I have more hope now than I have in the last few weeks. I am praying for answers soon. I am considering acupunture, but not sure if I can use my flex spend money for this, so I will be looking into that. If any of you have any ideas, I'm all ears! :wacko:

And lots of :dust:

Babyforme, I'm sorry you have had such a crappy month :hugs:
I am only at the start of my ttc journey so not in a position to give any advice etc but I wanted to offer my support to you and I really hope you manage to sort things.
It's great that your donor will go through this with you. One less thing to worry about.
Claire x

Your symptoms sound a lot like some of the other girls I've heard that have PCOS, so that could be it. I'm sure it sucks when your body leaves you in limbo. The important thing is that you are getting answers. You will be able to have a baby!

We are onto our 4th month ttc and I am going to talk to my doc about getting tested and making sure everything is ok. When you have a limited supply of sperm, you don't have time to waste! I think it's good to be proactive...

I had my first medicated IUI with donor sperm a few days ago and I just wanted to stop by and say goodluck to everyone in this forum!

Anyone here in the San Francisco Bay area?

Update on me:

As of Thursday my hcg levels are down to 16 and I started AF (or something resembling AF) yesterday. My doctor says I probably didn't ovulate due to the elevated hcg and that it may be hard to predict ovulation this month, but I'm not convinced. I had ovulation like pain 2 weeks ago, so I'm thinking my body is possibly just carrying on as normal ignoring the lingering hcg levels.

I could be wrong, but that's my best guess based on what I'm observing.

In light of that, I think I'm just going to go for it this month and travel to my donor and do some inseminations and just hope for the best.

Worst case, I'm out some money for the airfare and motel, best case I'll get pregnant.

Either way I'll feel like I'm actually DOING something and not just taking this all lying down!

In general I'm doing good, body feels like it is healing, back on my vitamins and mood is fine!

So glad to hear you're healing and feeling better about everything! I really think we tend to know our bodies best, so hopefully you are right and your body stays on track. Good luck! Hopefully you'll see another bfp really quickly :)

In general I'm doing good, body feels like it is healing, back on my vitamins and mood is fine!

Really glad you're doing well and healing. Really hoping you get ur bfp. Baby dust for you.

Afm, Im cd16. opks still neg and cbfm still high. Had a donation last night. A little like you Nimyra...being proactive and just hoping for the best.
Really hope I get a positive/peak opk soon.

Hi ladies! I have been snooping around for a couple of days now and have finally gotten up the courage to post something. I now understand that what we are doing is a little unorthodox in the surrogacy world, but doesn't seem strange at all here. So this is our story. My husband and I have no interest in raising a child. DH's best friend since childhood is a happily married gay man and we are like family. J and B want nothing more in the world than to be great parents, but we live in Texas and adopting is expensive and difficult for gay couples. So, we are going to attempt IVI with J's sperm. I will carry the baby, obviously, and they will be the dads and we will be the aunt and uncle. I have learned a lot reading these forums and I can't wait to start this fantastic journey! I hope to keep you all posted in the coming months. I am already a charting demon and I ovulate like a machine so this should work right?

Monica.

Welcome Monica! Yeah, it may be unorthodox in the rest of the world, but believe me, all are welcome here. Good luck!

Out of curiosity, have you consulted with an attorney to make sure that there aren't likely to be any legal surprises to your arrangement? This is quite a legal grey area most of us are in.

Hi Nimyra! To answer your question, my FIL is a family law attorney in our hometown. He is ecstatic and will draw up our contract pro bono, of course. We are going to do our first insemination this winter. Right now I am just taking my vitamins, excercising and trying to make a nice place for my niece or nephew to hang out for 9 months. We know that we will see the baby all the time since we always do family holidays together. I am so happy yo give them the miracle of a family.

Monica.

Monica-That's amazing that you're willing to do that for them! Our bff is our sperm donor (he's married with kids). That's basically how we forsee our future, family like we are now...he will be uncle, kids will be cousins. I love the idea of blended families :) And I know we are so, so very greatful for our donor and will forever be indebted to them. It is such a wonderful thing to do for someone...Your friends are lucky to have you :)

hi girls well due af tomorrow/Friday and got lots of ewcm/creamy yellow cm hmmmmmmmmmm

Just wanted to chime in on this thread... my wife and I are TTC our first, and this is our first cycle. We're doing at-home insemination with donor sperm, and are super nervous, excited, scared, going-to-puke... hahaha.

It's encouraging to look through this thread and see some success.

I'm currently on CD2, so I have a ways to go... getting impatient and excited already, though, hahaha! :D

Fingers crossed for you MummyLou.

Welcome 2moms and good luck to you :thumbup:

MonicaB I think its amazing what you are doing :flower:

I'm cd 17 and still awaiting a positive opk *sigh* :coffee:

Welcome 2moms! I think the first month is scary/exciting for everyone! lol What's your plan of action? Where are your goods from (known donor, sperm bank, etc)?

Welcome 2moms! I think the first month is scary/exciting for everyone! lol What's your plan of action? Where are your goods from (known donor, sperm bank, etc)?

Hi :D

We're using a known donor... he was the best man at our wedding and a long-time friend of my wife's (and now mine :D ). He's been fantastic, and he's super excited for us.

I've been tracking my cycles for about six months... we're going to do every other day from when I think I'm going to ovulate until I'm fairly certain it's over. My cycles are a little strange, and I'm pretty sure I don't always ovulate. But we're going to give this a go on our own for a few months, and if we don't have success after six months or so, I'm going to meet with someone with some expertise to see if I'm the problem :p

It's super exciting, though, and I'm doing my best to stay positive and think good thoughts, because I know stressing myself out and worrying to death about my fertility isn't going to help :p

Good luck with your journey... maybe we'll both get lucky soon :D

When you say you are tracking your cycles, what exactly are you doing? If you don't mind me asking lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->