Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Leah-Relaxing is a good thing! Hope it gets you your bfp :)

The stick has smiled! Insem tonight and tomorrow. Feeling good about the timing. I want a BFP so badly. I hope this is our rainbow.

Yay for smilies! Good luck and lots of baby dust!

The stick has smiled! Insem tonight and tomorrow. Feeling good about the timing. I want a BFP so badly. I hope this is our rainbow.

Good luck Leah!

AF arrived for me last nite... Feeling disappointment but going to try & not wallow.. Doesn't do me any good. FS appt next week. At this point in time I'm willing to take any assistance they can offer us & spend every penny I make to pay for it!! I don't think I can keep doing this month after month. My OH is so optimistic about it all, i wish i had his optimism. all i have right now is a VERY loud ticking clock in my head! ; )

well looks like I ovulated Saturday - what do you think to the insem times... cd 9 cd 11 cd 13 cd 16 cd 19 and hoping for today cd 21. I put a radom temp in for tomorrow and that puts me at 3dpo tomorrow took it out again will see what tomorrow brings do you think ive had enough donations its been 19 days since bleeding started from m/c.

well looks like I ovulated Saturday - what do you think to the insem times... cd 9 cd 11 cd 13 cd 16 cd 19 and hoping for today cd 21. I put a radom temp in for tomorrow and that puts me at 3dpo tomorrow took it out again will see what tomorrow brings do you think ive had enough donations its been 19 days since bleeding started from m/c.

Mummylou, it sounds like you've had great timing. Just remember that it is less about quantities as it is about that one lucky swimmer. You done a wonderful job of giving the best possible outcome. The rest is out of your hands. :flower:

im excited in a way. my friend said to me today I have a very strong feeling you will be pregnant I neary fell off my chair lol I said we wil have to see she said you watch lol

Hi ladies :hi:

Wow mizcee, 17 weeks, that's flown by. I love that you're getting your bump and feeling movements, this is possibly the best time of pregnancy I think, no worry of the 1st tri and less tiredness, enjoy :thumbup: and we look forward to hearing the gender reveal if you feel like sharing :winkwink: enjoy the scan, it's a wonderful thing :cloud9:

Hi Cheryl, how is motherhood treating you? Have you recovered from the frightening time you had? Hope you have more energy this week and Deanna is giving you a chance to get some sleep at least :)

Need to rant. I just moved in with my OH and I went to register baby at the. Local gp. They won't let my oh register him even though she is on the bid certificate al legal parent. They said only the birth mother but I can't register there because all bills are in Oh names. I though the NHS was supposed to be unbiased. I even looked on nhs website and they said parents or guardians can register babies. It's ridiculous. I now have to wait a month and if the baby is sick I have to travel for over an hour to my old gp surgery.

Need to rant. I just moved in with my OH and I went to register baby at the. Local gp. They won't let my oh register him even though she is on the bid certificate al legal parent. They said only the birth mother but I can't register there because all bills are in Oh names. I though the NHS was supposed to be unbiased. I even looked on nhs website and they said parents or guardians can register babies. It's ridiculous. I now have to wait a month and if the baby is sick I have to travel for over an hour to my old gp surgery.

That is ridiculous and must be very frustrating for you. I can't see the problem at all in your OH registering your baby :dohh:

CD 15 here and still waiting on my smiley... last month it came on cd 13, but looks like we're delayed this month.

I had an insemination cd 13 and 14... not sure yet if I'm going to try to do one tonight or wait until tomorrow. (hurry up smiley...)

I'm using a new donor this month and finding the process emotionally exhausting. Does anyone else feel that way --- specifically when using a "new" donor?

Nimyra. We found to exhausting too. But it worked first time with the new donor for us. It was also the last month that we were trying before taking a break. Apparently for some people, their bodies reject the speed as they think its an infection but when they get a different sperm it works. Could just be a silly theory but when I heard it it made sense.

Nimyra I would really advise the Clearblue fertility monitor, it gives you the 4 most fertile days prior to ovulation and will mean you only have to pee once a day. It also help arranging inseminations with the donor etc in advance as our first month trying when we got a smiley using the normal opk the donor couldn't make that day. :-( or the next

Thanks for the tips... I'm soooo confused. I went ahead and got another donation this morning but smiley is still eluding me.

I'm still experiencing ovulation cramps so it is conceivable that I still haven't ovulated...

I'm testing like 4 times a day because I'm somewhat obsessed at this point. :wacko: I don't think it is possible that I missed the surge, but maybe I've messed up how the clearblue digis work from testing too much?

Thanks for the tips... I'm soooo confused. I went ahead and got another donation this morning but smiley is still eluding me.

I'm still experiencing ovulation cramps so it is conceivable that I still haven't ovulated...

I'm testing like 4 times a day because I'm somewhat obsessed at this point. :wacko: I don't think it is possible that I missed the surge, but maybe I've messed up how the clearblue digis work from testing too much?

Sometimes our surge is a little "late" too. I wouldn't worry about messing up the digis. We have spoken directly to the manufacturer and it is just a simple yes or no for LH detection. We reuse the display pieces so that we have one in each of our bathrooms. Just try to relax. The stress and worry could be what is blogging you down.:hugs:

Thanks Leah,

I think maybe I'm still waiting on ovulation. Only now I feel bad asking the donor to keep giving me donations if I don't have a smiley, so I think I'm just going to keep testing and call him if I get a positive and hope he's available.

I really hate this because my ovulation pains are so bad, which makes me cranky. I want to be in my 2ww already.

Apparently it is not uncommon for women to have super painful ovulations after miscarriage... and I wonder why. The last 2 cycles I've had really bad pains for like a week to week and a half building up to ovulation. so weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->