Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Firechild,

What tests have you had done already? How long have you been TTC with a donor?

I'm talking to a new local donor... he's sort of my last shot for local donors (no one else was even close to being a good choice for us). We still have the option of working with my previous donor but I'm scared of having another miscarriage and it feels safer to me to switch. If this doesn't work out, I'm tempted to go to a fertility clinic and look into what could be done with frozen sperm from a bank.

I feel guilty even saying that considering how huge of a believer I am in at-home insemination and using known donors... but I'm pretty emotionally exhausted from the process right now.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm out for this cycle. Disappointed of course.

Congrats Cheryl! She is absolutely lovely!

Nim- I have been tested for pcos, thyroid, cm infections, progesterone deficiency, and every routine blood and urine test they can think of. They discovered I have a lpd and prescribed clomid to keep my progesterone levels up after o, and to make me have a strong o. I have a blood test done every month on cd21 or 22, and for the last 3 months I have an u/s and trigger shot. The next step is more invasive testing...like hsg and scope tests- which I was very much hoping to avoid. We've been trying with donor about 7months- we've tried different size syringes, softcups, different vitamins and supplements, preseed. At this point I'm not even sure what to do.

Hi ladies! We are back for another round of get the eggy. :spermy: DW is finally feeling better and I am hanging in there as well. I have started my summer hobby. For the first time ever, we have our own yard. Plus our wedding reception is going to be here in October so I want things looking amazing. I suppose that my sprouts and seeds will be a wonderful way to occupy the 2ww. :thumbup: So....the fun starts with CD10 insems on Tuesday. Time to hang in for another ride. :flower:

well girls im cd 14 and just got tons and tons of ewcm cervix high and open wohoo lol donation tonight tomorrow did it yesterday.

lol leah yeah hoping so cant believe ovulating so soon after m.c that's a good sign surely

lol hun waiting for donation tonight and hoping that does donation tomorrow am sure he will though . im so excited stupid I know

Good luck leah and mommylou!

Starting spotting tonight :-(

: ( sorry about the spotting Firechild. Sucks doesn't it. Never gets easier. I'm 9dpo & trying not to look for symptoms. AF due 5th may. Have got some teeny cramping sensations occasionally & can't remember if they are normal for around this time of the month. Determined not to let myself imagine than they mean anything. Yesterday & today have become very moody.. Moody & irritable on & off.. & a bit depressed when the irritability hits too. So more than likely a decent sign that AF is only 4-5 days away for me....

Good luck to those trying to catch eggs in the next few days!

no one posted since 30th april how is every one ? im getting more fertile cm and doing well with donations my charts in signature x

hey everyone! im on here often checking up wishing and hoping for good news for you all!
jury is it time to test yet? did I miss a post? I kno I checked the other day and you were in the 2 week wait

all the best to everyone!

I actually started a new cycle on Tuesday....so, no testing for me! lol I actually didn't test at all this time. Just got my cd21 bloodwork results back today. They said it was low at 2.4 which indicates no O. However, I get positive opks every month and my temps show a shift...so, I'm thinking I O and levels are just low. Who knows...

How's the little one treating you? When's EDD? When do you get to find out what it is?

I actually started a new cycle on Tuesday....so, no testing for me! lol I actually didn't test at all this time. Just got my cd21 bloodwork results back today. They said it was low at 2.4 which indicates no O. However, I get positive opks every month and my temps show a shift...so, I'm thinking I O and levels are just low. Who knows...

How's the little one treating you? When's EDD? When do you get to find out what it is?

Jury, from what I see on your charts, your lh phase is getting shorter...If I were you, I consult a doctor to track my ovulation/follicle size etc...

things are going good! im due oct 5th im actually going in for the big ultrasound TOMARROW! we are having a gender reveal party Saturday afternoon so we wont know til then (that will be a super long 24 hours!) but the envelope with weather its a boy or girl will go straight to the baker after the appointment. I was just going to have a dinner with the cake, and my inlaws have turned this gender reveal party into a huge ordeal, im a little anxious! lol I keep reminding them this isn't the shower, but it makes me feel good they are all so excited. I am just starting to feel bb move and im just starting to show this week, so its all becoming much more real nowadays!

did the doc offer any advice to what you should be doing? more testing or anything?

Hi ladies :hi:

Wow mizcee, 17 weeks, that's flown by. I love that you're getting your bump and feeling movements, this is possibly the best time of pregnancy I think, no worry of the 1st tri and less tiredness, enjoy :thumbup: and we look forward to hearing the gender reveal if you feel like sharing :winkwink: enjoy the scan, it's a wonderful thing :cloud9:

c.30-How's it going with the new little one?! She's beautiful :)

mizcee-That's so exciting! We threw a gender reveal party for our donor and his wife. It was so fun! We were given the envelope and planned the whole thing. Such a fun way to find out :)

They didn't say anything on the phone, so I have to wait and talk to the gyno on the 13th. My lp has been getting shorter. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my unhealthy eating habits. I just started working with a nutritionist this week, so I want to focus on getting healthy and taking supplements to see if that helps solve the problem. Maybe even use progesterone cream. If that doesn't work after a few months, maybe I'll consider clomid. I'll wait and see what the gyno says though.

Hi All!!! Well we are waiting to get our smile or at least to hope we didn't miss it. DW has forgotten to pee on OPK until yesterday but I think we are still in the clear. Donations have been challenging with all of our schedule changes so today we wont be getting our CD14 insem but if I have learned nothing else in this process, I DID learn that having perfect timing doesn't mean that you are promised a BFP so I am just going with the flow. The last few weeks have been really challenging for me healthwise so I am making a concentrated effort not to sweat the small stuff and just keep a good attitude. I hope all is well with you ladies. I have been lurking and reading just not much to post. Anyway.....enjoy your weekend ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->