Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi how Is everyone getting on its been quiet in here Leah hows is all with u and dw xx

Hi how Is everyone getting on its been quiet in here Leah hows is all with u and dw xx

Things here are good. Just got crosshairs again so I guess we're 3DPO. However DW insists that she had ov pain night of CD12 so maybe she popped 2. One way or another we are both fairly sure this cycle is a bust.:shrug:

Haven't posted in awhile. We've been on a break. I needed some time to regroup. That last BFN pretty much broke me. Feeling better now, and excited to start trying again in Sept. I kinda miss it now. Peed on a stick just for fun today and got a smile. I knew I would. It's funny how in tune with my body I have become. It kinda bummed me out a little, like its a waste of a cycle. But I know we need this break. When I told my wife I was bummed about the smile, she said she'd be bummed if I turned up pregnant in two weeks. We both laughed, like I would ever do something like that behind her back, but it was pretty funny. Feels good to have a sense of humor about this whole thing again, its been awhile....

We did our first round of 50mg clomid this month. Pretty sure I O'd today. My body geared up really quickly. My cervix usually takes days to open and then is open for several days. This time it opened almost overnight and I got a smiley by surprise yesterday. Luckily our donor was able to do a donation last night and we are doing another tonight. Hoping we see a bfp soon...

Hey everyone... I have some news not related to ttc...

I applied for a new job about a month ago, a job I really really wanted. I just found out last night that I got it!!!!

It feels wonderful to finally have some good news after my year of tragedy.

In some ways it will actually be better if this isn't my bfp month, but I imagine I'd figure it out.

Congratulations Nimyra :happydance: that's great news!! :D

Does my chart look ok? I'm 15 dpo and temp still high. Ovulated cycle day 10 xx

Congrats Nimyra! Fab news! What kind of work will u be doing? A new job is always so exciting! (& nervewracking but in a good way!)

Congrats nimyra xxx

So, my friend said no to donating after a chat with his wife. I'm a bit gutted, but I would much rather him say no if he's not comfortable than go ahead with it. He said he doesn't feel he would be able to detach emotionally, which I totally 100% get. It hopefully won't affect our friendship, which is good.

Nimyra-I'm a teacher too! What are you teaching? I teach special education in high school.

Laura-I agree that it's better he is honest about it rather than you have a baby and all of a sudden he wants custody or something you didn't agree to. That's the one concern we have about our donor. Even though he says he'll be ok, I think we are all a little anxious about what will happen when we actually have a baby.

Mummylou- not sure about the chart but i have my fx for you!

Nimyra- congrats on the new job. You must be so excited.

Laura-although I know you must be disappointed, you have a good man in your life and that is such a gift. The fact he could see that he may have issues, discussed it with his wife and was honest with you speaks volumes about his character and your friendship.

Jury- I worked with DD teens and adults for years. One of my favorite jobs ever. It can be challenging but is by far more rewarding than difficult.

We are trudging merrily along. Been doing lots of yard work and such to pass the wait. Dw says she feels AF coming as she always does. I try to ignore it and have enough hope for both of us. Ironically, I think she always says that to keep me grounded. Lol!

Nimyra-I bet it's nice to teach at a junior college...more adult-like setting lol Congrats on the full time teaching job, I know what a relief a full time job can be :)

Leah-Yeah, I love it! It is so hard and sometimes I think about switching careers just bc you don't see a lot of large strides in their learning and bc of the paperwork/parents...but I really do love it. The kids are so sweet most of the time.
I do the same thing with DW. She gets her hopes up all the time and I'm always like, "I'm sure AF will show up soon, I doubt I'm preggo." She gets so mad at me! I just hate getting my hopes up lol

Got my donation today. We were short on time so I just inserted the softcup...hoping the lack of lying down won't be a problem :shrug:

Good luck DD, I think Emma tried the just soft cup and no lying down, your timing looks good :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->