Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Congratulations, Nimyra! That's so exciting! & I've got FX for you, Mummy... keep us posted <3

Sitting here waiting patiently on AF (due Thursday) so we can get this show on the road!

Hi everyone,

Hoping it's okay to join the group!

I have tried 3 IUI's using a donor from a sperm bank with no success. I have tried clomid, letrozole and gonal f pen. Thing's get costly so we have looked into the option of a known donor. We have found a wonderful person that we have actually become good friends with.

I am trying my first cycle like this in August. I will be using letrozole and the gonal f pen. I will be monitored by ultrasound and blood work by my doctor due to using the gonal f pen. She is wonderful!! It is illegal to do an IUI with a known donor without going through a donor registry... so she will follow us like we are doing an IUI and then when I trigger I will go on my way and do my home AI.

For this cycle due to using the pen the donor is going to come to us so we can do the home AI. If this doesnt work we are then planning on shipping the sperm due to him living 8 hours from us.

Just hoping to get some good info for doing the fresh AI at home. I am nervous and don't want to screw anything up.

Is it better to use the syringe or instead cup?
Do you take an certain vitamins?
Home long do I wait to do the insemination after he gives his donation?
How many insemination's did you do?
How many cycles did it take you to conceive?

Thanks ladies. Glad to have a group here for questions and support.

Not at all surprised that we have so many teachers in the bunch... we are a compassionate group.

Funny u should say that Nimyra, I'm not a teacher but I'm a nurse! However.. I did start a teaching degree when I first left school many moons ago! Then went travelling & never finished. I love 'teaching' though & am always involved in training & preceptoring new baby nurses or students that come on to my ward : )

Hi everyone,

I have tried 3 IUI's using a donor from a sperm bank with no success. I have tried clomid, letrozole and gonal f pen. Thing's get costly so we have looked into the option of a known donor. We have found a wonderful person that we have actually become good friends with.

I am trying my first cycle like this in August. I will be using letrozole and the gonal f pen. I will be monitored by ultrasound and blood work by my doctor due to using the gonal f pen. She is wonderful!! It is illegal to do an IUI with a known donor without going through a donor registry... so she will follow us like we are doing an IUI and then when I trigger I will go on my way and do my home AI.

For this cycle due to using the pen the donor is going to come to us so we can do the home AI. If this doesnt work we are then planning on shipping the sperm due to him living 8 hours from us.

Just hoping to get some good info for doing the fresh AI at home. I am nervous and don't want to screw anything up.

Hi and welcome :hi: quick post cos I'm currently feeding Deanna :D take a look at the link in Nimyra's signature, at the bottom of her post, that's a gret place to get some answers as well as this thread. Good luck :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

Hi and welcome :) We're also doing our first at-home AI in August. I hope that this is exactly what will work for you!

Our plan is to use a syringe and do the AI as soon as possible post-donation. Our donor is a friend of ours and will likely be spending the night, so we'll basically be doing it right away. We're going to try every other day until I O -- but it will really depend on how our schedules intersect. I've been taking a prenatal and extra vitamin D for a few months, and I'm going to be supplementing with evening primrose oil up until I O to help with CM.

Good luck, and glad to have you here <3

Hi girl did test yesterday in afternoon with standard cb normally cross one was bfn well I think I'm a 17 dpo n was only 15 dpo do obv not late yet so that wud be why it was a bfn also cause cb ain't as sensitive as sat frer I used a cheap 99 p one when found out in April but m/c'd

Thanks so much for the info glad to have you ladies to help!
I a waiting for CD1 so I can go into the doctor and find out my meds for this cycle, yay needles......

I a waiting for CD1 so I can go into the doctor and find out my meds for this cycle, yay needles......

When is AF due? If you're close to me, we can be buddies :p Haha... AF is due tomorrow for me.

When is AF due? If you're close to me, we can be buddies :p Haha... AF is due tomorrow for me.

AF is due in 2 or 3 days for me too -- so looks like there are a few of us cycling together!

Morning girls how is everyone doing well a.f for me this morning well bleeding anyway when wipe light but starting so do I wait till af is in full swing to class as cd 1. I am just in middle of talk with some ai donors and wondering if any one has some good tips on how to get successful eg soft cups with it in conceive plus etc

Hi Mummylou, sorry about your AF coming. I'd wait until you get a full flow to count it as cd 1.

Still in the 2ww here. Feeling impatient.

I can imagine I feel abit down but feeling good since talk with my donor he lifted my spirits hope ur ok xxx

I've still got a week or so yet, unfortunately I'm not regular so not sure exactly!
I'll be some what close to you guys but not right on.

Is anyone else taking medications?

HMMMMMM well since that little pinky stuff watered when wiped this morning nothing since n nothing inside tmi I know.....and temp still high sooooooo wondering if ive caught my self?

Mummylou, fingers crossed! Your chart looks very promising :) could've been implanting bleeding....?

Good morning everyone!

This morning I got a :bfp: on a FRER!

I'm having a good feeling. Last cycle I had a chemical pregnancy and I felt more fertile this cycle. I ovulated "early" on CD 13. I'm feeling pregnant... my uterus feels heavy, boobs are sore (haven't been sore in months and months) and I'm having heartburn.

I really hope this is my rainbow baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->