Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Help please!!

For all soft cup ladies that put it in AFTER syringing out there, how on earth do you insert it laying down?? I did it last night and (sorry for TMI!) It was a real struggle getting it back out again, I must've caught mself inside because there was blood on it when I took it out.

Do you put it in standing up, sitting down or laying down? I'm at a loss because I feel like if I stand to do it, the swimmers will all run out.

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry about them running out. Women get pregnant after one night stands in alleyways. Just pop it in however you are most comfortable. When I was TTC I used to lay down for half an hour or so, then sit up, put the softcup in and then off I went

Im back but still not quite ready for TTC, but i can officially say its NEXT month now! :thumbup:
I have been tracking my ovulation date (still without temping as yet) and feel pretty confident that i know my cycles quite well. Will obviously start temping if nothing happens. But just wanted to say good luck to all trying this month and as of 1st September i will be counting down the days.

Help please!!

For all soft cup ladies that put it in AFTER syringing out there, how on earth do you insert it laying down?? I did it last night and (sorry for TMI!) It was a real struggle getting it back out again, I must've caught mself inside because there was blood on it when I took it out.

Do you put it in standing up, sitting down or laying down? I'm at a loss because I feel like if I stand to do it, the swimmers will all run out.

Thanks in advance!

I put them in lying down, but I did have to google female anatomy diagrams so I could get my head about which direction to push it in :haha: Up and back is easy when you're the right way up lol

--- --- ---

AFM, well something's gone wrong somewhere this cycle. I'm supposedly 16dpo but definite BFNs and no sign of AF, just loads of creamy cm :shrug:

My post ov temps were unrealiable due to camping and it being freezing and wet lol.

Could be the soy that's buggered it up, could be the progesterone cream not helping...could be anything.

So whenever AF does arrive I'm just going to stick with high dose vit C and B100 complex and see what happens. Feeling like it's never going to happen for me right now :(

Day_dreamer... sometimes soy can do that. I'd lay off next cycle and see what happens. Someone on here had a crazy long anovulatory cycle on soy... forget who it was now...

Soy always boosted ovulation for me, but can do the opposite for others.

And just as an aside, this time around I got bfns the months I was on soy and a bfp while NOT on soy. So you never really know.

Either way, hope your cycle resolves itself soon, one way or another!

I had a 60 day anovulatory cycle on soy

I remember you saying that a few months ago. It seems to help more people than it hinders so I thought it was worth a try lol. Did your cycles get back to normal right away?

Yeah they went straight back to normal. And in fairness that was the maximum dose. I had a good cycle on a lesser dose the month before, but still had a short LP. It made no difference to that

leah how are you and your DW hope everything is ok ?
AFM no af and lots of signs but tooo scared to test so haven't done

Yeah they went straight back to normal. And in fairness that was the maximum dose. I had a good cycle on a lesser dose the month before, but still had a short LP. It made no difference to that

I guess it just doesn't work for some people. Just my luck lol

Now it seems to be a case of sit back and wait for AF to appear. It looks like an annovulatory cycle AND an missing-AF cycle, so I'm anticipating 60+ days too. Hrmph.

Well, ladies, it's time! Got a so-so-so-so-so close OPK tonight, and since our donor won't be available til after midnight tomorrow, we've decided to do an insem tonight when my wife gets out of work, then again Saturday morning. Expecting I'll O on Saturday, CD15, like last time! Nice! Even if its Sunday, I think we'll be good. No way to know for sure, but all signs are pointing to go! :) I'm so nervous, so excited, can't believe it's finally time... wow.

Okay. Deep breaths, and FX, and off I go :)

Well we officially have our first set of betas. The numbers from the draw on Tuesday at 4pm are 474 and this morning at 9 she was at 797. Almost double in 41 hours. I was a bit worried about the numbers because of the fact that they weren't over 1000. However, after looking at her chart and seeing where she is at based on when we think she ovulated (which is cd20) she would only be 5+3 instead of 6+1. In that case they are text book perfect. We did not end up having our ultrasound on Tuesday. Since DW was not feeling any discomfort and the physical exam went so well, Dr felt that he should wait. So....I guess we will see that everything is fine on Wednesday morning instead. I am ok with that. DW bb are throbbing and heavy, she is queasy, and her emotions are EVERYWHERE. Therefore, I choose to believe that all is well. :)

Well, ladies, it's time! Got a so-so-so-so-so close OPK tonight, and since our donor won't be available til after midnight tomorrow, we've decided to do an insem tonight when my wife gets out of work, then again Saturday morning. Expecting I'll O on Saturday, CD15, like last time! Nice! Even if its Sunday, I think we'll be good. No way to know for sure, but all signs are pointing to go! :) I'm so nervous, so excited, can't believe it's finally time... wow.

Okay. Deep breaths, and FX, and off I go :)

Congrats. The best thing you can do is to not take it all too seriously. Just relax and hope for the best. :hugs:

Everything sounds promising Leah! FX for you two :D I bet you can't wait for that u/s :)

We did our first insem last night...well, technically early this morning, about 2:15am.

... and then got a huge temp spike this morning at 6am.
... and then got a solid smiley on the Clearblue digi immediately thereafter.
... and then I got very confused.

Because I never got a flashing smiley, and I just got my first almost-positive OPK (LH strip) at 5:30pm yesterday, and then I got a definite positive on the digi this morning. And also because my temp usually rises more gradually after O. I often don't even realize it til the third day, when it's noticeably higher and I get my crosshairs. This huge spike is definitely unusual. IDK if it's because I didn't get much sleep (that usually doesn't make that much difference... check out the chart :p ), or because I O'd.

I'm so confused! Either our timing was just about perfect, or we missed it and we're out. Sigh. I have no clue! I'm going to take another cheapie dip-stick OPK this evening, and if it's still looking positive, we're going to try to get another donation early tomorrow morning, around the same time as today.

Any ideas what the heck is going on here?!

:wacko:

If you o'd this morning your timing is great. + opk means ov in 12-36 hours apparently xx

Keep in mind that sometimes your temp can spike for no reason -- just a fluke. So its more an issue of looking for a pattern, not just one high temp.

I think your timing sounds just fine. I'd do one more donation tonight for good measure.

Also keep in mind that you are supposed to have 4 solid hours of sleep to get an accurate temp...less than that can cause your temp to be higher. I also notice that you have an open circle, which means the time you put the temp in isn't at the same time you normally do it, so that could change it a little too.
Did you test with the digi at 5:30pm yesterday as well? Just curious. Your insem timing sounds perfect. I would definitely do another one tonight as back up. I would say the temp today is a fluke from either sleep, timing, or like Nimyra said random spike due to normal hormonal fluctuations. I'm guessing if you just got a positive on the digi this morning you will either O today or tomorrow. Therefore timing was perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->