Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Has anyone seen the preview for the show Generation Cryo on MTV? Seems like a reality show about a girl looking to find her "sperm donor" father. Starts at the end of November.

Ruby, sounds fascinating... I'm going to check it out.

So the fertility clinic said they'd be calling me by noon with my followup results. It's 11:30 and still no call, and they close at noon. I'm so scared something will be wrong.

I just did and they said they're busy with a patient and will call me back.

Grrrrrr

Just got the call back!!!

My levels on November 7 at 9:30am were 16...my levels today at 8:00am were 70.48!!!!!

They are MORE than doubling! I told the nurse how paranoid I am of a tubal pregnancy, given I just had the tubes untied 6 weeks ago, and she said if it was a tubal pregnancy, my numbers would be very low and slowly rising, not doubling in less than 24 hours, so she's fairly confident this pregnancy is right where it is supposed to be. According to betabase, the average level for 13dpo is 63, and mine are at 70.48 so a little over average.

I go back Monday afternoon for another draw.

Hi,

If you are still answering this thread. Just wondering, and hope you don't mind me being straightforward as I am considering a sperm donor and insemination, where did you do the insemination and how much did it cost? Did it work first time? I would like to go this route and have irregular periods but my hormone levels are fine. Many thanks for any advice. I tried to find you on Facebook but couldn't!

Hello, just saw your post about donor/insemination. If you are still around and happy to speak about the process and experience, much appreciated as I am thinking of doing this. Many thanks!

Just got the call back!!!

My levels on November 7 at 9:30am were 16...my levels today at 8:00am were 70.48!!!!!

They are MORE than doubling! I told the nurse how paranoid I am of a tubal pregnancy, given I just had the tubes untied 6 weeks ago, and she said if it was a tubal pregnancy, my numbers would be very low and slowly rising, not doubling in less than 24 hours, so she's fairly confident this pregnancy is right where it is supposed to be. According to betabase, the average level for 13dpo is 63, and mine are at 70.48 so a little over average.

I go back Monday afternoon for another draw.

Or they'd be sky high, mine at 18dpo were almost 3000, they thought tubal but turns out it was twins but one stopped growing early on, the other is now almost a year old lol

Welcome, Eloise!

As you can see there are 900+ pages of this thread at your disposal to peruse.

There are a large spectrum of women on this thread -- some gay, some straight. Some are doing at-home insemination with their male partners, most are using known donor (fresh sperm), some are using shipped sperm, and there may be one or two who used frozen sperm from a bank.

Mostly though, most of us decided to use known donors (either friends, relatives, or free sperm donors we met online). Some of us "graduated" and had at-home donor-conceived babies, many are still trying.

Please also check out the thread at the bottom of my signature block-- "At Home Insemination with Donor Sperm" which is just people posting their success stories and what they did (how they met their donor, how they inseminated, etc).

I would meet my donor either at my home or at their home (or sometimes at a close friend's home), they would do their business in a private room, and pass off the sperm to me in a clean container, leave, and then I would inseminate in a private room, rest a few minutes, and then be done.

Many of use use the softcup method, others prefer the syringe method.

If you are using a sperm bank, that is a whole different cup of tea, and you may want to get advice from your obgyn about the best way to inseminate. They will most likely recommend IUI since at home insemination with frozen sperm has very low success rates (~5% chance per month) I can be done... I've heard stories of it working, but it can be expensive to pay so much money every month for frozen sperm and only have a 5% shot each time. It is more cost effective to also do IUI to increase your chances to ~15%.

Using a known donor is FREE. It is illegal to pay someone for bodily fluids. However, it is common courtesy to reimburse a donor for any expenses he incurs since as gas/travel expensive, HIV/STI testing, etc.

Best of luck on your journey!

Glad to hear I'm (almost) for sure out of the woods for a tubal pregnancy. I'm at a higher risk because of the two surgeries I've had on my tubes.

Eloise, I'm single, and have done at-home insemination twice with a known donor. He is the biological father of my youngest daughter, and the baby I'm pregnant with now. All it cost me was travel costs (gas, train fares, etc). With both babies, we got pregnant on the first try.

Hi,

If you are still answering this thread. Just wondering, and hope you don't mind me being straightforward as I am considering a sperm donor and insemination, where did you do the insemination and how much did it cost? Did it work first time? I would like to go this route and have irregular periods but my hormone levels are fine. Many thanks for any advice. I tried to find you on Facebook but couldn't!

:wave: Hi Eloise! Welcome! We are still here & chatting! Come join us! :hugs:

Congrats on the BFP Brandi!

Congrats on the baby girl Nimyra!

Not a good day at all. Story is here. I just don't have the heart to type it out again

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...perm-after-tubal-reversal-2.html#post30419609

Brandi-It's so early to tell. That wasn't all bad, I don't trust ER doctor's with pregnancy related issues. One of my friends had lots of bleeding and was sure it was a miscarriage. The ER docs gave her no hope and got her worked up for nothing. She is 16 weeks pregnant now with a healthy little girl...Try to think positive! I know it's hard...

I'm trying to stay positive. The OB was fairly confident that this is a viable pregnancy with the way the levels are rising, so I'm trying to hold on to that.

Here's the whole story, including the ultrasound report:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...perm-after-tubal-reversal-2.html#post30419609

Brandi,
Of course they can't see anything yet it is wayyy too early!

You are probably just feeling your corpus lutum cyst, which is a good sign.

Try to relax, I'm confident all will be well. A scan in another week or two will reveal more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->