Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

BIG CONGRATS to you GrassRoots.

That's amazing news.

I should be on CD 12 today. BFNs so far.
Wasn't a great month for insems (low volume, patchy timing, no OPKs) so not getting my hopes up.

I was feeling a bit down (this is our 4th month) and hearing your news has given me a shimmer of hope.

Best of luck ladies.

Looking forward to hearing more updates GrassRoots.

Congrats on the new BFPs!

I think I saw on here awhile back someone posted the legal document they used for a known donor? I can't find it and don't remember who posted it. If you are the one who posted it, could you post it again? Or point me in the right direction?

Hello everyone!
I posted a few months back when DH and I were first thinking about at home insemination. In the last few month we have worked out a bunch of the hurdles. The biggest change I would say is that we have decided to go with a known donor. We are still working out details and I am terrified it is going to fall through! I am new to this and was hoping for advise. I have tons of questions like, where do you buy the sample cups and other supplies? Have any of you done this while taking Clomid? If so, how long did it take you to get PG? How did you handle the legal issues? How involved is/will be your donor in your baby's life? Do/will they know they have a donor?

Gingmg, out of curiosity, what did you do in the end?

I'm starting home insemination soon with a known donor, just trying to finalise the donor agreement. I'm in the UK so we're protected by my civil partnership but we all, donor included, want a bit of reassurance by writing down our expectations.

Juniper, hopefully I'll be trying in a few weeks and I haven't bought my supplies yet! I really need to. I've got some conceive plus ordered but only because I put it in my Amazon bulk buy to get 5% off. I'm looking for syringes now, I understand they have to be latex free so I'm just looking for them. And I need sample cups for my donor to use.

I'm trying to plan logistically. He lives an hour drive from me and I've said that since he's doing us the favour, we'll drive to him but that's going to mean hiring a hotel room. Which will work out expensive over time! We might get the knack of it and just start using public toilets etc but I'll see. Hotel first time, just for comfort.

Burr- I was looking for a friend, who is now all set. Good luck!

Hi ladies i'm new to all this.... and my first question is how do you go about finding a clinic and talking through your options of artificial insemination?? xx

I personally didn't go through a clinic. I looked at a donor classifieds website and found my donor. He donated for my youngest daughter, and this baby.

Here is Freckle at 13w2d

Attachments

• Freckle13w2db.jpg
    Freckle13w2db.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi ladies i'm new to all this.... and my first question is how do you go about finding a clinic and talking through your options of artificial insemination?? xx

None of us are going through a clinic... Hence the "at-home" donor insemination.

Some of us found known donors, others used a sperm bank. Please check out the thread in my signature for details.

I can't believe my lil girl is 1 on Saturday :(

I've been thinking her birthday must be close! Are you doing anything? I can't believe Deanna's is less than 3.5 months away :wacko:

I'll say this early in case I don't get back in here, Happy First birthday Aubree, I hope you and mummy have a wonderful day :hugs: x

I can't believe my lil girl is 1 on Saturday :(

I've been thinking her birthday must be close! Are you doing anything? I can't believe Deanna's is less than 3.5 months away :wacko:

I'll say this early in case I don't get back in here, Happy First birthday Aubree, I hope you and mummy have a wonderful day :hugs: x

We have a cake smash photoshoot tomorrow (will post pics when I can) and we're all going out on Saturday xx

Can anyone tell me something positive about inseminating on the day of ovulation!?

I thought I was due to ovulate on Saturday so was planning to do an early insem tonight and one Saturday morning. Then last night, I got a positive OPK by surprise, still there this morning and have just had ovulation pain. I'm going to meet my donor tonight to inseminate, so it will be my only go this month.

I know it's better to have sperm waiting but it's not impossible to catch if you inseminate just after the egg has been released is it? Has anyone had any success with this?

Just my luck - first month of trying, after a lot of temping, opking etc to know my cycle and it throws me a curve ball of early ov! Bloody ovaries! Next month, I am going to plan an insemination early, on day 10 or something, regardless of those blumming 'advanced' clearblue sticks, which totally didn't predict this early ovulation.

It is very quiet on this thread at the moment, hope all is well with everyone.

Day of O is absolutely fine, there was even someone on here who had a son after inseminating the day after. Good luck :dust:

I believe the egg lives for 12-24 hours after ovulation, so it's definitely still possible. It all depends on when you actually release the egg, how long it lives and how quickly the sperm travels. It could definitely still work!

Thank you both! I know it's technically possible but good to hear it's worked out for someone else.

Did everyone else find the encounter really awkward? The idea of meeting a random man, asking him to perform in a hotel room then popping up to use his sperm?! We could barely make eye contact!

Our donor was a friend of ours and it was still awkward lol It got better with time, but I don't think the awkwardness every went completely away. I'm impressed these guys can perform knowing we are nearby and know what they are doing in there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->