Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Welcome middleeast. You are not alone. My hubby has the same problem as you - performance anxiety ED?

Good luck to you.

Hi lilaclily,

Thank you and I am sorry you did not have luck this cycle, you have to stay positive.

Did you get sperm analysis for your DH? I did mine just to make sure nothing is wrong with them.

So sorry for all the BFNs, those are the worst! Still following along and sending so much baby dust to y'all!!! I love checking in and seeing this process work for everyone, it's all just a matter of time and I believe we'll all be holding babies in the very near future! <3 <3

I'm a little over eight weeks today, haven't updated since I got my BFP! Things are going well here, although I do feel very very sick (can't eat anything!) and tired all the time, I'm trying to focus on the positive and knowing that's a good sign of a healthy pregnancy, even if it's truly miserable. My first midwife appt is next Thursday so I'm anxious for that and praying I can hear a heartbeat! I will be able to relax a lot if so.

So glad to hear things are going well grassroots! Sorry you're so sick, but you're right, just keep thinking of it as a good sign :) update after your midwife apt please!

Thanks for the good wishes and the positive story…. we are hoping for this cycle to work but I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up >< So hard not to do.

Hi :) I hope someone can help us with something. My partner and I are going to ttc in May. Because we are a same-sex couple, and we would prefer to use an anonymous donor sperm, we are going to have sperm shipped from a Denmark sperm bank (to the UK) and try it once. If that fails, we will go to a private clinic (Manchester or London) to try IUI.
I have an enormous faith on our first try...maybe that's just naive of me :x
Because we would like to try 3 vials/inseminations on that cycle, we were planning on ordering 3 vials - which will be expensive. I read somewhere that the sperm should be at least MOT20 to work. Each vial is 250 euros, plus shipping it (220 euros).
Do you think we could get 2 vials MOT20 and 1 vial MOT10, even though we are going to try home insemination?

Thank you for your kind attention :)

Hun will the bank even ship to a home address? Most of the time they will only ship to a registered clinic

Some clinics here will ship to a home address, but require a massive deposit. Not sure if it's the same elsewhere.

Yesterday, I had an ultrasound and found out that I am Team Blue!!!! :happydance:

I'm so incredibly happy that my son will not have to grow up as the only boy in my house anymore. He doesn't know yet, none of my kids do...well, here and private Facebook groups know, but it won't be public until the gender reveal next week.

+OPK today and donor let us down. Absolutely gutted but will just have to wait for next cycle now. Don't know whether to stick with him or try and find another donor. He says he's unavailable for the rest of the week too. I just think if he was going to be unavailable all week he should have let us know before so we didn't get our hopes up

This clinic ships to our home address, or any other adress inside european union. I'm not sure I can write the name os the bank, but if you google "Denmark sperm bank", it will be the first result.

Hun will the bank even ship to a home address? Most of the time they will only ship to a registered clinic

The bank my OH and I use ships to our apartment :) overnight or 2 day shipping. Maybe our bank is just weird though.

Hi Maf!!
First, con grads on starting the journey - I'm new too.
I don't have any MOT advice but you could consider only using the couple inseams. My OH and I are doing 1 insem a month for a few months (hopefully we have a bfp sooner than later but ya know…) Is the goal in your situation to not pay shipping fees multiple times?

Regardless I hope someone else can answer your question :) And of course best of luck to you and your OH! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->