• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

how r u trying to insemination ?

*waves hello*

Hello out there! Anyone remember me? My wife and I started TTC in August of 2013, using a known donor. We did eight cycles with no luck, and then our donor bailed. We took some time off to regroup and find a new donor, and we are hoping to start again next cycle! This time, armed with my first dose of Clomid :wacko:

Let the games begin (again)!

<3

How's everyone? I'm sure I missed so much!!!!

Hey guys, new posting on here. I've been married for 7 years tmrw so us starting a family is long overdue (he is infertile). I have been doing at-home inseminations with sperm donors off/on for over a year. The first donor I used maybe 4-5 months off/on, but I usually traveled 30 mins home so I don't think it ever worked because I was waiting too long. The 2nd donor I just used for September/October, but only got 2 donations in for the month of September and 1 donation for October. Neither worked. This month I have a new sperm donor and I got 4 donations in and it was fresh- inseminated right after he did his business. I'm really hoping this is our month!! I feel really good about our donor so I'm excited :)

Good luck to all the ladies out there!! I hope we ALL get our BFP's soon!!!

*waves hello*

Hello out there! Anyone remember me? My wife and I started TTC in August of 2013, using a known donor. We did eight cycles with no luck, and then our donor bailed. We took some time off to regroup and find a new donor, and we are hoping to start again next cycle! This time, armed with my first dose of Clomid :wacko:

<3

I remember you.. do you remember me?! Looks like both of us had to get a way for awhile. that and my computer decided it lived long enough haha.. But well start trying in Jan 2015. Hoping that will be there year for us. How have you been?!

*waves hello*

<3

I remember you.. do you remember me?! Looks like both of us had to get a way for awhile. that and my computer decided it lived long enough haha.. But well start trying in Jan 2015. Hoping that will be there year for us. How have you been?!

Hi!! I do remember you! So exciting that we'll both be trying again soon!! Do you have a donor all set up? I'm hoping this is the year for us both, too.

I've been doing okay. Losing our donor was a huge blow, but we have a new one (just waiting on his STD screen, then we can sign our contract and get going), and I'm hoping this works out. We've had some disappointment with prospective donors since losing the first one, so I'm prepared to be let down again, though I'm hoping for the best.

We have a bank as a backup plan, but they're expensive and less likely to work, so I'm hoping we get the fresh stuff :lol:

Hey guys, new posting on here. I've been married for 7 years tmrw so us starting a family is long overdue (he is infertile). I have been doing at-home inseminations with sperm donors off/on for over a year. The first donor I used maybe 4-5 months off/on, but I usually traveled 30 mins home so I don't think it ever worked because I was waiting too long. The 2nd donor I just used for September/October, but only got 2 donations in for the month of September and 1 donation for October. Neither worked. This month I have a new sperm donor and I got 4 donations in and it was fresh- inseminated right after he did his business. I'm really hoping this is our month!! I feel really good about our donor so I'm excited :)

Hello and welcome! How exciting for you!! FX that this is your month! Are you in your TWW? How are you feeling??

Oh, boy... we're meeting with our new donor today at 3pm to sign the contract, and then we're (hopefully) good to go. Thinking I'll O on Sunday, but I'm a bit irregular anyway, and Clomid can mess with your cycle, so I really don't know for sure.

Trying to be cautiously optimistic. Nervous. All of that stuff I remember from last time. Had to run out for OPK's yesterday -- thought I had a bunch left; turns out, I don't.

Whoops.

Here we go...

Hi 2moms to be.
Can I ask how you found your new donor?
Was it easy?

Hi 2moms to be.
Can I ask how you found your new donor?
Was it easy?

We got lucky... a friend of mine knew that we were looking again, and she knew someone she thought might be interested... and he was! So it was really just by chance. We did look on knowndonorregistry.com briefly, also, though nobody there really struck our fancy.

Hello and welcome! How exciting for you!! FX that this is your month! Are you in your TWW? How are you feeling??

Sorry didn't see your reply! I just took a test last nite (after being around 5 days late) and got a BFP!!! Took two other tests this morning including a digital and both are positive! I'm super excited!

Sorry didn't see your reply! I just took a test last nite (after being around 5 days late) and got a BFP!!! Took two other tests this morning including a digital and both are positive! I'm super excited!
FONT="Arial"][/FONT]

Wow congratulation Horrorfan that is great news I'm so pleased for you wish you happy, healthy 9 months.

Girls if you don't mind me to ask what do you actually use ?do you use syringe or soft cup ? I start ttc on November for my first time and I used syringe but I was so worried if I damge it .
My donor is only able to help us once a month so I do not think it will work for me this month. Waiting for my next cycle to start soon .
I think I need to keep searching for a donor who is willing to help more than once a month to try improve my chance to get pregnant especially that I'm 36 :(

I wish we ALL have our BFP soon xxx

How awesome!!! Congrats Horrorfan!!!! :D

Sms- If this gives you any hope at all, my donor was the same way when trying for this one back in August. His work schedule became so hectic, he could only show up once a month. The month we were able to meet, we found out he would be out of state on business for a few months! He requested an early lunch and met us at our home, provided his sample and headed back to work. It was the day before I was expected to O. I inseminated and hoped/prayed.... it worked! :)

I used a syringe for both donations that resulted in a bfp. I never could use a soft cup correctly, I would always end up spilling most of it. :blush:

I hope this gives you hope if you continue with your current donor. If you decide to explore others who can give you more opportunities to try, then absolutely go for it. Wishing you all the best and a bfp soon!!

I never used a soft cup- using syringes everytime. This cycle I didn't use pre-seed. Only thing I really did differently this time was I used a different donor (he had no scheduling conflicts). I cut out caffeine completely. I got the samples fresh- he went in the bedroom, did his business, handed me the cup and I went in the bathroom and inseminated. Laid there for 30 mins to an hour. Excuse me if this is TMI, but I also made myself orgasm two out of the four times right after I inseminated (as I heard it helps the sperm swim up there). If you have any questions on what to do, let me know!

I hope that my insemination worked yesterday but just to be sure I inseminated today as well . I really hope that after 5 years I will finally have another child to hold. :) and I do syringes only. the soft cups seem to irritant me so I avoid them.

Thank you so much girls for your advice I really appreciate your support :D my FM started yesterday so here we go hoping the best for this month just Hope of getting pregnant soon as I'm worried about my age 36 :(
I hope I did not waste 9 years With IVF and medicine using my husband sperm which been told it is not going to work. I wish I went to the sperm donor route earlier.
I'm sorry to be annoying today I really hope I will be a mam soon.
I wish you all the best 2kidsplusttc3 I hope this will be your month.:baby:
Baby dust to All of you :baby::baby:

Thank you so much girls for your advice I really appreciate your support :D my FM started yesterday so here we go hoping the best for this month just Hope of getting pregnant soon as I'm worried about my age 36 :(
I hope I did not waste 9 years With IVF and medicine using my husband sperm which been told it is not going to work. I wish I went to the sperm donor route earlier.
I'm sorry to be annoying today I really hope I will be a mam soon.
I wish you all the best 2kidsplusttc3 I hope this will be your month.:baby:
Baby dust to All of you :baby::baby:

awe my mom was 35 when she had me and I was perfectly healthy. I am praying and hoping you get your :bfp: soon!!!

and thank you!!!! I am really hopeful for all of us.

Congrats HorrorFan!! How exciting!! :thumbup:

Got my + OPK this morning, so we're inseminating tonight and then tomorrow morning. We actually ended up using a bank this cycle, as our donor's test results won't be in until tomorrow at the earliest, and we didn't want to chance it. Glad we had a back-up plan!! If his results come in, we'll probably ask him for a donation on Wednesday, just to cover all our bases, since my LH surge tends to be long.

Never used "goods" from a bank before LOL it's quite different.... but we'll figure it out.

We almost had a catastrophe with our tank when we picked it up on Friday hahahaha.... typical for us.

FX for everybody trying this cycle!

Hi does everyone in here do AI or does anyone do NI?

There was a lady who conceived twice, I think, using NI. If you look back through the thread you may be able to find her. Did you have questions?

Hi does everyone in here do AI or does anyone do NI?

There was a lady who conceived twice, I think, using NI. If you look back through the thread you may be able to find her. Did you have questions?

yeah I was just wondering what I need to get checked out etc, obviously std checks and contracts and how health is, I am just wondering what else I would need to check as I am all new to this side of it if I go for NI. Anything I am missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->