Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have been trying insemination for a year now, last year we used a donor with no success, and this year we have just finished one cycle with a new donor who has provided all of his tests to prove the sperm is above average. My partner (who will be carrying the baby) has had tests and ultrasounds to show that her body is ready for a baby also, we have tracked her ovulation accurately.
We thought it might have worked this time as my partner has been sick in the mornings, tired, really moody, slight stomach pain. She has started to lightly bleed today, so it appears it may have not worked.
I am wondering if you could make some suggestions?
We get the donor to deposit into a sterile jar, then about 5 minutes later, I put the sperm into a 10ml syringe, just as my partner is about to orgasm, I insert the syringe and slowly insert the sperm. Then a couple of minutes later, I slowly remove the syringe and my partner lays with her hips elevated for 15 minutes.
- Is it normal to have a little leakage when removing the syringe? How can this be avoided?
- How do you know the syringe is in enough? I put it in as far as it goes (without touching the uterus)
- Should we be waiting for the sperm to “liquify”? If so, how is this noticed?
- Is 15 minutes enough to be laying down for?
- Is a soft cup more successful?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have been trying insemination for a year now, last year we used a donor with no success, and this year we have just finished one cycle with a new donor who has provided all of his tests to prove the sperm is above average. My partner (who will be carrying the baby) has had tests and ultrasounds to show that her body is ready for a baby also, we have tracked her ovulation accurately.
We thought it might have worked this time as my partner has been sick in the mornings, tired, really moody, slight stomach pain. She has started to lightly bleed today, so it appears it may have not worked.
We get the donor to deposit into a sterile jar, then about 5 minutes later, I put the sperm into a 10ml syringe, just as my partner is about to orgasm, I insert the syringe and slowly insert the sperm. Then a couple of minutes later, I slowly remove the syringe and my partner lays with her hips elevated for 15 minutes.
- Is it normal to have a little leakage when removing the syringe? How can this be avoided?
- How do you know the syringe is in enough? I put it in as far as it goes (without touching the uterus)

Thanks in advance.

You can check out my journal in my signature if you'd like, I literally gave every step we took.

I avoided the syringe and specimen cup this last try, and had him deposit directly into the softcup. I didn't even wait, inserted it as soon as we got it, then got her to O. She laid with her hips up for about 30 minutes and we got our BFP.

I wouldn't wait for "liquefication", I was told immediately. Good luck!

I have two babies born through at home insemination with donor sperm, both conceived on the first try.

Both times, he made his deposit into a cup and within 5 minutes, I sucked it up into a syringe and inserted the syringe as close to the cervix as I could possibly get it, then released the deposit.

The first time, I elevated my hips then orgasmed right away, and laid there for 20 minutes. Then I got up, put a pad on, and went about my day. Two hours later, I showered. 10 days later, I got my BFP. My daughter is 3.

The second time, I went to him so I wasn't able to orgasm until I got home, which was almost two hours later. I put a pad on immediately after depositing the donation, drove home, elevated my hips, then orgasmed. I went about my day and showered that night.

BFP 10 days later. He is two weeks old.

I used the same donor for both.

Klkt - We tried a combination of methods in the five months it took us. The month I got my bfp we only used a softcup. We did inseminations the two days before ovulation. Both days I had to run home from work because it was the only time my donor was available, and return immediately. So I didn't even get a chance to lay with hips raised as I had in previous months. I had written that month off thinking there's no way it worked. So you never know! I believe so much of it is fate :) just stay positive, it'll happen!

Edison - I've been silently stalking your story and don't think I've congratulated you ladies yet! YAY!

Mummylou - A huge congrats to you too!!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Hi :wave:

I used a 10ml syringe and I think a lot of people do, I inserted as far as it would go which was far enough.
Leakage is perfectly normal (as it would be after sex), I used a softcup for extra reassurance (kept in overnight but there was still some left in cup when removed) but as has probably been mentioned, others have just used a pad and still had success.
I'd say 5 minutes was perfect timing
I laid down for an hour but some don't lay down at all

How is your partners EWCM? I drank 1.5 litres of water to make mine more fertile and I also used preseed which closely resembles EWCM. I think I've heard of pregnacare helping some women conceive, it didn't help me. Are you getting donation day of OV, day before, have you tried alternating the donation day

It took me 10 months (MC) and 11 months of trying to have my daughter and it was 15 months from the start of TTC so I know how hard this journey can be. :hugs:

Mummylou, HUGE congratulations :happydance: a very happy and healthy 9 months and beyond to you :thumbup:

Thank u c.30 and mrsraben my LO is 4 and half months and this will be 3 children I have that have birthdays in April x

Suppose, I did not even know how to o? Would this method still work for me?

I'm new to this forum and have been closely reading all the posts of many people. I am married women to a man I love but unfortentely he has infertility problem.
I want to thank everyone in this post for posting their stories it does give me hope that the dreams can come true and I can be a mum one day hopfully .i have to admit some stories made cries of and over the moon with success .
We have been looking for the AI home donation for a while but we are really struggling a decent person which is actually willing to help through AI ONLY for as long if does take and I have been let down countless of time.
Can you please help me or advice me what or where I can go .I registered into pride angel website a few months ago without any luck .
Many thanks for your help and support .
Wish you all a cloud of baby dust

:hi:

Is it only pride angel you're registered with? Another site I used is pollen tree and if you google sperm donor website, or similar searches, you'll find more.

Are you willing able to travel or to pay for the donor to travel to you? That may widen your search. There are SO many 'donors' in this 'game' for the wrong reason; yes they will try their luck for sex :dohh: BUT there are also SO many lovely, genuine donors too. Being let down is part of the process as well I'm afraid but don't give up hope. I think I tried with about half a dozen donors before I got pregnant with my daughters donor. It is a tough process but keep looking at different websites and hopefully you'll find a good donor (or 2, it's always good to have backups if possible. Good luck.

Hi C30 thank you for your advice.
I would like really to register my admire to all of you girls with this hard procee you had to do to find a donor :thumbup:
I have no issue to pay for the travel cost which I mention on my profile .
I do live in West Midlands in uk which not a lot of genuine donors you can find.
I have a Question please have you all asked about DST tests before dealing with any donors?
I have taken your advise and register to tree pollen today after your message .looking forward to find my right donor soon hopfully

Hi everyone is gone so quite here I hope you all getting your Pfb soon .
I'm still struggling to find a kind donor how is willing to help us.
So worried about my age and I could hear my clock is ticking specially with law AMH .

I have not asked for the test but my donor was already tested thru the clinic when I was going for IUI, which failed twice. I plan to use him again to see if home insemination may be better.

*waves hello*

Hello out there! Anyone remember me? My wife and I started TTC in August of 2013, using a known donor. We did eight cycles with no luck, and then our donor bailed. We took some time off to regroup and find a new donor, and we are hoping to start again next cycle! This time, armed with my first dose of Clomid :wacko:

Let the games begin (again)!

<3

How's everyone? I'm sure I missed so much!!!!

Good luck 2mom.

Doing fine over here- I've been keeping busy with work these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->