Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Just be aware that AI is just as effective and just as safe hun. But it's resonate preference all the way x

Ugh. No idea what's going on with this cycle. Took my Clomid CD5 - CD9... had two days of high temps right around O... FF is telling me that I ovulated CD15, but I didn't get my + OPK or fertile CM until CD16! And then I had a bigger temp jump. I've always had good luck with OPK's in the past, never had an issue with them. I did have two days of awful sleep on CD16 & CD17, but that's not unusual for me, and it's never made my temps go that high pre-O.

I'm wondering if I completely missed my O, since we did AI on CD16 & CD17, and I assumed I O'd on CD17... :shrug:

Anyone have any thoughts? UGH UGH UGH

Ugh. No idea what's going on with this cycle. Took my Clomid CD5 - CD9... had two days of high temps right around O... FF is telling me that I ovulated CD15, but I didn't get my + OPK or fertile CM until CD16! And then I had a bigger temp jump. I've always had good luck with OPK's in the past, never had an issue with them. I did have two days of awful sleep on CD16 & CD17, but that's not unusual for me, and it's never made my temps go that high pre-O.

I'm wondering if I completely missed my O, since we did AI on CD16 & CD17, and I assumed I O'd on CD17... :shrug:

Anyone have any thoughts? UGH UGH UGH

Don't worry, O+1 is ideal timing, as it takes about 24 hours for the egg to travel down Fallopian tubes and meet sperm - that's why iui is done 36 hours after the injection to make your ovaries release the egg. I only ever concieved on cycles where we BD'd on o+1 (it took me over a year to work that one out!). I'm pretty sure it's because I have PCOS and so don't get a lot of EWCM, so the sperm doesn't survive for very long inside me x

hello all!
been reading this forum for what feels like ages! (currently on page 925)
my wife and i are planning to start ttc in march, hopefully. so right now just trying to get a really solid feel for my cycle as i will be the one carrying.

had a question i'm hoping some of you ladies might be able to help with.
i've been temping, taking opks, and checking CP & CM. this morning i got dotted crosshairs on FF showing i ovulated on CD13 based on my temps (which admittedly are erratic). but i got a negative opk on CD13 in the evening, and a positive opk on CD14 in the am, but negative in the evening. based on that, i would've guessed that i ovulated sometime during the latter part of the day on CD14...

i'm confused.
we are going to be using frozen sperm & doing at home AI... considering how expensive it is, i want to be as sure as possible when to do the insems. the bank says to do it 12, 24, 36 hours after the positive opk, but based on my temps that's a full day after i would have ovulated....... help?

Welcome Jgo! Honestly it's a tough one especially with how expensive those swimmers are! Part of the reason why we went with a known donor honestly. I'd honestly order and get the sperm earlier rather than later. If you consistently get positive OPK on a certain day I'd have it ready to go by then, so order for CD 13 if you get positive on CD14...it's different for everyone and I'd rather inseminate early since they can live for up to 5 days inside you! We inseminated I think 4 and 3 days before our positive OPK and that was the cycle we got our bfp. I'd be a little early because if you miss the egg there's no chance, but if you're a little early there's still a chance. Good luck! If you want you can browse my TTC journal in my sig. We didn't use frozen sperm but I did it all from home so it may help. Good luck!

PS it's my understanding that you can have the tank home for about 48 hours without thawing right? So that gives you two extra days if your positive OPK comes a little later :)

the tank will hold for 14 days (but only 7 days are free before the start charging rental fees). the frozen ones apparently have a slightly shorter lifespan then fresh ones so i'm trying be very specific about the timing.
the two months that i've actually used opks (october & this cycle) both times the positive was on CD14. but my temps are just ridiculous. the last 4 months i have typically gotten a dip at CD10/11 followed by a day or 2 of high temps, then a dip at CD13/14 followed by 2-3 days of high temps, and then a final dip at CD17/18 followed by high temps the remainder of the cycle. it's really frustrating.
with having 3 dips a month, FF has confirmed ovulation twice. oddly not when i had a positive opk in october, but it did give me cross hairs this time, but the day before the positive...
we did purchase a fertility monitor - the ovacue - to use for next month's 'dry run'... hoping that will give us more solidity before we order for insems in march.

i do have a 7 year old son, who i'm know i conceived at CD10/11 (or i suppose w/in 5 days of that day as the sperm live that long) - as i was only intimate that day of my cycle...
not sure if that plays a roll now. i had an IUD for 4.5 years after he was born and i'm obviously 8 years older so it may be very different now.

Just wanted to say that the 2nd dip could be a fall back temp, I used to get them.

Re the dotted crosshairs, I would see what the next couple of days temp brings as, along with the OPK, FF could use this new info to give you solid crosshairs. If I remember correctly, it needs 3 high temps for the solid crosshairs.

I do know of one lady who got pregnant, using this method although a fresh sample, with a donation the day after OV.

TTC is a hard and confusing process at times but I'm sending lots of :dust:

i've never heard the term fall back temp...
the month that FF gave me an O day of CD17, i wasn't doing opks so it would appear it took that 2nd/3rd dip as the O day that month.

i guess i was/am mostly confused (maybe a little panicked) about the fact that it put my O before my positive opk.

also, on the topic of opks. i got my positive (smiley face!) at 6:10am on CD14, i tested again at 6:30pm and it was negative. is that normal?

I've been taking 50mg Clomid, CD5 - CD9, for two cycles now. Both times, I've been using OPK's and charting BBT, as I've been doing all along. On natural cycles, my OPK and BBT correlate as expected... I have an LH surge that's detected for ~36 hours, then I ovulate and have a temp rise. Both times on Clomid, I've experienced a temperature rise on CD16 - and that is also the first day of my positive OPK! It looks like I ovulated without an LH surge (I'm experienced with both OPKs and temping and know that I'm doing them correctly), just looking at my chart. However, my luteal phase in the first cycle suggested that I probably ovulated as indicated by the OPK, on CD17, rather than CD15, as indicated by the temperature rise. Why is this happening? Am I ovulating CD15, or CD17?

I thought the temps were a fluke during the first cycle because I slept so poorly right around O, but it's happening again this time, exactly the same, and I slept well last night, and all was as usual.

I'm so confused and stressed out by this! :dohh:

well it's been 4 days of high temps, putting my O at CD13.
FF won't give me solid cross hairs because my OPK was positive in the early am on CD14... my OPK on CD13 in the even was negative... but it's possible that i hadn't waited long enough in between using the bathroom... or that i tested too early in the evening.

is it possible that i O'd during the night of CD13 and the LH was just still there in CD14 since it was so early?

Happy new year to you All I hope this year will bring us all loads of baby cloud .Welcome JGO 18 . 2moms2be I hope this will be your cycle .
Girls I have question please can you help me can I use two different donor at the same month (not the same day ofcousre at least a day between them) as each one of them is only able to help once a month.I'm just trying to increase my chance of getting enough sperm.

I wouldn't. There have been studies that state the sperm would attack eachother. Thus you would be actually lowering your chances as they would spend more time attacking eachother thank looking for the egg.
Plus would wouldn't know who the genetic other half of your child is...

I wouldn't. There have been studies that state the sperm would attack eachother. Thus you would be actually lowering your chances as they would spend more time attacking eachother thank looking for the egg.
Plus would wouldn't know who the genetic other half of your child is...

Thanks Laura 1988 how you doing I hope you are doing well.thank you for the info I will avoid it then. I hope it will work for All of us soon

Hi ladies! I've been trying to conceive with at home insemination using fresh sperm for a few months now with no success. For those who got a bfp, did you let the sperm liquify before inserting? and for how long? I tried the softcups and i could never get it in right. I'm just gonna do cup and syringe for now on.

I inseminated ASAP after the donation. Both times within 2-5 minutes. I just sucked it up in the syringe, inserted the syringe as close as I could to my cervix, and deposited it. First time, I O'd right after, second time, it was 2 hours later (because I did the travelling this time). Both times, I put on a pad and kept it there for 3-4 hours before I showered.

Both times, I conceived on the first try, with one donation. Have a girl and a boy. Same donor. Trying again in May.

wow! with just one insemination per cycle and you caught the egg. Did you get a positive OPK and then did the insemination that evening? I'm going to start doing OPKs twice daily to try to get the timing right. I've only been doing it once daily and i missed my O day last month. What size syringe did you use? Did you use preseed? Any details will be greatly appreciated.

I used a 10ml medicine syringe. And yes, one insemination both times and conceived first try twice. First time, I didn't use any OPKs or anything. I knew my cycle very well. I inseminated the day before O and got a BFP 10 days later and have my girl. Then, the second time, three years later, I DID use OPKs because I had just had a tubal reversal one month before and wanted to make sure that my cycles didn't change.

I got a blaring positive on an OPK that night, and ovulated in the middle of the night and inseminated that same day. I inseminated 18 hours after positive OPK and got my boy.

I attribute my success to early insemination. I inseminated a day or two before my positive OPK because I knew it was due around then & the sperm can live up to five days so that was my safety net, to know some was already in there. Then once I got my OPK I inseminated again, I think it was 3 days after the first insemination. I think that's what did it for me. If the egg popped out straight after my OPK, there was sperm waiting from the first insem and if it came out a day or so after, the second insemiation was waiting for it.

It depends on your donor being willing, of course bbut it might save him time in the long run.

The sperm was liquefied because I didn't inseminate it until about 30 mins after he gave it to me-kept as warm as possible. I used a little bit of preseed because I didn't have a lot of EWCM.

I only used softcups because I couldn't lie down afterwards, otherwise I think I would have just remained lying down for half an hour or so, so if you can do that, don't worry about soft cups.

As for OPKs, I used them 2-3 times a day. Around 10am and then 3pm. Usually I'd get my first positive at 3pm then again the next morning. Sometimes my morning ones never showed a positive so if I'd not tested in the afternoon I'd have missed it altogether.

Girls, I'm being such a wimp! I'm 14DPO today, AF due Monday. Last Clomid cycle, I had the beginnings of a temp drop & my spotting started at 14DPO... told myself that if my temp stayed up on 14dpo I'd test. Well, temp went UP this morning, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Halfway through the day with no spotting, but I can't POAS!

Haha! Now I'm like, well, if my temp stays up tomorrow and I don't spot today, I'll test tomorrow.

Not bloody likely :p I'd rather see AF than a BFN any day. Wuss! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->