• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Any of you use soft cups? I recently bought some so practicing with my period now. I was just curious if you did have semen placed in soft cup and insert in you that way? Any experiences out there?

Our little peanut was made with a softcup. Donor put deposit directly in cup, popped it in and :sex::thumbup:

Any of you use soft cups? I recently bought some so practicing with my period now. I was just curious if you did have semen placed in soft cup and insert in you that way? Any experiences out there?

Our little peanut was made with a softcup. Donor put deposit directly in cup, popped it in and :sex::thumbup:

How many times did you try it that way? And did you try it any other way? I'm worried when I'm using the syringe I'm damaging the sperm...or not getting it all...

:spermy:

How many times did you try it that way? And did you try it any other way? I'm worried when I'm using the syringe I'm damaging the sperm...or not getting it all...

We officially tried for a year. Had a loss after our 6th month and our rainbow 3 months after our "all clear" to try again. We tried syringe at first with insertion but seemed to not feel like we were getting a good try because of leaking and transfer from cup to syringe. Then we eventually tried syringe into the softcup but felt like that was still too much meddling with the :spermy: so having him deposit into the cup seemed like less waste and less chance of damaging the goods. :haha:

Hi girls am back - my princess is 3months all went well with delivery sorry been so busy totally forgot to update she was 9lb when born and 0-3 clothes xx

Thanks Hun it's first month for trying again xxx this is second af since her birth xxx

Leah, your little girl has the BEST birthday ever...not that I'm biased, lol

7 days until my due date. Can't wait for my little man to join us.

Hey ladies, just updating on here-we officially inseminated on the 10, 11th and 12th and are at 3 DPO according to Fertility friend. Yesterday we had weird symptoms; crampy slight pain in ovaries especially the right side, and lots of CM since the 10th which normally goes away after a day or so but seems to be lingering. Fingers crossed these are good signs and that it took on the first try! We will be skipping August and resuming TTC in September if this doesn't take-but fingers crossed for our April Baby!

Hi there

I have not read through the whole thread, however I used a simple plastic syringe, inserted inside and kept hips up for 15 mins. We conceived on 3rd month with first baby and on the 2nd month with our 2nd baby.

Hope this helps.

Just popping in to update everyone, sorry I've been away for a few months! I will do better about checking in again. Still think about you all often and sending you lots and lots of baby dust!

Our miracle baby is still growing well - can't believe I'm 32w! Had a second sonogram around 23 weeks and he's still a he - our first baby boy! I'm very excited. His nursery is coming together beautifully, we finally have a name picked out, and we've moved to biweekly midwife appts. One more month of that and then we move to weekly appts! Wow! We have a baby shower next weekend so that will be a lot of fun. We're starting alllll over with the baby stage (it's been almost 5 years!) so I'm looking forward to our shower for sure.

Just checking in with my update and also hoping it give y'all some hope <3 Just keep chugging along, everyone, this can and DOES work!!!!!!! I'm living proof (and so is my baby!!)

Hi ladies, haven't been on in a while as I've been a bit busy. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing! Congrats on bfps and babies! Good luck to all those still ttc!

Here are my little ones...growing fast! 3 months old and 3-6 month clothes, born at 5.6 and 6.6 (now around 13lbs). Exclusively on breastmilk. Conceived using a known donor, at home, using a soft cup, 2nd month of climid.
IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

Had my little man 4 days ago, July 22 at 1:45am. Asher Rowan Manuel weighed 8lbs 10oz 19in long.

He was delivered through traumatic emergency csection. Birth story is in Birth Announcements.

He was conceived with donor sperm, first donation after tubal reversal, using just a syringe and fresh sperm.

https://i59.tinypic.com/2wec26c.jpg

I am so glad I have found this thread, I have been reading it ALL day! :winkwink:

I am one half of a lesbian couple- married for 6 years, together for 11, we have one daughter together who is almost in double digits in age :dohh:

We are currently in the waiting stage after trying with a KD at home this past Thursday and Saturday. I have been tracking my cycle for 9 long months and finally we started trying....I know the chances of conceiving the first month are slim BUT we are crossing our fingers....

I wanted to say thank you to each of you for posting your stories, successes and failures followed by more success, it has really given me much more confidence in our process and in knowing that we are not alone in this TTC journey!

Thanks!

I'm new to this forum and have been closely reading the posts of many people. I am one half of a lesbian couple that are in the planning stages of waiting to try.

I've been quietly reading (not yet posting) to get any help,advice and tips to where to go and what to do. And similarly to the post above I just thought I'd take the time to thank everyone for posting their stories as it has made me and my wife feel tremendously optimistic.

Hopefully in the near future there will be people here that will be open to answering queries for us and up for chatting. :)

I'm new to this forum and have been closely reading the posts of many people. I am one half of a lesbian couple that are in the planning stages of waiting to try.

I've been quietly reading (not yet posting) to get any help,advice and tips to where to go and what to do. And similarly to the post above I just thought I'd take the time to thank everyone for posting their stories as it has made me and my wife feel tremendously optimistic.

Hopefully in the near future there will be people here that will be open to answering queries for us and up for chatting. :)

Everyone here is very open minded and more than helpful. My wife wouldn't be pregnant right now if it weren't for this forum. I had no idea where to start, and now we're having a baby :D You should start a journal!

Everyone here is very open minded and more than helpful. My wife wouldn't be pregnant right now if it weren't for this forum. I had no idea where to start, and now we're having a baby :D You should start a journal!

Thanks for your reply Edison. I will certainly give the journal idea some thought. In the meantime I'm going to take a sneaky look at your TTC journal. :thumbup:

It's nice to know that others had the same daunting thoughts of 'where do we start'! Congratulations also on your beautiful family :)

Hi girls need advice :-/ well I use fertility monitor and temping last donation was day before confirmed ov am 10dpo did pregnancy test with monitor with first Wee of odd monitor said not pregnant yet there's a clear second line developing ???? Could I be and it's just not enough for monitor to read ?

This pregnancy test for clearblue monitor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members