Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Well I have been stalking, I am a 27 year old who has a 3 year old adopted son. My husband & I are unable to have children of our own. My 28 year old sister agreed to have a child for us using my husbands sperm. We will be doing home insemination on her using his sperm! We will start trying in January. Any advice will be great!:blush:

Wow that is such an amazing thing your sister is willing to do.

I'm out for this month...

I guess I'll be trying out the ovwatch this month, and I'm thinking about mixing preseed with the sperm sample in the instead cup before inserting it. maybe that will help those swimmers get where they need to go.

Em - The month I got my BFP I used egg-whites instead of Preeseed, as it's made of protein and helps the sperm swim! It was the first time I used it and it worked (google it! eggwhite and TTC). Just something to think about! Just separate the yolk and give it abit of a whisk and insert it before the sperm. Make sure its at room temp tho, else its freezing lol

Bek - congrats on your :BFP: !!!!!!!!

Lizzie - How come you need to find a new donor?

Welcome to HopefulMommy!

Em, what is Ovwatch?

Alas, I am now in the market for a new donor, but think I already found one, I hope!

Em - The month I got my BFP I used egg-whites instead of Preeseed, as it's made of protein and helps the sperm swim! It was the first time I used it and it worked (google it! eggwhite and TTC). Just something to think about! Just separate the yolk and give it abit of a whisk and insert it before the sperm. Make sure its at room temp tho, else its freezing lol

The donor we use, he has a couple that after 8 months of trying used egg whites. They got a BFP that month! Can't hurt in trying.

Regarding egg whites, I'm a little nervous about getting salmonella poisoning, but I'm going to look into this. It sounds like a lot of people have used them to good effect.

the ovwatch is a "watch" you wear that measures Chlorine Ions on your skin. You wear it overnight starting on cycle days 1,2,or 3 and it uses a chlorine ion surge to predict your 5 most fertile days (4 days pre-ov and day of ov). The great part is that it gives you this 4 days notice that ov is coming. Its a bit pricey to buy - $100 including the first month's sensor. Every month you have a buy a new sensor which runs about $35. I have a hard time interpreting the LH surge sticks and also my donor is 4 hours away so I think it will help me to have the advance notice.

I have to keep reminding myself that although I've been TTC for 7 months, I've only been trying "productively" for 1. Still feels like 7 months of disappointment though!

hello ladies

my husband and i are thinking of looking for a sperm donor online just looking for a bit of info on how to go about it.
hubby unable to have children due to a motorcycle accident but everything is fine with me. we had a free go of ivf/icsi with a donor in may/june which ended with bpn then had fet end september which i had a bfp but i misscarried a few weeks later. i do have 2 frozen embryos left but dont hold much hope as last time out of 7 embryos only 2 survived 1 the docs admitted was slow so not expecting any to make it this time. we cant afford to go private so looking at other cheaper options.
i have been looking at a yahoo group called free sperm donors but have not posted yet as very nervous about it all. is there any other free sites i can look at?

any info would be greatfully recieved thanks

anita xx

Hi,
I'm new to this thread (obviously! :winkwink:). I have a known donor, I met him through friends. He is a great guy :cloud9:. I am waiting on positive OPK and tracking other signs of fertility as well. It is day 12 of my cycle and I tend to be fairly regular (28 days, occasionally a few more or less). I am hoping for a + OPK tomorrow or Tuesday so that I can inseminate both days. My donor will be out of town Wednesday through Friday for Thanksgiving so I am hoping that things are either right on time or three days late but not in between! This will be my first time TTC. I'm excited and nervous and trying to be optimistic yet realistic. Glad to find this forum!
Erin

I know several people who have found their donors here: https://www.sperm-donors-worldwide.com/directory.htm. You can see the listings before you subscribe, but you have to subscribe before you can contact any of the donors.

We found our sperm donor through a similar web site several years ago and it worked really well for us. :)

Gina. x

I know several people who have found their donors here: https://www.sperm-donors-worldwide.com/directory.htm. You can see the listings before you subscribe, but you have to subscribe before you can contact any of the donors.

We found our sperm donor through a similar web site several years ago and it worked really well for us. :)

Gina. x

That's where we found ours. It took about 3 months of looking, though.

Welcome to Erin!

I have been speaking to another donor and here is to hoping that this one works out! I was at the OB today getting bloodwork and I bought a basal thermometer as she wants me to chart my temps, I was really hoping not to do that since it seems like a lot of work, but what the heck!

I am doing another OPK and am on day 8 today and will start peeing on the darn stick again in the morning!

Good luck all again for another month of testing!!!

Hello everyone
I actually found my donor through Yahoo groups, free sperm donor, he provided all medical clearance documentation, we are on my second attempt and just waiting to see if worked. I agree you have to weed through some of the weirder people. I actually suggest setting up a secondary email that you will use only for this just to protect your privacy unitl you find the donor that works good for you.

thanks so much for your reply's we already have two accounts 1 in my name and 1 in hubby's im just a bit scared to post i will do it cos wanna start looking now ready for the new year. should be having fet in jan which will be my final one and if that dont work would be good to have someone ready to start straight after

anita xx

Hi Erin! How did your first attempts at insemination go?? Best of luck to you... and welcome!

Hi Mollie Dollie and Mommy Tammy,
Thanks for your welcome! My first attempt at insemination was...interesting, fun, romantic, silly, etc. I think I inseminated too early. It was day 14 in my cycle but I did not have much fertile mucus nor a positive OPK. I went ahead and inseminated anyway because my donor was unavailable Wednesday and Today (Thursday), so I thought better safe than sorry. I figured better to have a shot this cycle than do nothing at all. I figured, if nothing else it would be good practice.

So my donor comes home from being out of town tomorrow night and before he left we talked about maybe inseminating again on Friday night (tomorrow night) if I got a positive OKP that day. Well, I still haven't gotten a positive OPK. I'm beginning to think that my cycle is longer than I originally thought. I recall saying to my SO last month that I thought that maybe I was ovulating later than I originally thought! I thought this based on sensations and mucus. I'm hoping for a positive OPK tomorrow morning or afternoon as that would be great timing for my donor coming home from being out of town. Tomorrow will be day 17 in my cycle. Has this happened for anyone else? Have you gotten a positive OPK this late in your cycle? I guess I'm starting to get worried that maybe I'm not going to ovulate or that something isn't right with my hormones or my cycle.

At any rate, I guess I look at this all as a learning process. I hope for the best but try not to have huge expectations so I am not terribly disappointed. I'm sure that if I keep trying with no success that I will quickly become frustrated and disappointed but for now I am trying to keep a positive attitude. Thanks for listening!
Erin

Hi Erin,

I have longer than average cycles and usually ovulate some time between day 18 and day 21. :) Good luck with it!

Gina.

Welcome to Erin!

I have been speaking to another donor and here is to hoping that this one works out! I was at the OB today getting bloodwork and I bought a basal thermometer as she wants me to chart my temps, I was really hoping not to do that since it seems like a lot of work, but what the heck!

Hey, it's not hard work at all! It's abit annoying at first cus sometimes you forget, but it becomes 2nd nature after awhile. It's definately improved our chances, and I always know for definate how many DPO I am, and when I'm most fertile etc using Fertility Friend. Have a look at my chart in my sig :)

Havn't been charting this week as my 6 year old sister was staying with us and didn't get enough sleep to temp!!!

Oh,and also, MommyTammy, my donor didn't show up last Friday and didn't contact us until today, so I figured he'd changed his mind, but it's all sorted now, and I'm back in the game!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->