Considering Cloth Bumming Jayden!

S

Sarah10

Oh dear, i've just realised how bad the title sounds, but..
I'm thinking of changing to cloth/resuable nappies :)
I'm really unsure of what i need to start off, it all seems so confusing! :wacko:

I have a few questions:

So far i think i will need the inserts, and the resuable outer nappy, is there anything else i will need? Also how much does it cost to start off? Do you reuse the inserts or do they get thrown away? (sorry i must sound really dumb!) Where is the best place to buy the inserts? Ive seen some funky outer nappies on ebay, cow designs etc and i really like the look of them! :)
Also do you have to change LO's nappy more often? Do they ever leak?

Sorry for the lot of Q's, i'm getting excited now! lol

Hi, 1st of all well done for thinking of cloth bumming (lol!) it's not the easiest decision to make nowadays!

The best advice I can give you is to research on the internet! There are sooo many different types of nappies out there!

All in Ones - where you just put it on fasten and go.

Pocket nappies - where you put an insert in the wrap then put on baby, similar to an All in One but comes apart for quicker drying.

Prefold - a pad folded on top of a separate waterproof wrap!

All in two - a nappy put on baby then a separate waterproof put on top of that. (like a terry)

There are soooo many to suit all different people and their circumstances!

I use pocket as they a easy to use and quick to dray - we don't have a tumble drier!

The nappy lady on the internet is good and so is the babykind website.

Others on here will be able to help you more too .... Good luck xx

im just starting i have usedterry before but it very different now i was advised to try alot of different sorts to start with buy second hand see what works for u n fits your baby best u will probably need to change more often depending how much your baby wets but i figure as they get bigger they wee more
so far i have
nappies about 30 all different makes types
bucket with lid
wet bag for nappies when im out
boosters
fleece liners to go against babys skin as it stays dry
non bio to wash nappies in only use 1/4 of usual amount

https://www.recycledevon.org/reuse/nappy-types.php explains all the diffferent nappy types n how they work

in my supply i have

Pocket nappies in variing brands and microfibre inserts for them
Prefolds and wraps in various sizes
boosters for nighttime and spare Microfibre cleaning cloths to use as daytime boosting

i tend to end up using my prefolds folded into a pad and put into a pocket instead of the microfibre insert as this lasts best for me at the moment till i can afford some bamboo or hemp inserts lol

theres lots out there to look at

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->