• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Continuing To Use The Natural Parenting Section (After Yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not doomed, just not the same and never can be. Watch threads fall down the board with hardly any answers

We're not just talking about 3 people gone from this section. It's the main staple

Kirsten
JayleighAnn
Boltonlass
Shifter
Purplesocks
Sezzlebum
FemmeEnceinte
Anothersquish
Bekkiboo
Jetters (for a period, another hasty decision)

and probably couple more I can't think of from the top of my head. Sorry for breaking the rules but I think people should understand the enormity of this 'cull'.

And all of those mentioned above are lovely girls and a lot of them I have found great advice in. So sorry that I'm not thankful that the same admin team that see fit to close a full section open it again and expect everyone to just get on with it.

Whether they like it or not people still have a bitter taste in their mouth about the whole debaucle and they have every right.

what happened to lovebunny? :shrug:

there are 2 names on there I didn't even know had been banned :shock:

henny LB was banned a while ago along with jayleighAnn and Kirsten

They are the ONLY members banned or just the ones your pointed out as your friends?

I refuse to sit here and explain every one of those reasons all done rightfully. A handful of those name 1/3 threw ABUSE around the forum directly, purposely and in hope to upset and YOU have a bitter taste in your mouth? Wow sorry the abuse offended you.

Bekki - Didn't she request closure? (Edit - She did)

2 of those names yesterday

Jetters - As she is ok with me through private contact why are you making it an issue?

Whatever, I'm out. Please deactivate my account and delete of my posts and photo's. This isn't the same forum I joined and yes they are my friends but you have only chosen to respond to that and not the other valid arguments I have made previously.

I'm grateful to the forum for the friends that I have made so Thanks for that!

perhaps signatures should be banned as people could be offended by people saying there Lo is bf or wearing cloth nappies.

Okay, I'm only new to this section put thought I'd put my opinion out there.

Firstly, PLEASE can people in here try to remember that not everyone in NP breastfeeds! That has been implied numerous times in this thread.

With regards to the chicken thing, not everyone will be aware of the background of the person who made that comment. I wasn't aware until later and as such when I read the intial post it seemed to come across as very snobby and holier-than-thou.

I have been a member on this forum a long time and prior to posting in this section I have had a clash of opinions with those banned members numerous times. On a few occasions they have deeply upset me. When I came in this section they seemed like totally different people and I was amazed how nice they were. If you're a regular user of this section but tend not to venture out much, or you do share their views, then you may be unaware how they can seem to others until you "know" them if you see what I mean?

I personally am very pleased Wobbles has reopened the section, we should try to appreciate that people have bad days, could all of you honestly put your hands on your hearts and say your work has never ever once suffered due to you having a bad day?! (And the mods here don't even get paid).

I think that's all I wanted to say.

Hopefully the section can continue to be the friendly place it was.

xx

I do find it very sad that the longer people hang around in NP, the more they tend to feel like admin, mods and members who hang around places like Baby Club are out to get them. If you look at the people who are defending recent events/actions, it tends to be members who are newer in NP that find it all fine and dandy. Of course, that is a generalisation but I do see a pattern. Yes, I know there are established NP members who also defend what happened, but I see them as being the exception rather than the rule.

One thing about this forum costing a lot of money to run etc so we should all be extra grateful that it exists...well, isn't it ad supported? I was under the impression that ads are paid for and I assumed that there was at least a small element of profit involved in running the forum (obviously not for unpaid mods, but for owners). If the forum doesn't generate profit, I would think something is going wrong somewhere.

We're not just talking about 3 people gone from this section. It's the main staple

Kirsten
JayleighAnn
Boltonlass
Shifter
Purplesocks
Sezzlebum
FemmeEnceinte
Anothersquish
Bekkiboo

and probably couple more I can't think of from the top of my head. Sorry for breaking the rules but I think people should understand the enormity of this 'cull'.

And all of those mentioned above are lovely girls and a lot of them I have found great advice in. So sorry that I'm not thankful that the same admin team that see fit to close a full section open it again and expect everyone to just get on with it.

Whether they like it or not people still have a bitter taste in their mouth about the whole debaucle and they have every right.

All individual cases, all banned for very good reasons, none banned solely on activity in NP and all none of your business!! You think "people should understand the enormity" of your limited knowledge of what actually happened (yes I'm sure they bigged themselves when they traded embellished stories, trying to out do the last about just how bad and unfair we are :(). If you don't like it then leave... we aren't the only forum on the net, nothing is stoping you from just going 'see ya'. You don't have to be banned to do that.

Truth is you will never know exactly what happens behind each case, and BnB has thrived after each ban. I think people forget that a year ago this forum wasn't even here... and we were fine then, just like we are now.

why don't we just all remember ..... opinions are like arse holes ..... we all have them, nothing out there to say who is right and whole is wrong here, lets just get over it and carry on :)

oh and beside I am happy because we booked out honeymoon today:flasher:to you all!!!

:blush: sorry:blush:

Your bringing up a list of banned members like it was done for no reason just for the sake of it and 4 of those at least threw HORRID abuse around the forum and our sister site. slagging the mods personal features, calling my OH a c***, me a lazy junkie bitch- A rather large personal attack.

If you want to share the whole story I of course do not mind but come on you surely don't expect me to sit back and watch people read like it was done 'just because'. Thats not what happened.

Kirsten
JayleighAnn
Boltonlass
Shifter
Purplesocks
Sezzlebum
FemmeEnceinte
Anothersquish
Bekkiboo

I imagine that there are 100's of others that have been banned for the same reasons as those above, why isn't a fuss kicked up about those?!! because, just maybe, all the focus is on NP?? 10 or so members is a teeny weeny proportions of the whole members count.

And it has been pointed out on numerous threads that have ended in closure - members are banned for flouting rules regularly. Just because someone gives good advice and seems lovely, it doesn't mean they can pick and choose which rules they adhere to.

perhaps signatures should be banned as people could be offended by people saying there Lo is bf or wearing cloth nappies.

Oh please!! The fact you even said that means you don't get ANYTHING that's being said in this thread :dohh:

It's not what you do, or what you think, it's what you say and how you say it.

Oh please!! The fact you even said that means you don't get ANYTHING that's being said in this thread :dohh:

It's not what you do, or what you think, it's what you say and how you say it.

Some people appear to be just trolling - they are all talking about it on the 'other forum' - pathetic really that they even had to hide the thread :haha:

Is this still going on? :wacko:

Firstly, I'm great friends with some of those that have been banned and some that remain...and the only thing I do that is considered "natural" is using cloth nappies...and I use them cause they're pretty [don't hate me for that reason! :haha: ] I formula feed, I give my baby chocolate, immunise, used sposies at night, TW until I switched to BLW at 7.5 months...and yet I feel welcome here?

Secondly, I am in no way sticking up for Admin here as I dont think they need sticking up for but can we remember that someone that they're close to has just lost her second baby in less than a year...so as much as the closure of NP did annoy me yesterday, I can forgive that as rash decisions are made when one is upset.

Thirdly, no one want a kitten? :haha: they're cute :haha:

But overall, if you dont wanna use the forum, dont? If you do, do. I dont think anything is going to be achieved by this thread going around and around in circles.

Bekki - Didn't she request closure? (Edit - She did)

Bekki requested closure whilst she sorted out personal issues and it was her understanding it wasn't permanent. She has now been banned after asking for her account to be re-activated because she spoke about it on another forum.

If banning people for activities outwith the forums is a good reason, why aren't those who were abusive on fb towards other bnb mummies yesterday after a bnb meet being banned?

be careful, i might get offended by what you said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"