Contraception? What do you use?

EffyKat

Mammy 2 a gorgeous prince
Reaction score
I had my 6 weeks check up today. Her first question after how me and Adam are was "What are you going to do about contraception?"
She talked me through all the options and I ended up choosing the pill. The progestogen only one where you take them at the same time every day.
Who else is playing it safe? And what have you chosen?
Any of you using this pill?

Im on Depo.
I considered an IUD but theres some aspects of them that bother me. I go in for the dDepo every 3 months, its scheduled in advance, the midwife office calls me so I cant forget! Im loving it.

I was on the POP too. You have a three hour window every day so make sure you stay in that or you will not be protected

Daphne - I was considering that but my doctor told me you had to get it done in your buttocks. So, I think that might be my second choice.

Keegan - I was told that I had the 3 hours to take them if I forget. Thank you :)

My mom told me I'd have to get it in the butt...but then I didn't. The nurse said my arm was fine. I'd ask again, and see if there's a reason they won't do it in your arm.

It's seriously so easy, I'm loving it. The first two weeks after you get it you have to use condoms, so the hormones can get through your system, but after that you're clear!

Oo after I finish this course of pills I'll have to go back and ask. Definitely sounds like something I should look into. :D

I was on the POP too. You have a three hour window every day so make sure you stay in that or you will not be protected

yeah, i was on the POP ... but didn't take notice of the timing of it all and hey presto welcome to the world JJ :haha:
now on condoms but i reallly dont like them :nope: so hoping to sort something else out and quick! haa

I'm on Mirena IUD and I love it! :thumbup:
It's good for 5 years and it can stop your period/cramps. It doesn't mess with your fertility or cycle so you can TTC whenever you want it taken out. You can have unprotected sex 2 weeks I think or whenever your period ends. My period just ended but I am playing it safe and waiting a full month before I stop using condoms, not ready for another little Tori running around, lol.

Yeah i'm using Mirena coil too...had abit of a crappy start with it, bleeding alot etc but now its great, don't have to think about anything at all :thumbsup: and I know that whenever we are ready for TTC it can be removed and won't mess with my cycle...
Had no side effects to it either, apart from mood swings maybe, but I don't know for deff thats what is causing my mood swings?

x

I'm not using anything atm as we are TTC but i'm planning on using the evra patches after this LO is born, they are brilliant tbh, only have to remember to change it once a week and can stop using them whenever you want to TTC. I used them before the pill because it was easier and i wish i had stayed on them, I love kaya to bits don't get me wrong but the pill was just not sensible for me because i have a tendancy to be forgetful and forget to take it ! only changed from the patches to the pill because i was living in malta and it was basically bikini's all the time and i really didnt want random squares of tan everywhere :haha: but after we concieve and LO is born then i'll be going back on the patches :)

I still can't believe you're TTC :D. I really hope it happens for you soon. :D

I'm not having sex, but when I was after I had Kenneth I got the Depo shot (hated it) and FOB was using condoms. But I didn't get my 2nd Depo shot 3 months after because I felt really depressed after getting it. I have an appt to see my ob/gyn this month & I'm going to try and get the pill, the ones you can take while breastfeeding!

I suppose not having sex is the best form of contraception! :p

just so you have another experience from depo.... it ruined a month of my life. i got it and bled EVERY SINGLE DAY. and during that time i decided to do research where i learned that they also use it to make female horses infertile. so be careful and do research. i had to be put on other pills to make the continuous bleeding stop. not trying to scare you, just seriously make an informed decision other that "its wonderful"

We used condoms.
With BFing you cant take the CP. But i didnt fancy the mini (POP) anyway, as im useless with timing :lol:

I'm getting a hard time at the min from my GP because there is no way i am going on any form of contraception that involves hormones (all of them!) so i want to track my cycle and use condoms during my fertile times. I can't use anything that is progesterone only anyway coz i bleed constantly on it!

I'm getting a hard time at the min from my GP because there is no way i am going on any form of contraception that involves hormones (all of them!) so i want to track my cycle and use condoms during my fertile times. I can't use anything that is progesterone only anyway coz i bleed constantly on it!

God, it sounds horrific bleeding all the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->