Convinced they are wrong...

djgirl1976

Expecting our 1st
Reaction score
Anyone else in this same boat? I would love to hear, especially from those of you who now know the gender. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE says we are having a girl. DH, his mom, most of his family, majority of my family, all my friends, they are all 1000% convinced of it. I, on the other hand, am nearly positive I have a little man in there, baking.
I keep telling them all that since everyone is usually wrong when I am right(LOL) that it is a boy.
Wondering if anyone else had this happen and who was right?
I just have a belief in mother's instinct...I know, corny.
I wont have a scan to find out for another 5 weeks or so, but I am telling everyone I am willing to take bets because I am totally convinced that I am right!

Most people, including my mum and my OH, thought I was having a girl. I thought from the moment I found out I was pregnant that it was probably a boy. I didn't argue with them because I would have been happy either way, but I have to say it was a little hard because when they said "boy" I had almost convinced myself it was actually a girl and all m mental images had been of me taking care of a girl! Strange given that my initial and underlying instinct was boy, but there you go.

I'm fine about my boy now, OH took a couple of days to get his head round the idea though.

Hi, yeah everyone who i knew were so convinced i was having a girl. They even started saying "i cant wait till you have youre baby i know its a girl" Well i insisted from the start that i thought it was a boy. I was the only one who said that my baby was a boy. I went for my scan at 20 weeks and she said BOY. Haha i got it right and everyone else was wrong x

Thanks ladies...I just knew it. Somehow I think our instinct just tells us these things! It will be interesting to find out for sure, but I think I will be the only one NOT surprised to hear "boy".
And yes, I really wanted a girl. Not that I won't love a boy just as much, I just really wanted a shopping buddy:)

everybody thinks am having a girl including my hubby. i think am having a boy.
am supposed to find out at the end of the month

Everyone was so sure i was having a girl. Everyone said the way i was carrying and my symptoms signalled that my baby was a girl.

Anyway at 20 weeks i found out he was a boy so everyone was wrong. Then i told them and they still said it was a girl so i had a scan at 23 weeks and got the sonographer to check again and i saw his little man bits so i know for sure he's a boy.

But people wont have it. They still say im carrying like a girl and showing signs that its a girl but yet they've gone out and got boy things for me. Im sure they think im dumb. I saw his bits for myself.

And all along i thought it was a boy. Mother's instinct is always right. You'll find you'll probably guess the nearest on your baby's weight. They say mothers always do.

Sorry for pushing in from 3rd Tri. Just wanted to add my penny's worth.

can't wait to see if you're right Lola...and I LOVE those shoes...TDF...
and Hex...I totally am with you...I just think a mom knows, and this is my first time, so we'll see...

everyone reckoned i was having a girl but from day one me and hubby thought boy.

couple weeks before we found out everyone changed their mind to boy and we changed our mind to girl! :rofl: its a lil princess in there :)

With my daughter i knew from day 1 she was a girl. My OHs family kept telling me she was a boy, even nearly buying blue things etc. They were totally convinced.
Had 20wk scan & proved she was infact a girl... OHs family wouldnt have none of it! Said the scan was wrong!
Had a 4d scan 9wks later which confirmed again we was having a gorgeous little girl & still they wouldnt believe it, even with a pic of her lady bits!
They wouldnt buy pink at all!

This time i did think i was having a boy which i was wrong. My OH knew it was another girl. His family seem to believe it this time & havent argued about it.

Everyone has said I'm having a girl - people who have seen me say girl from the way I'm carrying and from day 1 hubby and I have thought it's a girl. We were convinced and in all my dreams it has been a girl.
When my mum has dreamt about the baby, she has also dreamt a girl, but refuses to express what she thinks it is.
We haven't told anyone what we're having, so it's interested to see what they think.
But everyone is right! We're having a girl.
I would have fallen off the table if the sonographer had said boy as I have been convinced from the start that I'm having a princess.

hi hun i was convinced i was having a boy (though told myself girl so not to get my hopes up) and everyone thought girl at my gender scan they said girl but i still dont believe it my instinct is still telling me its a boy i have another scan on saturday to check the sex again and if they say girl then i will accept my instinct was wrong lol.

but mothers intuition and all that. i just *knew* my daughters were girls as soon as i got pg with them and i was right. x

I am convinced I am having a boy. I havent had anything clarified properly. I am on team Yellow.. but could have sworn my suspicions were correct when I saw something swiftly as the sonographer passed the ultra sound thingy over that area very quickly as she knew we didnt want to know.
But I think your right.. Mothers instinct and all that.
To be honest I wanted a girl initially but now cant wait to have a boy (if it is) but I am willing to bet my house on it.

I wanna get confirmed just cos I hate the suspense but OH doesnt wanna know so I may go to the next scan on my own.

All the stuff I have got now so far is nuetral but leaning towards boy-ie stuff/colour. however it wouldnt look odd if it comes out a girl.. but I dont think that will happen I really dont. :)

Just to add.. I had a read a few times in my pregnancy mags now that research says look to your partners family.. if he has more brothers than sisters you are likely to have a boy.. and vice versa if he has more sisters than bros.
My partner has one brother.

Just to add.. I had a read a few times in my pregnancy mags now that research says look to your partners family.. if he has more brothers than sisters you are likely to have a boy.. and vice versa if he has more sisters than bros.
What if he only has one sister? LoL!

Well, I've thought girl since day one, but I accept that I could be wrong. Hubby is calling him a he and I am calling her a she so one of us is right.

When i was preg for my youngest i just knew from day one that he was a boy but everyone thought girl - i was right - now with this one from day one i thought girl everyone else said boy - i was right!!!!! I think mummy always knows!!!!

What if he only has one sister? LoL!

Well, I've thought girl since day one, but I accept that I could be wrong. Hubby is calling him a he and I am calling her a she so one of us is right.

Haha my bets are on GIRL then. Your insticts say girl and HE ONLY HAS ONE SISTER! haha

My partner has one brother.

Hmmm. My OH has one full sister, two half sisters from his mum and a half sister and a half brother from his dad.

We're having a boy but shouldn't he be a girl??!!

Well I suppose nothing is 100% foolproof but the mags reckon majority of the time it follows that theory. lol

LOL...hmm, well he has 1 sister and 1 brother, so 2 boys, 1 girl. Looks like the odds are on my side...I sure would love to get to buy girl clothes, though...thankfully, DH will be a fabulous daddy, so a boy will be great for him...I can't wait, it will be sooo cute!

everyone thought girl for me but i thought boy all along, when i had my scan they told us we were having a boy,

im still getting used to it though because even though i always knew it was a boy, because everyone else kept going on i really expected them to say girl, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->