• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

AK - sounds like your lo is just nice and cozy in there! Maybe she'll surprise you and engage rather quickly when she decides to do it.

Yes sounds like dh will be getting time off at xmas - his boss decided not to be such a jerk. She had been saying that he would have to work xmas since we had the baby the week he was supposed to be on-call. Now he is on-call tonight through next thurs. night. But won't have to work the holiday - YEAH!!! Still its about 0 degrees here - we just had a huge blizzard the past few days (12" snow) so dh will be very busy this whole week. (he fixes furnaces)

My inlaws are on there way over to visit - they havent seen megan with her eyes open yet & neither have my parents. I had to send them all videos that proved she could open her eyes. LOL

LOL at the nesting instict AK! There is nothing like a pregnant woman getting ready for her baby & a little boredom kicked in there too sounds like! :rofl:

Aww daisy thats good, bout time employers got a heart!

I just had a bit of a dizzy spell, went out to eat with friends and when we got to the bar where i used to work to pick up wages i started feelin really strange, went all sweaty and dizzy and felt like i was gonna pass out, not a nice feeling at all! ive had them before but they always pass when i sit down, this one just went on and on! my blood pressures not been too low lately, its been "normal" any other ideas? i got home and lay down for a bit and it seemed to pass, wasnt nice at all!

test results are in in the morning, not sure what i want them to say! either result would have pros and cons!

AK - I don't think this LO is going anywhere soon either. He's 3/5 engaged, but has been since 36 weeks.
I am now seriously concerned that he is going to be a xmas day baby, more because I bet they have skeleton staff in hospitals on xmas day (who would want to work if they didn't have to?) - said this to the doctor just now and, to be honest, he didn't do much to make me feel any better about it "I'm sure everyone you need will be there, it'll just be less admin staff". I know that's not true on weekends in this particular hospital, let alone xmas day. Oh well, I guess the more I stress about it the more likely I am to actually need the sweep to get him out (booked for 23rd).

Emma - hope you get the results you want this morning (can't really tell which you would prefer, maybe you don't even know). The dizzy thing doesn't sound ideal, lack of food maybe? My BP has now been something/75-80 at the last 3 appointments, which doc seemed very happy with, seems random to me that it's gone up from something/60 every other time but hey....

So, if this little monkey doesn't decide to make an appearance I'm going to a birthday party on Saturday night, going to have to raid the wardrobe for something vaguely presentable to wear! I bet, once I find something and paint my nails baby will decide to come.... Hope you all have good weekends whatever you're up to :) x

Yea, mine has always been something over /55 or /60 but this time it was /70 but she was happy with that... see i'd of said lack of food too but i'd just been out for a meal!

anyway, i called the doctors and they said that one of my test results came back fine the other didnt - she only told me she was testing for one thing! and the doctor will call me back this morning! scared now!!! argh!!

JD - at least your nails will be pretty when you give birth, lol!

good idea about getting your nails done jaydee.... maybe it will be all the encouragement your lo needs!

emma - not fun! i would have said bp or low blood sugar with lack of food too - no other ideas.... hmmm hopefully they figure out whats up. Induction isnt exactly fun... but if i can get through it so can you! you had said before you are planning on an epi? hopefully they give you more than a couple hrs notice - might be nice to have the weekend to make sure your all ready- in the meantime sounds like you need to take it easy!

Hello lovelies!

What cute photos Daisy. Emma i hope all is ok with you and the results are just for something to keep a close eye on rather than panic about, but you're 37wks so as Daisy says - you can do it if you have to!!

First day of maternity leave today - woo hoo. It feels very odd and i was quite emotional about it yesterday. But it's the start of a new life now and i'm really looking forward to meeting our little one now.

Everything is ready, cleaned and bought for our little bundle... just the waiting game now. Hoping he/she will come a little earlier than the due date of christmas day!

urgh, my doctors suck... the doc called me at 11am ish to say that my bile salts were fine but my liver funtion test wasnt normal, was showing high levels of sodium phospherate... So i asked what that meant and she said
"lots of different things, could be a liver disorder, disease, infection - could you come back in for more tests including a pregnancy test":dohh:

like seriously - do they have a clue?!

turns out its completely normal to have those raised levels if i'm pregnant, stupid woman :growlmad:

Got to keep goin back for bile salts tests weekly but other than that shes comfortable that i'm okay.

So have spent the day cleaning - yay, nesting finally kicked in!! have cleaned the upstairs of the house, built the cot - set up the nursery... tried sorting thru clothes, i have way too many, first load is drying, second lot is in, now i hafta go thru the 0-3 3-6 & 6-9 that all seem to of appeared from nowhere!

only thing i'm missing is a cot mattress! things are finally getting finished! woo!

Emma - glad your blood results are ok, can't believe that they were stupid enough not to realise that you were pregnant!

TTC - enjoy your maternity leave. I'm also hoping my LO decides to make an apperance before Xmas day. I know they come when they are ready and all that but.....

Found an outfit that looks vaguely party like which is black and purple, so purple nails it's going to be....

Have fun JayDee!

Emma - stupid woman!! (your dr - not you)! Boy a pregnancy test?!?!? The woman must be daft! Glad all is well though! Even though they made things crazy with the waiting and testing part!

TTC - YEAH!!! for maternity leave! Glad you are feeling organized - better than I was - dh was out buying a basinett the night we got home from the hospital. LOL I was just going to use our crib - but we had 2nd thoughts after bringing her home. Also - needed newborn diapers vs. size 1 and some premie clothes as even the newborn clothes seemed too huge on her which is odd cause newborn is supposed to be 5-8lbs! :shrug:

Realizing that xmas is only 2 weeks away! Even if your babies wait til xmas day to come - it will be one heck of a xmas present!!

Jaydee, have fun at the party! Purple sounds like the perfect good luck colour to bring on labour.

Emma, glad to hear your test results came back fine. You could have had fun showing up to take your pregnancy test--act all surprised when it comes back positive. Lol. :haha:

TTC, congrats on starting maternity leave!! Put your feet up and relax. I haven't actually done that yet, but that's what everyone has been telling me to do during mat leave.

Daisy, so glad your DH's boss has decided to have some Christmas spirit. You must be so excited to have your first Christmas as a new family! Does Megan have cute little Christmas outfits ready for the holiday season?

I had my midwife appointment yesterday. She reminded me that some babies don't engage and drop until during labour. Since she's still free, my midwife gave me advice on how to keep her on the left side as she said baby lying on the right side can lead to long slow labour with possible back to back pain. I am now sitting on birthing ball, straddling a chair and leaning forward, and lying exclusively on my left side.

AK - good luck with baby staying puton your left! During the few weeks before my delivery baby kept moving from one side to the other - cause each nonstress test i had (tues & fridays) she would be switched from the time before. I wasnt noticing when she was moving either - so don't know if it was when I was sleeping or if I just mistook it as other movement.

Good thought on xmas clothes!! I had xmas things all picked out for her - but now realizing that they will be too big. Everything I originally got was all 0-3 month sizes for this winter including special xmas outfits & even sleepbag type things I got are all 0-6 mo or 0-9 months which are all way too huge for her! Maybe I'll have to take my first alone outing with Megan this weekend.

Well, my boy obviously isn't too impressed with painted nails, cos he's still in there! Must take after his dad, who claims he doesn't like it when women get really overly tarted up - luckily I'm too lazy to spend hours getting ready so we're a good match!

Also tried walking and jalapenos (sp?) on nachos, baby still isn't shifting. Ah well, he'll come when he wants I guess. Did think he might be starting to think about shifting because I am now starting to feel BH, rather than just noticing if I touch my bump so I guess we'll see...

Managed to freak one of my friends out on Saturday because I said I'd tell her if he started moving so she could feel it, so when he stuck his foot out I told her, immediately after this kick I got a BH, so she noticed how hard my bump was, so I casually said "oh, yeah, he's just having a contraction" - her face! It was funny. I did explain he was just practicing and she wasn't likely to witness me in labour anytime soon.

Daisy - hope your first outing with Megan went well and you managed to get her some cute xmas clothes.

AK - you managed to put your feet up yet? I'm not sure whether it helps or not, but it's nice sometimes.

Going to write and post xmas cards today, I was hoping to wait until baby came out so his name could go in them, but he doesn't want to play ball so it'll have to be "bump" or "...coming soon..."

AK - my little one also prefers the right side to the left. I can persuade him/her to move over to the right by sitting upright, bouncing on the ball and sleeping on my left to let gravity do some work - but it's always temporary! (my midwife said it's a good sign that baby is willing to move as if they start on the wrong side trying some different positions in labour can then persuade them to move over). So i'm not overly concerned!

who ever thought these days would come all those weeks ago - now were all just sat waiting! argh!

Speaking of positions - i swear he turned around last night, omg it hurt so much and the next thing i know i feel like i have a head near my ribs on the right and his butt on my left, i was devastated! he better turn round again some time soon! he's been head down for so long! arghhhhh!

JD - that has been one of my favourite pregnancy foods! nachos with jalapenos, yummmm! i love hot food - i think he's just got used to it, anyone elses baby would of been blown out by now lol

Emma - I think my LO has got used to hot food as well, it's only the frequency that I've tried to increase recently, I've not eaten anything that I wouldn't normally, maybe this is the problem, I should go for (what's a really hot curry?) a vindaloo or something!

My baby also seems to be laid on the right hand side of my bump (is that what you mean) and has been for weeks, but he does still move so he's back to my front sometimes so hopefully he'll know what to do when the time comes!

i eat jalfrezi - nicer tasting that a vindaloo - i always ask for extra chillis too, but i am a freak!

I think bubs is supposed to lie down the left hand side of your bump, still on the front, but to the left of your belly button so to speak - thats where my LO lies most of the time, til his gymnastics last night!:growlmad:

Ha - there is no wonder that spicy food isn't making your baby want to come out Emma! I've been buying jars of medium curry sauce (think it's a Malaysian one, pineapple and coconut and chilli) but adding an extra chilli and fresh pineapple when I cook it - no joy yet!

Pineapple is in season here!! Went to my aquanatal class yesterday and 4 of us had bought pineapples at the local farmers market on Sunday. Not sure if I could stomach the 8 pineapples a day that some sites claim are needed to spur on labour, but I'm enjoying them none the less.

As for the position thing, my midwife explained that the contractions will shift baby around to the front. If on the left side, baby only has to turn one notch. For some reason on the right side, baby could turn one notch to be in the right position or could take the long route and have to do a full rotation to the left and then turn the final notch. Reading over that, I'm not sure that my description makes any sense whatsoever. I've sat at the computer making hand motions as she did but not articulating it very well! I think she may have just been giving me something to keep me busy during the final wait. :shrug:

Hi lovely ladies

So sorry I've not been here for ages, I've never been so busy in all my life!

And I'm really sorry if I had you worried about me and thank you so much for thinking of me. All is well, I've just had the most manic of times since I started my maternity leave. Before I knew it I'd not logged on for about 3 weeks :cry:

Huge congratulations Daisy! :happydance::happydance: Megan is gorgeous, I can't believe I missed all the action!

Oh great, now DH has arrived home and is on my case for being on the computer and not talking to him!! I just wanted to say hello and I hope everyone is well, I'll be back tomorrow to read what everyone has been up to xx

make sure you do missy! weve been wondering where youve been, glad you're well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->