Coping techniques for homebirth around the corner!

Central heating?! What is that!
Gosh that was a shock comign from Europe! Barely any house has central heating haha

Our house is a icebox too, so well be having all our heaters on once little one is due!
Stocked up on loads of fluffy warm blankets too haha

COle was luckily born in summer :)

I know, it's unheard of here - well I know one guy who is doing it but it's hydronic (water filled) underfloor heating, so no good for piled wooden-floored houses, booo. There is one woodburner that acts like a boiler and can run radiators, but we're really limited here on what we're allowed because of the clean air act and it costs an absolute fortune to fit here. Was about -4 last night and the ground is still frozen where it's in shade now (nearly midday) - evidently it can get to -11 here, eek! Yip, I went mad buying blankets last winter and the OH thought I was daft, but I knew this first winter in this house would be murder. Next year, hopefully it will be less of an endurance test! We've been cranking the heaters as well and just got a record power bill, I nearly fell over, but you just gotta do it, especially with a we baby in the house. I think that's why so many practice co-sleeping here, as they can't heat the whole room to the right temperature, half the time! Maybe I'm wrong but I know one of my friends does it to keep her LO warm...

xx

I know it's easy for me to say, having central heating an all, but the idea of blankets and wooden flooring still seems very appealing.. I will be more grateful for our heating system though when winter comes round, we don't know how good we got it hey! :winkwink:

ROFL, frankly i was rather surprised that that was normal here, I coudl have sworn no-one can live without Central heating, the first winter in NZ was fun.. you know blankets etc.

Second was just plain annoying and it get's rather old quickly ;) Specially when the windows are dripping with condensation. (Not to mention that double glazing is still a new thign here too and most places dont have it!)..

Here in Auckland most places (if they are bought) have a heatpump installed which is brilliant but does cost quite a bit to install as well as rank the electricity bill up..

ANywho..pretty used to it now ;) You learn to have an extra layer or two on :rofl:

Im starting to waddle like crazy atm.. seriously it's a mission to drop Cole to kindy for the morning and walk back (only a street away!) is it time yet?! ahaha

Haha, yeah, someone else who was scottish and had lived over here for a bit said it was like being a student again in winter. We haven't had the condensation yet but that's probably because it's generally warmer outside than in and with all the gaps yet to be filled it's well ventillated...

Indigo, it should hopefully be fine once the underfloor is insulated and sealed from the wind - I'm really hoping to keep all my wooden floors and polish them but have conceded we may have to carpet the bedrooms, bleh.

How off-topic is this now! Sorry to the OP!

No probs i drifted of subject too ;)

Lunaty - referring to your original post :)blush::haha:) I'm pretty much doing the same, I have my pool, been practicing the hypnobirthing relaxation and breathing, and aromatherapy. Only addition is my lovely doula who is going to help me achieve my HBAC. :flower:

Lunaty - referring to your original post :)blush::haha:) I'm pretty much doing the same, I have my pool, been practicing the hypnobirthing relaxation and breathing, and aromatherapy. Only addition is my lovely doula who is going to help me achieve my HBAC. :flower:

LOL, ive got 2 cd's from a friend that ive been meaning to listen to for ages but i just dont get around to it!

Doula here is quite a bit of extra money which I can not convince hubby to invest.. But th epool will be there which is a plus (if I ever get the pick up date confirmed :growlmad:)

Ive been having a lot of Chiropractor appointments lately, mainly to help me with alignment and some bad SPD pains.. which worry me slightly too..
They say home/waterbirths are the better way to go when you suffer from SPD but honestly the pain can get sooo bad sometimes that im getting slightly anxious doing this all without any pain relief.. :wacko:

This evening i actually tripped on my way to the laundry and i can barely walk after 2 paracetamol.. luckily im seeing my Chiropractor again tomorrow but from what ive been told I can only expect it to get worse until baby has arrived.. :dohh:

Well enough whinging.. I might just open another thread to see if someone is in the same situation.. :coffee:

And I'm not jealous.....:mrgreen:

I counted! Worked very well for me as I don't like internals so it was a great tool to let the mw know how I was feeling. When a contraction started I would breathe in, breathe out say 1, breathe in breathe out, say 2 and so on. I remember at one point they were lasting 16 counts and at their worst at 10 and it really helped knowing where I was at and gave me a light at the end of the tunnel if that makes sense as when I got to 11, for example, I knee I only had a few counts left

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->