COQ10 statistics

Vix any other labs other than fsh? Sometimes high e2 will give false fsh.. and cysts can throw everything off...

HI all got my results today and my FSH is 72!!! My gp thinks i have a pituitary gland problem and faxed my details off immediately to a gynae consultant. Do any of you know of any way of trying to lower this (I mean nearly 10x the normal amount for someone my age is really too much to take in :wacko: There is a part of me wants to believe they missed a decimal point in there but probably not. Explains why I have had no AF since coming off BCP in July tho.....

I hope they asked for a re-test next month for you-that's a terrible number. I did 3, day 3 tests...3 months to give the docs more info. 72 really does sound bizarre (and off). Can you request an amh test?

Hi Alley - Dr said that all other levels were normal but did not specify what levels. When I called the surgery originally I was told that all results were normal!!! I had to insist on a call from my Dr. I think may be a visit them is in order next week. the weird thing is I have had pos OPK results in the last month or so and EWCM over the last couple of days. However,your remarks have made feel a bit better as I have spent the night thoroughly miserable thinking all hope was gone :cry:

Hi 2Have - I am new to this testing lark and in the UK when you hit 34-35 the NHS do not help you with fertility so am not sure what I need to ask for or look at. I will be asking for further bloods and will go back to surgery next friday to see what can be done. My problem is that I have not had AF at all since August 2011 when i then got pg then lost in December had to have further evacuation in Jan then 6 months BCP so they could not get the right testing days if they tried. And to think the only 72 I was worrying about is my year of birth!!!!!!!!!

Definately find out what all was tested and the numbers. I know uk and us have different scales so what sounds high to me in the us may not be off the charts for uk. I highly recommend doing amh.. fsh can change from cycle to cycle amh will not. My cd3 labs if i had not requested amh as well i would have thought I was just fine here are my numbers fsh 6.4 (normal) e2 32 (normal) amh 0.65 (low ovarian reserve)

Definately find out what all was tested and the numbers. I know uk and us have different scales so what sounds high to me in the us may not be off the charts for uk. I highly recommend doing amh.. fsh can change from cycle to cycle amh will not. My cd3 labs if i had not requested amh as well i would have thought I was just fine here are my numbers fsh 6.4 (normal) e2 32 (normal) amh 0.65 (low ovarian reserve)

...exactly what Alley said.:thumbup: I'm in Canada and they don't offer AMH but I found out that I could request an AMH if I really wanted one at the fee of $100. We're a little closer to the USA where it's performed. Could be more for you. But amh doesn't vary (in values) and can be taken any time of the month. It's THE most reliable test to know how how many eggs/time you have left. https://www2.macleans.ca/2012/03/14/time-is-not-on-your-side/ If something is messing with the fsh values this is the one test that will be accurate for you.
I too have low ovarian reserve. fsh 16 & low progesterone, on the IVf waitlist.:wacko:

HI all got my results today and my FSH is 72!!! My gp thinks i have a pituitary gland problem and faxed my details off immediately to a gynae consultant. Do any of you know of any way of trying to lower this (I mean nearly 10x the normal amount for someone my age is really too much to take in :wacko: There is a part of me wants to believe they missed a decimal point in there but probably not. Explains why I have had no AF since coming off BCP in July tho.....

72 does not look right at all, I would re-test. My latest FSH was 14.3 and the NHS is refulsing funding for IVF cos the number is too high. 72 is really off. Was it day 3 test? sorry probably not cos you said you do not have your AF. I do not think testing for FSH in this circumstances is at all appropriate. FSH fluctuates so on any other day it would not give you a reliable indication of your ovarian reserve. With this result you should be having very prominent menopause symptoms. I agree amh might be in order but the NHS is unlikely to do that (I was refused) so you may have to do it privately.

Hi all, decided to supplement and acupuncture my body into submission!! Am booked in for initial acupuncture treatment Friday. Had wheatgrass cocktail today whic was nice until I added a spoon of spirulina powder. I had to hold my nose to drink it and it still felt like drinking a pond yeuch! Looking at peoples responses 72 is such a ridiculous number to have so quickly. I am aiming to try and get my AF back for starters (never thought i would honestly want AF in my life but I do) so am attacking at all levels. Am going to relax in the bath, heat over the abdomen everything and anything goes!!!!!!

Vix - your plan sounds wonderful!!! FX that you get AF soon!! I have heard so many good things about acupuncture - sounds like a great way to go!

Hi to Alley, Here, 2have, Briss and all the other ladies here! I'm still taking 600mg of CoQ10 in anticipation of trying again next cycle!!

Vix - your plan sounds wonderful!!! FX that you get AF soon!! I have heard so many good things about acupuncture - sounds like a great way to go!

Hi to Alley, Here, 2have, Briss and all the other ladies here! I'm still taking 600mg of CoQ10 in anticipation of trying again next cycle!!

How is the 600mg going? No side effects i take it? Have heard that 800mg can help me at the moment but I will start feeling like a gum ball machine soon with all these pills rattling around inside me!!!

vix1972, sorry about your lab results, but the good thing is that your doc thinks it is your pituitary gland, which is probably something that can be fixed. Acupuncture and supplements can help enormously too. I do both and have seen great benefits from it.

This is interesting. I've been taking it because of the health benefits. My husband and I swear that it gives us tons of energy. Both my husband and I have been taking it for about 5 months.

I don't have side affects, that I know of.

hi Melly. If you mean coq10 some women can get a bad stomach and/or a rash as a side effect. I have had none nor has my OH and he swears it gives him energy too.

When i did accu last year it gave me a lot of energy too which must be good plus relaxing at teh time. I started Co Q 600 about a month a go and am trying to give to dh 400 at night

I haven't heard of those side effects, just diarrhea because it's oil based and you need to take it with food (otherwise it slips right through your system).

I am completely sold on antioxidants now that I've read so much about them. There are so many really great antioxidants that help repair cell damage & aging. We just started taking Lemon Balm because my OH is having issues sleeping and on reading about it it's been used to reverse damage for people who've had radiation exposure. I don't know why I've got premature ovarian depletion but if there's something I can do to reverse aging & cellular damage....I'm in! Hopefully i never get cancer either.

How is the 600mg going? No side effects i take it? Have heard that 800mg can help me at the moment but I will start feeling like a gum ball machine soon with all these pills rattling around inside me!!!

Vix, absolutely no side effects so I'm guessing it's going well! I know what you mean about the supplements!! A gum ball machine is definitely a good way to think about it LOL! :)

Also, hi Cali - hope you're doing well!

Melly and Alison, hope the CoQ10 give you both a BFP soon.

2have - I agree that antioxidants are great. Definitely a good thing to slow down the oxidation of our organs etc.!!

Hi all, after doing more trawling of the internet i have read that 800mg of coq10 can reduce FSH levels so I have increased again over the last few days to 900 (only because my pills are 300mg each) with no side effects at all. I must have a very strong constitution!! I have been given chinese herbs to make a tea with daily for five days. The doctor told me to hold my nose when drinking it as it is horrible but I like it and find it ok to drink. Also like my wheatgrass cocktail too despite the taste of spirulina!!! Think my tastebuds are not functioning well :haha: I gave up smoking about 10 days ago now prefer rasberry leaf tea to decaf coffee and take loads of supplements. My body was not happy on thursday and I felt ill and light headed so I got a mcDonalds on my lunch break and that made me feel better. My poor body was not used to so much healthy stuff!!!! Also first acupuncture went well and am now doing it weekly for three months.

Great post vix! What helped you quit smoking? Thats one thing i cant seem to do... the last time i tried i grew horns...

vix, so glad you're tolerating the coq10 well. I take 800 mg too with no side effects. I hate the wheatgrass too! That is some vile tasting stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->