Coronation Street

Was so hoping they wouldn't do the more obvious twist to a surrogate story line! :-(

Anybody know whether Tina's baby will turn out to be Tommys? Apparently OHs aunt has read somewhere that it is gonna be & that she was already pregnant before surrogacy started.. (I think it's aload of rubbish but yknow) just wondering if anyone else has heard this from anywhere? X

ITV have started to advertise the fall out of Gary's attempt to kiss her and Tina going into labour. Looks good!

Well Tina is leaving soon (it was said on the corrie fb page) so I wonder if her departure will have something to do with the baby. Quite interesting!

Well Tina is leaving soon (it was said on the corrie fb page) so I wonder if her departure will have something to do with the baby. Quite interesting!

Next spring I thought?

baby cant be tommys as the embryo made up of garys sperm and izzys egg was put inside her, so they would have had to do checks first to make sure she wasnt pregnant.

I read tina gives birth early, calls the baby joe after her dad and decides to keep him!!

I noticed on the advert that the pub is back up and running quite soon? I wonder if this will have something to do with Gloria as she seems to be hiding something and its obviously something to do with money.

Still can't believe that Tina would do that to izzy, keep the baby, but now that Gary has tried to kiss her I suspect she will make the decision based on the fact that Gary and izzys relationship isn't as strong as she thought and she feels that therefore the baby is better off with her!

baby cant be tommys as the embryo made up of garys sperm and izzys egg was put inside her, so they would have had to do checks first to make sure she wasnt pregnant.

I read tina gives birth early, calls the baby joe after her dad and decides to keep him!!

That's exactly what I said.
& Yep that happens, think its soon x

I noticed on the advert that the pub is back up and running quite soon? I wonder if this will have something to do with Gloria as she seems to be hiding something and its obviously something to do with money.

Still can't believe that Tina would do that to izzy, keep the baby, but now that Gary has tried to kiss her I suspect she will make the decision based on the fact that Gary and izzys relationship isn't as strong as she thought and she feels that therefore the baby is better off with her!

Don't see why the baby would be better off with her as she's hardly in a stable relationship :wacko:
I knew she would keep the baby nothing goes right on corrie :flower:

Think i'm on my own with this one but i'm glad the storyline has ended up like this. It would be boring if she gave birth and just handed him over. In real life yes it would be cruel but its a soap so the more drama the better :thumbup:

Coronation Street bosses have confirmed that Liz McDonald will be returning to the soap.

Beverley Callard, who played the popular character on and off between 1989 and 2011, has agreed to reprise the role and will be back on screen in October.

Liz's return storyline will see son Steve (Simon Gregson) approach her for help when he faces a crisis with girlfriend Michelle Connor (Kym Lomas). How Michelle will react to Liz's reappearance remains to be seen.

Callard said: "I am coming home and I can't wait. I am so excited to be back, I have missed Liz so it will be great to play her again. Hopefully her skirts will have got a little bit longer, but we will see!

"I have been getting texts from Simon saying we are going to rock the place and can't wait to work with Kym again and see if we can control the giggles."

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn added: "I'm truly thrilled to welcome Bev back to the street, she's a fantastic actor and Liz McDonald is a truly wonderful character. It won't come as any surprise to learn that her return is sure to ruffle more than a few feathers - welcome home Liz!"

Liz was last seen on screen in April 2011, when she left Weatherfield after her on-off partner Jim (Charles Lawson) had put her through more heartbreak.

The reunited couple had hoped to buy the Rovers Return together, but Liz was left devastated when Jim was sent back to prison for armed robbery following a desperate bid to come up with the cash.

Since leaving Coronation Street, Callard has been concentrating on stage work, touring with the play Little Voice. However, she never ruled out a return to the cobbles.

They could possibly have it as Tommys as I remember home and away did it with Sophie and Blake (I think she was also having Pippa for Sally and Flynn, there was also a story that happened in America or Australia (can't remember now) where it actually happened. it's very rare though.

Well if its rare it'll defo happen in a soap ha ha, but how would you even question paternity in the first place in these cases?! Unless everyone say oooooo he looks like you (when as far as your aware its not biologically yours)

yeah I find it quite odd myself, I just remember reading about it once. I think in Home and Away they did a DNA test which showed one was Sally's and the other was Sophie's..
I know that Tina will have the parental rights at the moment and legally she doesn't have to return him x

for the first 6 weeks i think, tina has parental rights, then izzy can go to court to get the rights handed over to her. Gary has rights all along though. Even if tina gets to keep him, gary will still have same rights as any dad. poor izzy :(

there is a couple of articles online about surrogacy (daily mail did them) and one had twins and live with the surrogate mother and live with the father and mother alternate weekends. x

from what I just read, izzy needs time to sign over the rights which Tina doesn't have to do. Gary will have the same rights as any father but izzy won't as although she is biologically the mother, Tina is classed as the mother. Poor Izzy, I hope this storyline has a nice ending x

I remember from an episode of Ugly Betty that there was a surrogacy storyline and then when she had the baby it turned out to be hers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->