Coronation Street

Coronation Street producers are reportedly going introduce a Cash Converters-style store to the serial.

ITV soap bosses are said to be launching a new shop onto the street in order to reflect credit-crunch Britain.

Cast members and staff have apparently been asked to donate unwanted items to use in the shop's display as a way of saving money.

A memo has allegedly been sent to crew members for unused cameras, laptops, computers, game consoles and other electrical goods.

A show insider said: "Executives want the new-look Coronation Street to reflect the modern high street. And most of them now have a cut-price store where you can get a bargain.

"Bosses are asking for those on the show to donate items because there has been pressure to try and keep the cost of the move to a minimum.

"Both cast and crew are being asked to look in the loft for anything they might be able to pass on."

The move is said to be part of the ITV soap's relocation to Salford Quays.

Back in February, it was rumoured that Coronation Street will begin shooting in 3D.

I'm not convinced I like this idea...coronation street itself isn't a high street is it? x

Not too fussed with the idea of a cash converter on the cobbles but Corrie in 3D o_O say whaaaa?! :|

Roache has been charged with a number of sexual assualts on minors. I used to like him :nope:

Doesn't surprise me at all to be honest. I've read interviews by various female cast members who have said that he is often inappropriate in that he touches their bums and flirts a lot. Out of order considering he is nothing more than a coworker :nope: I immediately thought that was so out of character for a normal person.

I wonder how they'll write him out..

Extremely silly man, I've grown up watching him on tv & it's pretty sickening hearing what he's done. He's definitely waved his career goodbye!!

He has been charged but no trial yet girls, just wait and see if he is found guilty first x

He has been charged but no trial yet girls, just wait and see if he is found guilty first x

Does being charged not mean he's guilty? :dohh: I thought it meant they had all evidence they needed.
What a fool I look lol! Aw well I hope he's found innocent, hate things like this x

I think the trial is today isnt it?

Bet he regrets that stupid off hand comment now :roll:

No, they have what they believe is evidence Amytrisha but doesn't mean he will be found guilty.

No, not the trial yet. Today is just a formality and probably again on Monday as todays court will just say they cant deal with it, so Monday he will go to the crown court and then later this year/early next year will be the actual trial.

Ah right so now it's up to the judge/jury?
Bloody hell, Corrie characters are getting it bad lol Kevin and Ken!
X

Does being charged not mean he's guilty? :dohh: I thought it meant they had all evidence they needed.
What a fool I look lol! Aw well I hope he's found innocent, hate things like this x

Don't worry I thought the same!

Does anyone know if Kevin (can't remember his real name) was found guilty?

Omg! What does everyone think about Tina and Tommy wanting to keep the baby?

Omg! What does everyone think about Tina and Tommy wanting to keep the baby?

Knew it was coming. Feel sorry for izzy she should have rights x

This exactly.

I know Tina said she loved the baby but surely if she loved him that much she would do what is best for him and not just think of herself!

Feel terrible for Izzy but it must be really hard for Tina- we all know what its like to give birth and could you imagine giving up a baby you carried for 7 months (I think it was?). I know I couldn't.

I doubt I could give up a baby I've carried for 7 months but at the end of the day she went into the 'agreement' knowing full well shed have to hand baba over.. I think the main reason she wants to keep it is because of the problems with Gary & Izzys relationship recently and the fact that Jake is premature.. Maybe if things were different she would of handed the baby over. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->