Coronation Street

Biologically it's not her baby though. She's only been back with tommy 5 minutes so shes hardly in a stable relationship. Poor izzy :(

Yeah it isn't her baby but you cant know how you are going to feel when you go in to the agreement. It is exactly why you must have counselling etc (both sides) when you go to a surrogacy agency.

Izzy and Gary surely have rights though seen as though biologically speaking it's their baby?!

X

Izzy and Gary surely have rights though seen as though biologically speaking it's their baby?!

X

Gary has the same rights as any father, but izzy doesnt as tina is the birth mother. For izzy to get rights tina has to sign over the parental responsibilty to her, if she doesnt, izzy can fight for rights by taking her to court but she may not get it.

I dont get why you would want to keep a baby that isnt yours, yes ok you carry it for 9 months but you go into it knowing what your doing, and to change your mind (especially if baby isnt biologically yours) is just plain cruel to the woman your carrying it for. my opinion :)

on a lighter note.. friday nights corrie made me giggle, sally when dev came over, putting on adele so he will leave lol

on a lighter note.. friday nights corrie made me giggle, sally when dev came over, putting on adele so he will leave lol

That was so funny! And then he started crying and it was so awkward! Hehe!

I heard ages ago that the baby will turn out to actually be Tina and tommys! I don't know how and if this is even true but it would be a good juicy twist!

Oooooo it also say on that website that it is illegal to pay someone to be a surrogate!

I heard ages ago that the baby will turn out to actually be Tina and tommys! I don't know how and if this is even true but it would be a good juicy twist!

Pooh imagine that! Surely that couldn't be though? :shrug:

Oooooo it also say on that website that it is illegal to pay someone to be a surrogate!

It is, but you can pay for expenses such as lack of earnings etc, so they would just claim it as that x

Pooh imagine that! Surely that couldn't be though? :shrug:

I think it's very rare, as they will test for pregnancy before :flower:

Yeah but nothing in soap land is ever straight forward! It would be a good storyline tho!

Ah man this storyline is making me so sad :( poor izzy. Don't know how tina could do that to her. It is not her baby! X

It is so complicated isn't it? Biologically it isn't hers but I can see how after having baby grow in you, you would feel as if it was.

Can she legally keep the baby if its not actually hers ?

^^ that's what I've been wondering. I get that she grew to baby but hes biologically not hers!

Yeah because it is a grey area of the law. In the UK it is seen that when the baby is grown in your womb it is yours. I imagine it is to allow for egg donation too, so like it is to cover if someone donates their eggs they cant just come along and say actually I am biologically its mum I want it back. Izzy has no rights what so ever until Tina signs them over, which of course she isn't going to.

Wow that's a real risk then to anyone being a surrgate and unfair as they could change their mind as in the soap - I understand totally why she would feel this way

It is scary as the person using a surrogate isn't it? I know some states in the US are more set out for the surrogacy scenario and you sign your rights away before pregnancy or during it. I imagine one day we will do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->