Coronation Street

Well that would make much more sense - but always still a risk - I do feel for all the parties involved - good storyline

It is scary as the person using a surrogate isn't it? I know some states in the US are more set out for the surrogacy scenario and you sign your rights away before pregnancy or during it. I imagine one day we will do the same.

I think this would be a good idea. Sounds a lot more fair on the woman using a surrogate :flower:

It would be awful to have a baby and have him taken away from you and having no rights

What will happen with the money though? Surely they could sue her for the money?

It is so complicated isn't it? Biologically it isn't hers but I can see how after having baby grow in you, you would feel as if it was.

Yeah I am the same ... I completely feel for Tina in this too. Awful situation :nope:

She hadn't spent it, it was all in her account, remember when she was umming and aaahing about paying them back for her dad's ring, it was mentioned then. However, I don't know where the law would stand as they are not legally allowed to pay for a baby, but cover expenses, with that they would have to prove she never had any intention of handing Jake over, which they cant. Any way I think Rita will come to the rescue.

Glad you feel that way too Baby D. I think it is upsetting for Izzy and the rest but can totally see that you would have no idea how you would feel about a baby when you've never experienced it before.

Its illegal to give/take money for surrogacy so wouldn't be able to sue. I think Rita will pay up as she already wrote a cheque a while back to Tommy so that Tina wouldn't go through with surrogacy but it was too late (remember?)
I have a feeling she may end up changing her mind again or something because she leaves next year doesn't she so maybe she gives him up again and then leaves :/

She changes her mind tho

So she doesn't keep the baby?

She refuses to give the money back

Asif!

I suppose if you think about it though, as the money legally covers expenses only, then she has already incurred those expenses anyway? before the birth? oh I dunno, its a difficult one.

Yeah but if she is keeping the baby she shouldn't be payed any expenses for carrying him. :flower:

She changes her mind tho

Asif!

I suppose if you think about it though, as the money legally covers expenses only, then she has already incurred those expenses anyway? before the birth? oh I dunno, its a difficult one.

Yeah but if she is keeping the baby she shouldn't be payed any expenses for carrying him. :flower:

depends what you define as 'expenses' I guess :shrug:

She changes her mind tho

Asif!

depends what you define as 'expenses' I guess :shrug:

No one gets paid 'expenses' when having a baby. She's kept him so shouldn't get any money for carrying him :flower:

Agreed, if she is keeping him for herself she should pay for the expenses herself! That would be so shocking of her not to give the money back! Izzy and Gary could use that money for another surrogate, not that it would be likely they would ofcourse but still she would be making that impossible if she kept the money.

I really dont like tina now, i think its a horrible thing she has done and ill hate her even more if she keeps the money aswel!!

I really dont like tina now, i think its a horrible thing she has done and ill hate her even more if she keeps the money aswel!!

Aww I don't. I feel really sorry for them all. She never had a dream to be a surrogate. Shes never experienced a full pregnancy and birth before. It was purely for the money so she had no idea how attached she would become.

(Reminds self it's only a soap :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"